NFL coaching carousel thread

Machinator

45 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Winston sucks. He's thrown over 70 INT's since he's been in the league. He's a turnover machine. Palmer was always a decent qb, Winston not so much. Ryan Fitzpatrick took his job, let that sink in. And you think Arians is going to fix Winston? Lol, ok. 

I didn't argue that all.

You said Arians is a loser. That's what I'm arguing against.

Just now, Machinator said:

I didn't argue that all.

You said Arians is a loser. That's what I'm arguing against.

Ah, ok. I guess I should have said he doesn't have much to work with. We have a defense, but our offense is bleh. Winston isn't the savior. If Arians can get a better qb, he'll do well. We have Evans and Godwin, but weak RB's. 

22 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Ah, ok. I guess I should have said he doesn't have much to work with. We have a defense, but our offense is bleh. Winston isn't the savior. If Arians can get a better qb, he'll do well. We have Evans and Godwin, but weak RB's. 

Arians went to the playoffs with Drew Stanton and Ryan Lindley as his starters for most of an entire NFL season. He'll be more than capable of making a fucking #1 pick servicable. 

Interesting Read.....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/tony-romo-jets-sam-darnold-has-peyton-manning-like-traits-that-could-be-helped-by-adam-gase/ar-BBS5ftk?ocid=INSSPBD10#page=2

"But there’s one pairing of new coach and quarterback that former signal-caller and current CBS analyst Tony Romo thinks could be particularly set up for success: the New York Jets' Adam Gase and Sam Darnold.

“I think putting him together with Sam Darnold is going to be a very good combination,” Romo said Thursday inside the CBS Broadcast Center as part of the network’s Super Bowl LIII media day. “I think Darnold has some Peyton Manning-like traits, and Adam did a great job, obviously, with Peyton in that situation.”

Though Darnold’s overall numbers in 2018 were average – he completed 57.7 % of his passes for 2,865 yards with 17 touchdowns and 15 interceptions – he showed steady improvement as the year wore on. Over his final four games, he completed 64 percent of his throws for 931 yards and a 6:1 touchdown-to-interception ratio.

When asked to elaborate on those Manning-like tendencies, Romo said he was already impressed by Darnold’s grasp of the mental part of playing quarterback.

“Just spatial awareness, ability to get through reads quickly,” Romo said. “I think he’s going to be a fantastic player. I think he’s going to make a huge leap next year. Some players have the ability – I call it spatial awareness, the instinctual ability to see leverage and get off a receiver when they’re going through a progression far faster than other people – that’s probably the most underrated trait that people can’t analyze. They see running. They see movement. Or they see the big play. What they don’t see is you got to the fourth receiver in 1.2 seconds, not 2.4. That’s really the secret to the best players at that position, and I think Sam has some of those qualities.”

-------------------------------------------------------

Ehlinger was better with his progressions in 2018, but probably has more room he can improve.  Still a great upside for Ehlinger in 2019...... has not reached his ceiling. 🤘

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Arians went to the playoffs with Drew Stanton and Ryan Lindley as his starters for most of an entire NFL season. He'll be more than capable of making a fucking #1 pick servicable. 

We shall see. He's had two different coaches that couldn't get anything out of him, so let's hope the third is a charm. 

15 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Zac's a smart mfer.  Got the fuck out of norman when he got the chance.  better hire than KK, not sure how that's even in debate.

Ehh. his resume is much worse. He was a grad assistant at aggy under father-in-law Sherman, followed his father in law to Miami to be the assistant QB coach. Spent 5 meaningless weeks as interim OC (thanks again father in law) in which the Dolphins O actually got worse, then was the University of Cincinnati's OC for a year and in that year Cincinnatti's O had a major regression from the year before, then spent a year as assistant WR coach for teh Rams and now is their QB coach this year. So, that's one year as an OC of a non P5 program (where he did poorly) and one year as QB coach for McVay. Every other position was basically the equivalent of a GA for an NFL team.  Maybe Zac is some football savant, but he has a terrible resume and bad results, albeit a small sample size. I don't think either was a great hire, but Zac's lack of almost any meaningful experience is pretty absurd to justify a HC position.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, michaelpshayes said:

what in the world is going on 

12 hours ago, Facemask said:

Question is.. what kind of drugs was he on? That shit looked crazy.

9 hours ago, Boogaloo said:

Looks like he did a nice big line to get ready for his presser lol 

That is fucking AMAZING!

It looks like Sam Darnold's development is going to be put on hold for another 2+ years.

Hoy shit, Kliff looks like the hire of the century compared to that guy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Machinator changed the title to NFL coaching carousel thread

The only way Tomlin comes is if they offer him $15 million-ish a year guaranteed and a piece of the team.  There is no way, even if he’s fired,  he goes from the competent stability of the Rooney’s to the boobery of Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen.  

I mean,  there’s literally a half dozen other teams that would hire him that don’t involve the words “Dan Snyder”

Edited by Bateshorn

11 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

With that list of names, some white dude is definitely getting the job.

Snyder gonna go with "shiny object" black head coach so no one brings up the racist team name issue again...Tomlin being floated is hilarious though. 

The Skins Made Jay Gruden Come To The Office At 5 A.M. To Get Fired

On Sunday, Gruden had morbidly responded to questions about his job by saying, “if the key works Monday I’ll keep working.” That’s not quite how he found out. But it was close!

Gruden was summoned to the team’s facility in Ashburn for a 5 a.m. meeting Monday by owner Daniel Snyder and team president Bruce Allen, who informed him of the decision.

• 1 year later...