Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, triplehorn said:

Rudy is thought to still have contacts at SDNY.  If SDNY is involved in this leak, I can see how corrupt actors could be attempting to corrupt Mueller’s work from within.  SCO commenting today deftly defines boundaries on sourcing.  The purpose was not to validate or in-validate.

I also suspect SCO has a keen interest in the sourcing.

I would be fucking amazed if a single person in the entire state's office is backing Rudy on this.  Preet was very well liked and Trump burned whatever bridges he hadn't already by firing him.  I don't need anyone's $9.95 but insiders seem to 'know' Mueller is working very closely with the state's office in NY.  Mueller is likely pissed about where ever this leaked from but he sure as hell isn't hurting to make a case vs dotard. 

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

So Trump tweets that he's going to make a major announcement about the shutdown and senior officials say he won't declare an emergency. Reports say there have been no conversations with Dems. So what's left to announce? Given his history the major announcement will just be a rehash of every other speech. 

He’s going to declare that Puerto Rico is not a state, and he is shifting that aid over to the actual humanitarian crisis affecting actual American states on the actual American border.  

Edit: also, the prayer rug was confirmed to be Navajo in origin, and Eric told him that they were an offshoot of ISIS, and so we will declare war on the Navajo.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

This is delusional thinking. There’s NOTHING positive about Mueller investigation having to come out and say any parts of the “bombshell” were false. Only reason to come out and say that is it’s egregious.
Literally, fake news. 

If it was “egregious”, the wording would have made it clear as such. This isn’t some amateur school council statement in the local newspaper where we just distill the gist of the language.

It says what it says for a reason and it doesn’t say other “stuff” for a reason.

My take? No fucking idea. Could be major or minor discrepancies. Of course, I’m sure you love to talk shit about the other side jumping to conclusions all the time, when that’s exactly what you did here.

9 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I would be fucking amazed if a single person in the entire state's office is backing Rudy on this.  Preet was very well liked and Trump burned whatever bridges he hadn't already by firing him.  I don't need anyone's $9.95 but insiders seem to 'know' Mueller is working very closely with the state's office in NY.  Mueller is likely pissed about where ever this leaked from but he sure as hell isn't hurting to make a case vs dotard. 

Perhaps it's the wine talking, but my view on this is as follows:

1. Parts of the BF story are true or true enough to certain aspects of Mueller's case.

2. The complete non-denial by everyone in the Trump administration until late this afternoon / evening supports the notion that article is not "fake news".

3. Every D in the Senate and HoR has been pushing on Twitter for Mueller to begin releasing notes specifically because of this story.  It's easy to see Mueller pushing back in the face of overwhelming Congressional pressure to reveal aspects of his case before it's ready to be released.

Edited by Stilicho
Pinot doesn't care about what time of day it is.
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

They didn't say the underlying story was wrong. That's glaring.

Ok, Denny. You’re trying to parse lawyer speech.

The fact that they felt the need to say anything is bigger deal, obviously. Lawyers will deny anything based on technicalities. But they felt need to get out in front of it. 

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

The fact that they felt the need to say anything is bigger deal, obviously. Lawyers will deny anything based on technicalities. But they felt need to get out in front of it. 

Because, in my opinion, Buzzfeed got the gist of the story correct.

13 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So, Mueller is cool now with Trump.

For about 12 hours. 

Trump's celebratory twitter reaction is yet another example of being too obvious.  Something about the buzzfeed sourcing is clearly off, likely by design.  If I had a to guess, the impact would have been greater if more time lapsed to draw others in, especially Dems in Congress, causing them to overstep before the story was revealed as not accurate in some respect.  The whole event appears to be a set-up: other important people damned if SCO remained silent, SCO damned if they refute any bit of it.  Ultimately the former scenario would have been far worse, and Mueller is still doing work.

1 minute ago, triplehorn said:

For about 12 hours. 

Trump's celebratory twitter reaction is yet another example of being too obvious.  Something about the buzzfeed sourcing is clearly off, likely by design.  If I had a to guess, the impact would have been greater if more time lapsed to draw others in, especially Dems in Congress, causing them to overstep before the story was revealed as not accurate in some respect.  The whole event appears to be a set-up: other important people damned if SCO remained silent, SCO damned if they refute any bit of it.  Ultimately the former scenario would have been far worse, and Mueller is still doing work.

And every relevant committee in the House is about to crawl up the administration's ass.

14 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I’m a lawyer and you are totally incorrect.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Stilicho said:

Perhaps it's the wine talking, but my view on this is as follows:

1. Parts of the BF story are true or true enough to certain aspects of Mueller's case.

2. The complete non-denial by everyone in the Trump administration until late this afternoon / evening supports the notion that article is not "fake news".

3. Every D in the Senate and HoR has been pushing on Twitter for Mueller to begin releasing notes specifically because of this story.  It's easy to see Mueller pushing back in the face of overwhelming Congressional pressure to reveal aspects of his case before it's ready to be released.

Got damn wine.  Bourbon, my friend. 

Anyways, fuck congress.  I hope Mueller tells them to fuck off too.  He needs Brick out as acting AG before he releases shit.  Patience is a virtue.  Congress (and dotard) have no virtues...fuck them. 

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Got damn wine.  Bourbon, my friend. 

Anyways, fuck congress.  I hope Mueller tells them to fuck off too.  He needs Brick out as acting AG before he releases shit.  Patience is a virtue.  Congress (and dotard) have no virtues...fuck them. 

I'm a cheap drunk.  It's generally rum though.

But I get your point.  Problem is, AG Iran Contra will inevitably do everything in his power to bury the report.  It's going to come down to the HoR bringing this shit to light.

2 hours ago, thepop said:

What an odd statement. Not a denial but disputing accuracy of details. Wonder why they released it.

To get Democrats who are clamoring for him to confirm a story that would allow them to move forward on impeachment, to tap the brakes a bit and let impeachment come to them (as it surely will).

• Like 4

Just now, GRHorn said:

Another thing to consider, how about the timing of this statement?  If you want to bury bad news you release it after 5pm on a holiday weekend.  What did Mueller do? 

Oh, wait. Tell me again how it’s no big deal. 

Maybe 8 years ago.  There's no "Friday night news dump" in this day and age.  Not when it comes to Trump and Mueller at any rate.

34 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

This is delusional thinking. There’s NOTHING positive about Mueller investigation having to come out and say any parts of the “bombshell” were false. Only reason to come out and say that is it’s egregious.

Literally, fake news. 

Who cares if it's "fake news"?  Fabrications damning Trump, if proven to be just that, in no way lessen the severity of actual malfeasance on his part.  The only people who give a shit are MAGAts who decide to weight the scorecard 10X in Trump's favor because Buzzfeed News got something wrong (and we don't even know how much they got wrong).

Buzzfeed News is not SCO.  I didn't think I'd actually have to point this out to UT grads, but here we are.  In a truly objective world, one false accusation has no bearing on a dozen legitimate accusastion . . . but we don't live in an objective world now, do we?  

Fucking idiots.

Just now, GRHorn said:

Total bullshit. 

You think Mueller and Co. released this on a Friday night to bury the story?  Because every form of American media - the Internet, Twitter, reddit, MSM, etc - has been dissecting this rebuttal since the moment it hit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stilicho said:

You think Mueller and Co. released this on a Friday night to bury the story?  Because every form of American media - the Internet, Twitter, reddit, MSM, etc - has been dissecting this rebuttal since the moment it hit.

It’s not just about media. It’s about the news cycle and the general public having other things to focus on. 

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

It’s not just about media. It’s about the news cycle and the general public having other things to focus on. 

Once again, if Mueller felt compelled to address the BFN story, is it your contention he should have waited until Monday morning to do so?

Really?

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Once again, if Mueller felt compelled to address the BFN story, is it your contention he should have waited until Monday morning to do so?

Really?

You’re right. I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that they didn’t get the response out earlier in the day. 

• Fuck You 5

Just now, SameSame said:

I have feeling Grhorn is just regurgitating right wing am radio.  I flipped it over driving home and the were repeating that line almost word for word.

It's what they do.  The right wing universally takes their cues from a few "media" outlets as opposed to actually thinking for themselves.  You can set your watch on it.

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Who cares if it's "fake news"?  Fabrications damning Trump, if proven to be just that, in no way lessen the severity of actual malfeasance on his part.  The only people who give a shit are MAGAts who decide to weight the scorecard 10X in Trump's favor because Buzzfeed News got something wrong (and we don't even know how much they got wrong).

Buzzfeed News is not SCO.  I didn't think I'd actually have to point this out to UT grads, but here we are.  In a truly objective world, one false accusation has no bearing on a dozen legitimate accusastion . . . but we don't live in an objective world now, do we?  

Fucking idiots.

Obviously not you. LOL  Where have you got the rest of your "news"  or "actual malfeasance on his part" ? Evidence of a crime is still necessary for impeachment. Just because you don't like him or what he says is not a crime in this country..yet.. 

22 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Well for one, both awesome people in your av would tell you and those who carry this traitor's water to fuck right off.  

No. They’re both tolerant, decent people like myself.  I’ve met Earl a couple times. We got along fine. 

Why dont you go back to hanging out with Toby Keith and the Boz?

44 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

If it's Rudy/Trump player(s) at SDNY, at the end of the day, their acts could be in stark contrast to their regular body of work and simply come down to doing something for money.  Solid normal work and respect for the office on one hand, on the other a willingness to do isolated favors when called upon likely for a nifty price delivered in a bag. 

The authors got played.

Just now, GRHorn said:

No. They’re both tolerant, decent people like myself.  I’ve met Earl a couple times. We got along fine. 

Why dont you go back to hanging out with Toby Keith and the Boz?

I've met Earl too you dumb motherfucker.  Earl is a tolerant person unlike the pigs who harass his ass just for being black, and harassed not just anywhere...but in Texas of all places.  Parroting right wing talking points then talking about people being tolerant.  LOL, you really are a stupid son of a bitch. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Crusher said:

Obviously not you. LOL  Where have you got the rest of your "news"  or "actual malfeasance on his part" ?

I don't have hard evidence.  Are you under the impression I said I did?  Damn, man.  Reading comprehension.  Look into it.

Evidence of a crime is still necessary for impeachment.

Wow.  You really need to go brush up on your HS civics.  You're out of your league here.

Just now, Pancho Negro said:

Earl would not support your politics.

thats easy to state

That’s fine. We could still be friends. Politics aren’t everything.  I have friends And family that disagree with me. Not the end of the world. 

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I've met Earl too you dumb motherfucker.  Earl is a tolerant person unlike the pigs who harass his ass just for being black, and harassed not just anywhere...but in Texas of all places.  Parroting right wing talking points then talking about people being tolerant.  LOL, you really are a stupid son of a bitch. 

Who in the fuck harrasses Earl for being black? I’m curious. 

I don’t speak talking points. I have my own viewpoints that don’t necessarily fit in any special box.