Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Trotting that one out again....The trail of discarded Korans and hijabs and shit. Lol. 

Obviously, the scheming terrorists used Korans and burkas to hide their identities as they approached the border. They then discarded the clever disguises once they were on sacred American soil which they defaced by praising Allah on their arrival.

They then put on new disguises so no one would know they were terrorists. Here's a rare photo of them sneaking around:

training.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

I've said this here before: I'm socially liberal (even moreso than most liberals), but fiscally conservative.  I actually agree with the GOP on gun rights, small federal gov't (back when they meant that), and responsible federal spending.

And I will probably never vote for a Republican in my remaining 40 or so years.  The GOP needs to be burned to the ground for this.  

most people hold those views, it's all about freedom, independence and self-reliance in our country.  Politicians need to destroy the religious/social right and go with the money conservative philosophy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

What I think may happen first is Pelosi negotiating with republican senators on turning on trump before any impeachment starts. She could say "it's evident now there's a mountain of evidence coming in the Mueller report and the worst hasn't even become public yet. It's in your best interest to cut your losses now before it becomes an even bigger shit storm for you

They have held out for two years. Every day that the GOP senate holds out adds weight to the opinion that they are generally complicit in the Russian corruption of the United States government. They knowingly or unknowingly took Russian money from the NRA and, likely, other sources.

Their votes on Russia have long passed the point of being suspicious. They're stuck backing up Trump who is likely not the leader in wiping Russian semen all over himself. They were already doing it and now big mouth Trump comes along and ruins it for everybody.

It's a coup for Russia to have an American president over a barrel. Why should we believe that Trump was their first target? Why wouldn't they go after key office holders before Trump offers himself up?

I have gone from suspecting widespread GOP complicity to wondering how can it be otherwise.

In terms of impeachment, what's in it for them to hurry the oncoming freight train? Many GOPs will go down with Trump. They lose nothing by delaying that as long as possible. 

Shame is coming. You don't rush to meet it.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I've said this here before: I'm socially liberal (even moreso than most liberals), but fiscally conservative.  I actually agree with the GOP on gun rights, small federal gov't (back when they meant that), and responsible federal spending.

And I will probably never vote for a Republican in my remaining 40 or so years.  The GOP needs to be burned to the ground for this.  

There are really only two options for the future: 

Republicans rid themselves of all this stuff.  God only knows how.  Maybe Barry Goldwater rises from the earth.

or

Vote D.  Which sucks because I've been essentially denied my right to choose between competing policies, because basic competency and loyalty to country are more fundamentally important than, say, medicare reform.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

This.

Plus a late-2019 impeachment that drags into 2020 really means the wall closes in on him.  And makes it REALLY hard for any Republican sans Mike Pence to be a "replacement" nominee. 

If this is the reasoning for a Dem delay then shame on them, too. They would only be working for election instead of remedying a profound problem for the good of the nation as soon as possible.

The sentiment against Trump is not some manifestation of a love fest aimed at Dems.  Just do your fucking jobs and act as the evidence allows.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I have gone from suspecting widespread GOP complicity to wondering how can it be otherwise.

In terms of impeachment, what's in it for them to hurry the oncoming freight train? Many GOPs will go down with Trump. They lose nothing by delaying that as long as possible. 

Shame is coming. You don't rush to meet it.

Nearly the entire R caucus has been utterly silent. Flake and Corker made a few furrowed-brow comments while running out the back door, but it's been complete silence otherwise.

24 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I agree with Pescado.  R Senators have a lot of leverage here and can effectively withhold their vote on Trump without an agreeable line of succession.  Of course, that assumes one is even needed.  Haven't really seen anything that would imply Pence has to resign.

Indictments dropping on Congress critters/RNC has to occur for the dam to break.  Once that happens, any remaining leverage for a deal to be made will evaporate.

23 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

If this is the reasoning for a Dem delay then shame on them, too. They would only be working for election instead of remedying a profound problem for the good of the nation as soon as possible.

The sentiment against Trump is not some manifestation of a love fest aimed at Dems.  Just do your fucking jobs and act as the evidence allows.

Yep.  I understand there's some element of strategy here, but if it involves keeping yourself in power for power's sake then the Ds can fuck right off as well.  Do your fucking job and fix this god damn country.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

There are really only two options for the future: 

Republicans rid themselves of all this stuff.  God only knows how.  Maybe Barry Goldwater rises from the earth.

or

Vote D.  Which sucks because I've been essentially denied my right to choose between competing policies, because basic competency and loyalty to country are more fundamentally important than, say, medicare reform.

I actually appreciate the clarity that Republicans’ consistent and absolute dumbfuckery has provided for us.  I’ve become more fiscally liberal as a result.

I figure that Rs manage to be wrong (or acting in bad faith) on virtually everything... climate change, Jade Helm, bathroom bills, immigration “crises”, death panels, the debt ceiling, weapons of mass destruction, hurricane relief, child separation, “the tax cut will pay for itself”, etc.

I mean, if I know someone who is always wrong about everything I care about, I figure they’re probably wrong about everything else, too.

• Like 9

Just now, Welch said:

I actually appreciate the clarity that Republicans’ consistent and absolute dumbfuckery has provided for us.  I’ve become more fiscally liberal as a result.

I figure that Rs manage to be wrong (or acting in bad faith) on virtually everything... climate change, Jade Helm, bathroom bills, immigration “crises”, death panels, the debt ceiling, weapons of mass destruction, hurricane relief, child separation, “the tax cut will pay for itself”, etc.

I mean, if I know someone who is always wrong about everything I care about, I figure they’re probably wrong about everything else, too.

A whole lot of this.

Well, that, and data and shit.  I used to believe in trickle down economics, the Laffer Curve -- they made sense, I thought they were sound hypotheses.

But we've tested those hypotheses.  They utterly failed.  I'm smart enough to look at the results and say "huh - that didn't turn out the way I expected, I guess I was wrong."  Then, I don't do that thing again.  Because it doesn't work.  It's been literally PROVEN to not work.

The GOP has been lying about damned near everything, and they are doubling down on all of their lies.  They could tell me that water is wet, and I'd pour some out onto my desk just to check.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Dertyberd said:

There's that too, but once there were tapes....

Don't worry though.   I'm positive there will be an effort to discredit the emails, tapes, and bank records as fake news.  

I find it hilarious how the right wingnuts just parrot whatever party line has been fed to them the last 24 hours by Rush, Buck, Sean and FOX.  I'm currently seeing all kinds of references to Richard Nixon's tapes.  None of this was happening a few days ago.  

Fucking idiots.  All of them.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

A whole lot of this.

Well, that, and data and shit.  I used to believe in trickle down economics, the Laffer Curve -- they made sense, I thought they were sound hypotheses.

But we've tested those hypotheses.  They utterly failed.  I'm smart enough to look at the results and say "huh - that didn't turn out the way I expected, I guess I was wrong."  Then, I don't do that thing again.  Because it doesn't work.  It's been literally PROVEN to not work.

The GOP has been lying about damned near everything, and they are doubling down on all of their lies.  They could tell me that water is wet, and I'd pour some out onto my desk just to check.

Well the Laffer Curve in and of itself is not the problem.  The debate was the shape of the curve and where on the curve revenue became maximized. But yeah supply side economics-lol.

1 hour ago, UTCzech III said:

Ahem...  Hello fellow American-Texans.  No, I am not a Czechoslovakian, I am white like you.  From Weest, Texas I am.  Would you like a coalachee, is good, has sausage in.

Little things get me. This amusing post reminded me of when Melania was missing and Trump was obviously using her account. Somebody faked the Melania account writing:

I am the wife. I am fine.

That still kills me.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

What a world. 

So let me get this straight. These "muslims" are hauling a prayer rug with them from their countries in the middle east, lugging them through Central America and/or Mexico. Carrying them across the border, then immediately after their first prayer in America, ditching them on some random ranch? Makes total sense. 

For all my years spent on the border, I must have missed this phenomenon.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I find it hilarious how the right wingnuts just parrot whatever party line has been fed to them the last 24 hours by Rush, Buck, Sean and FOX.  I'm currently seeing all kinds of references to Richard Nixon's tapes.  None of this was happening a few days ago.  

Fucking idiots.  All of them.

It's not a hard playbook to decipher.  What's fucked up is that it works, and has for years.  The easiest job in the world is a Republican political consultant or content maker.  Find the biggest lie, say it in a different/clever way, and repeat it over and over.  Fucking rubes eat that shit up and it becomes truth.  

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Bro, have you met the absolute idiots in this country?  They still think Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia are existing countries.  I had someone ask me once about some made up crisis in Rhodesia where the black people were supposedly enslaving whites to pay back for American slavery.  No joke.

It will always be Rhodesia to me man. It's just such a good sounding name.

14 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

So let me get this straight. These "muslims" are hauling a prayer rug with them from their countries in the middle east, lugging them through Central America and/or Mexico. Carrying them across the border, then immediately after their first prayer in America, ditching them on some random ranch? Makes total sense. 

For all my years spent on the border, I must have missed this phenomenon.  

Someone's dumbass wife keeps decorating the ranches with ugly rugs from World Market.

14 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

You know it's a prayer rug because it's got pictures of Mohammed all over it.

'The anonymous source continued "it looked like a beach towel, one side had images of a smoldering World Trade Center, the other side had NFL players kneeling during the national anthem, so there is no doubt it was a prayer rug", at this time our source wishes to remain anonymous, but below is a link to his gofundme page which is raising money to stop terrorism and protect our border and to stop abortion and bring back the pledge of allegiance in schools'  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

I wish all you people that claim to be socially liberal / fiscally conservative would vote that way.  Maybe we wouldn’t be in such a shit storm right now.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Welch said:

Damn, you pretty much nailed my feelings at the moment as well.  And whenever I engage in a political discussion with my family and some of my friends/co-workers they make snide comments about how they can't believe how liberal I've become.  They don't seem capable of admitting that many of the policies they now support via the current cult of personality are in no way, shape or form conservative!  Quite the conundrum.

14 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I wish all you people that claim to be socially liberal / fiscally conservative would vote that way.  Maybe we wouldn’t be in such a shit storm right now.

I mean, I do. I'm not alone either.