Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Y’all are reading too much into Mueller’s statement.  

Nothing about the buzzfeed article was specifically disputed. 

Uhm..... of course not.  These type of investigations almost never talk, they're not going to go line by line now.  

For them to say anything speaks to the gravity of the situation and that portions of the story aren't true. How much and which parts is for everyone to speculate about...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Uhm..... of course not.  These type of investigations almost never talk, they're not going to go line by line now.  

For them to say anything speaks to the gravity of the situation and that portions of the story aren't true. How much and which parts is for everyone to speculate about...

The fact that they did not take issue with the major thrust of the story speaks volumes.

16 minutes ago, thepop said:

What an odd statement. Not a denial but disputing accuracy of details. Wonder why they released it.

Maybe a lot of media was seeking comment. The report was such a major bombshell. Maybe they felt it necessary to let everyone know it's not accurate, to whatever degree, so nobody would act on it prematurely. If it was wholly accurate and Mueller was sitting on hard evidence that Trump obstructed justice so brazenly, we'd wonder why he was holding back and not making that known. Maybe he's just saying, 'Don't tell me what evidence I have.'

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

At this point I want Trump to go ahead and declare his National Emergency.  Then when president Biden declares a National Emergency to fix health care, election finance, and climate change all you “conservatives” who support this can suck my dick

Yes, yes...but they shouldn’t have to wait until then.  They can come suck this dick right now...

29 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The allegations in the buzzfeed article probably put insane pressure on the Mueller investigation.

Pressure they don’t need.

I agree.  It takes some air out of the balloon while they forge ahead.

Brisket quote on diff thread:

"AND....remember, we're not just aiming at one target here.  This is where the old bull/young bull joke comes in.  Don't run down there and fuck one of them. Walk down there, and fuck ALL of them.

There's been a continuous push for Mueller wrap it up, messaging attempting to set expectations to dictate his time line, and now what may be a true or partially true leak to further apply pressure creating discomfort for the investigation or to destabilize the pace of Mueller's work.  People with far, far more chips in the pot than Trump are probably realizing that while Trump is toast, if Mueller's progression continues, they will be too.  

My best understanding is that Cohen has not been fully cooperating with Mueller - with the Russia involvement being most outstanding.  I've wondered about Cohen being incentivized to be a firewall for Russian interests.  Go to jail for so many years and get rewarded (not by a broke dotard).  I keep thinking of the fact that atty Lanny Davis worked on behalf of Cohen, while actively representing relevant Russian oligarch Dmitri Firtash who is facing extradition to the US.  Cohen represents legal exposure for a lot more than Donald, and Mueller knows it.

Edited by triplehorn

28 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

So is Mueller and his band of 13? Angry Democrats no longer lying witch hunters?

This is an interesting subplot. A lot of Trumpkins are high fiving over a statement from Mueller's office.  If his full investigation report paints Trump in a terrible light, they MIGHT take it more seriously now. 

Also obviously, if Mueller's report just slaps Trump on the wrist it will only strengthen team #MAGA. 

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This is an interesting subplot. A lot of Trumpkins are high fiving over a statement from Mueller's office.  If his full investigation report paints Trump in a terrible light, they MIGHT take it more seriously now. 

Also obviously, if Mueller's report just slaps Trump on the wrist it will only strengthen team #MAGA. 

The statement from Mueller's office is not good news for Donald Trump.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

My money is on buzzfeed being way off.  Mueller does not break with his tight lipped protocol just to say the gist is right but some minor details are off.  Damn. 

I think it's just the opposite. I think they issued the statement because Buzzfeed got the big thing exactly right.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Rudy is thought to still have contacts at SDNY.  If SDNY is involved in this leak, I can see how corrupt actors could be attempting to corrupt Mueller’s work from within.  SCO commenting today deftly defines boundaries on sourcing.  The purpose was not to validate or in-validate.

I also suspect SCO has a keen interest in the sourcing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I think it's just the opposite. I think they issued the statement because Buzzfeed got the big thing exactly right.

I love it when Pete Dominic has Eric Segall on, and him describing Leopold as a "FOIA jihadist" and leaving no doubt as to the validity of this story puts me in this camp, amongst other circumstances.

26 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Agreed. Hopefully a wake up call for the rest of US media. 

The media tripping over their dicks in the effort to out-bombshell each other regarding Trump needs to stop.  Nothing matters until Mueller’s report drops.  It’s all just speculative hype until then.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I love it when Pete Dominic has Eric Segall on, and him describing Leopold as a "FOIA jihadist" and leaving no doubt as to the validity of this story puts me in this camp, amongst other circumstances.

Leopold's own Twitter bio refers to himself as a FOIA Terrorist. It's a joke. 

So Trump tweets that he's going to make a major announcement about the shutdown and senior officials say he won't declare an emergency. Reports say there have been no conversations with Dems. So what's left to announce? Given his history the major announcement will just be a rehash of every other speech. 

4 minutes ago, Goredho said:

The media tripping over their dicks in the effort to out-bombshell each other regarding Trump needs to stop.  Nothing matters until Mueller’s report drops.  It’s all just speculative hype until then.

Media needs to relentlessly seek the facts more than ever, especially since we’re not getting them from the government.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

The fact that they did not take issue with the major thrust of the story speaks volumes.

What speaks more volumes is that they felt the need to make any statement at all. Sorry, but that’s just true. 

Love ya, Hugo, but the media needs to really be sure before they publish this stuff. If we continuously get shotgunned with half truths and premature ejaculatory rapture, fatigue sets in.  After awhile, people tune it out as meaningless noise.  We need something official soon.  Something backed with evidence and testimony vs unnamed sources who choose to remain anonymous.   This may get me to your side on starting impeachment proceedings sooner rather than later.

6 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Love ya, Hugo, but the media needs to really be sure before they publish this stuff. If we continuously get shotgunned with half truths and premature ejaculatory rapture, fatigue sets in.  After awhile, people tune it out as meaningless noise.  We need something official soon.  Something backed with evidence and testimony vs unnamed sources who choose to remain anonymous.   This may get me to your side on starting impeachment proceedings sooner rather than later.

That premature rapture is exactly what the leakers in this Buzzfeed article were banking on.  Just like what happened with the Weiner laptop and HRC emails being found.  Incidentally, the rollout of that very October surprise culminating in GOP Rep. Chaffetz leaking Comey's letter to lawmakers is believed to have been coordinated through conduits at SDNY.  Rudy was plugged into said SDNY conduit and prematurely revealed his awareness of what was going to be hatched.  The timing of that frenzy was key as it did have its intended major impact  - before people realized it amounted to nothing new.

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Hey Donny, name one claim in the dossier that has been proven false. 

Oh, and did they get it right when they published the dossier? Was that the dossier? If so, regardless of the accuracy of the dossier, they got their reporting right. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

This is delusional thinking. There’s NOTHING positive about Mueller investigation having to come out and say any parts of the “bombshell” were false. Only reason to come out and say that is it’s egregious.

Literally, fake news. 

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

This is delusional thinking. There’s NOTHING positive about Mueller investigation having to come out and say any parts of the “bombshell” were false. Only reason to come out and say that is it’s egregious.

Literally, fake news. 

They didn't say the underlying story was wrong. That's glaring.