Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Just now, High Plains Drifter said:

There's gonna be so much piss on DOTARDS grave OSHA will require visitors to wear gas masks and rubber boots.

Don’t forget the shit.  I’m gonna find the nearest Pancho’s, raise  the flag 15 times, and, well, you get the idea.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

but the russia situation should scare the hell out of anyone who claims to love this country. 

You just described the impact of cold war media propaganda on your perception of Russia as a the bad guys, how that propaganda led you to draw erroneous conclusions regarding the murder of jews during WWII,  and then conclude that today if "the russia situation" does not scare the hell out of you, you don't love this country.

My opinion, if we love this country, we should spend more time thinking about our social and cultural decline and how that has created a vicious feedback loop interfacing our domestic politics.  We should ask ourselves how we got to the point where we created the fundamental divisions without our own society, and how a foreign entity was able to amplify those divisions via social media psychological manipulation to create political discord and hysteria. Russia did not create the fault lines in our society, we did that.  That those fault lines are susceptible to social media meme attacks because we are a nation of uncritical morons who bathe themselves in a manufactured reality and social networks that are literally tearing apart the social fabric of our nation is what should scare the hell out of you.  The reality is that the real attack on our democracy is from within.  Until we address the core internal issues, none of it will matter. If it's not Russia, it will be something else pushing those buttons, foreign or domestic in origin. Sure, punish Russia and make them feel it, but until we address the real core issues, a fundamentally broken political system and culture, nothing will really change. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You just described the impact of cold war media propaganda on your perception of Russia as a the bad guys, how that propaganda led you to draw erroneous conclusions regarding the murder of jews during WWII,  and then conclude that today if "the russia situation" does not scare the hell out of you, you don't love this country.

My opinion, if we love this country, we should spend more time thinking about our social and cultural decline and how that has created a vicious feedback loop interfacing our domestic politics.  We should ask ourselves how we got to the point where we created the fundamental divisions without our own society, and how a foreign entity was able to amplify those divisions via social media psychological manipulation to create political discord and hysteria. Russia did not create the fault lines in our society, we did that.  That those fault lines are susceptible to social media meme attacks because we are a nation of uncritical morons who bathe themselves in a manufactured reality and social networks that are literally tearing apart the social fabric of our nation is what should scare the hell out of you.  The reality is that the real attack on our democracy is from within.  Until we address the core internal issues, none of it will matter. If it's not Russia, it will be something else pushing those buttons, foreign or domestic in origin. Sure, punish Russia and make them feel it, but until we address the real core issues, a fundamentally broken political system and culture, nothing will really change. 

sure, cool, but also Russia fucked with us.  you can't just "both sides" this one to get us to ignore what Russia did.

Anastasia, Duck! There’s a secret court appointed FISA Warrant behind you!

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

sure, cool, but also Russia fucked with us.  you can't just "both sides" this one to get us to ignore what Russia did.

As I said in that post, and have stated previously.  We should exact appropriate punishment. We should harden our election systems against cyber attack. We should harden our social media.  We should take all of those steps. Nothing in my post suggests otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

get the entire fuck out of here with this bullshit.  yes, "cold war propaganda" definitely led to erroneous conclusions from an 8 year old brain.  that's not the "russia situation" i'm referring to.  but congratulations for missing the point with such precision, and completely ignoring all the other stuff i wrote.

The Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and systematic fashion.”

the above is a true statement that doesn't involve collusion or obstruction or anything to do with our president.  it was a conclusion based on 2 years of investigating.  the fact that this statement has led to trump calling for investigations of the fbi, the uk, australia, and all sorts of other non-russian countries, while still hoping to remain bff with putin is a fucking joke.  the fact that he hasn't gone on tv to address this is a fucking joke.  the fact that he has made next to no promises about the safety of the 2020 elections is a fucking joke.

and everything you wrote just now is a fucking bad joke.  russia isn't "what's wrong with america" right now, and i never claimed it was.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

As I said in that post, and have stated previously.  We should exact appropriate punishment. We should harden our election systems against cyber attack. We should harden our social media.  We should take all of those steps. Nothing in my post suggests otherwise.

who is "we" in your scenario?

you, me, and brisket?  how about the president leads the charge on this one?  oh, i just realized that he can't because of our "fundamentally broken culture." 

my bad.

I've got a couple of bottles of special bubbly and red on the bottom row of the wine cooler that I always think "when I am actually going to drink these". The day Trump dies I am opening all of them and getting hammered on the good stuff. I'll have a shit-eating grin on my face when I pass out that night. 

When he loses in 2020, dont crack open that bubbly until his sorry ass leaves the White House. It’ll be a shitshow, literally there will be shit in the White House.

It reminds me of when Greg Davis got fired, only to have Will Muschamp leave for Florida a few days later.

33 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Yes. It's being openly waged by the Republican party. But the real problem continues to be #bothsides obviously.

1 minute ago, Eskimohorn said:

When he loses in 2020, dont crack open that bubbly until his sorry ass leaves the White House. It’ll be a shitshow, literally there will be shit in the White House.

It reminds me of when Greg Davis got fired, only to have Will Muschamp leave for Florida a few days later.

Don't bring up 2010 Texas Football in the Trump thread. I can only handle so much. 

Just imagine being an educated, rational person and still supporting this guy.  Some of you don't have to imagine, I guess.

Garbage in. Garbage out. Lot of intelligent people support Trump for varying reasons. And their rationalizing skills are constantly put to the test.

21 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

who is "we" in your scenario?

you, me, and brisket?  how about the president leads the charge on this one?  oh, i just realized that he can't because of our "fundamentally broken culture." 

my bad.

I think that the specific "we" would vary based on the actions being discussed.  FEC, FCC, DHS, etc. Yes, some executive branch leadership would be required. The lack of which is largely unrelated to a broken culture, more so an individually damaged psyche.  

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

8 year old hg is making the same face he made when the corner got bent on his 84 donruss don mattingly rookie.

You were a spoiled little shit.  We had Topps Mattingly rookies and we liked it.  Maybe a Fleer for your birthday.

• Like 1

so this morning, trump says he didn't know about the tarp on the mccain, but he approves, because his people understand how he feels about mccain, so he supports the decision.

then, on cnn, they had a spokesperson from the navy, saying that was an old photo, and that there was no tarp on the ship, and that the sailors had been on leave for a few days, and it was unrelated.

takeaway - when given the chance to be anything but, trump still opts to be a petty little bitch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

so this morning, trump says he didn't know about the tarp on the mccain, but he approves, because his people understand how he feels about mccain, so he supports the decision.

then, on cnn, they had a spokesperson from the navy, saying that was an old photo, and that there was no tarp on the ship, and that the sailors had been on leave for a few days, and it was unrelated.

takeaway - when given the chance to be anything but, trump still opts to be a petty little bitch.

and this is news?  did you live in the US in 2016?  

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Massive heart attack can’t be far off.  I wanna buy him his next dozen big macs.  Die, you worthless son of a bitch.  

I cant wait to piss on your grave.  

Death now would be too good for him. Let him finish out this term so he can go home to NY where he will then be convicted of some sort of RICO/tax fraud/bank fraud crime and have to do the walk of shame and turn himself if for his prison sentence. Do you think they'll allow him to wear his toupee in the fancy prison?

28 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Do you think he'll take all the light fixtures with him? Like when a house is repossessed and the owners take everything that isn't part of the main structure. 

1 minute ago, sachick said:

Do you think he'll take all the light fixtures with him? Like when a house is repossessed and the owners take everything that isn't part of the main structure. 

Unless they are gold, not a chance.

5 minutes ago, sachick said:

Death now would be too good for him. Let him finish out this term so he can go home to NY where he will then be convicted of some sort of RICO/tax fraud/bank fraud crime and have to do the walk of shame and turn himself if for his prison sentence. Do you think they'll allow him to wear his toupee in the fancy prison?

he won't go to fancy prison.  he'll be on some sort of house arrest, be levied massive fines, go into (even more) extreme debt paying lawyers, and have a lot of his business interests ruined.  he will avoid serving time, but will likely fuck up his family's wealth for his kids and grandkids, who may end up having to (shudder) work for a living.

what i'm more interested in is the money he owes foreign entities.  what happens when you don't pay russians back?  he may prefer to be inside.

13 minutes ago, sachick said:

Okay, let me be a voice of dissent......my Trump-loathing bona fides are not in doubt, right?  I think he's not just the worst president ever, but perhaps one of the all time worst public figures in our national history.

That said....I am not terribly enthused about criminal prosecution of an ex-president, or a presidential candidate who just lost election/re-election.  While it may be 100% legally justified, he may indeed be a complete criminal....it smacks SO loudly of political retribution, and that's even more banana republic than we are already (although give it time -- Trump will get Barr to charge Hillary with something, thus breaking the seal on that concern of mine as well).

I think the "lock her up" chants are dangerous to a functioning democracy.  I feel the same way about "lock him up."

So, I'm torn.  He's a bad man, who's surely done some bad shit.  But I don't like political retribution using the power of the state justice apparatus.  "He jailed his former opponent" is shit you read about tinpot dictatorships, not the USA.  But then, "the President had engaged in numerous criminal conspiracies, frauds, etc. over the past 20 years" is ALSO not something you read here.  We're in dangerous uncharted waters.

• Like 3

We didn’t “divide ourselves,” certain entities like Fox News and rush radicalized a bunch gullible olds and outright morons for major profit. And it worked, profit wise anyway. 

Red state/blue state. Funny how you never heard those terms until good old Fox News came along. 

The republicans happily encouraged all of it because they are the party of nihilism that believes in nothing. The party of I’ve got mine and I want yours too. The party of Johnny sack. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

We didn’t “divide ourselves,” certain entities like Fox News and rush radicalized a bunch gullible olds and outright morons for major profit. And it worked, profit wise anyway. 

Red state/blue state. Funny how you never heard those terms until good old Fox News came along. 

The republicans happily encouraged all of it because they are the party of nihilism that believes in nothing. The party of I’ve got mine and I want yours too. The party of Johnny sack. 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

While we’re talking about graves to piss on, somebody find the teacher who taught cursive to Trump.

Spare the teacher.  They probably did their best and couldn't stop him from calling it squiggly lines class.  And when they'd try to explain to him that the lines actually had meaning that was far too long of requiring him to focus on something that wasn't about him.  By that point he noticed Timmy giving a couple of classmates a jolly rancher and he was making plans of showing up the next day with a giant gold bowl shaped like a swan full of jolly ranchers.  Ooooohhhh, that fucker Timmy would rue the day.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Fox News was launched late in 1996. I would suggest that we were already on that path.  Media reflects (and reinforces) the market forces. 

bg.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Fox News was launched late in 1996. I would suggest that we were already on that path.  Media reflects (and reinforces) the market forces. 

bg.jpg

While we were certainly on the way in 96 we weren’t there yet. Just imagine if Bush v gore from 2000 were to happen in 2020. 

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

In retrospect, when it came to electing a black man to be president....

giphy.gif

A lot of us believed what we wanted to -- that we'd progressed as a society, that we were beyond grunting masses responding to age-old dog whistles.

We were WAY fucking wrong.  I truly had no idea how badly electing a black man as president was going to fucking break the brains of half the people in the country, but it did.  And they ain't going anywhere.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

bg.jpg

We can thank Rush Limbaugh for creating the wedge in the early '90s, and Fox News took the ball and ran with it.  Couple that with Obama's election, and here we are.