Game 17: Texas at Kansas, 8 PM, ESPN

Machinator

Just now, gmr548 said:

Febres is a good player but he clearly panicked with the ball twice in crucial situations tonight and it cost Texas. That last shot and the one where he had a layup but pulled up an akward jumper.

What the fuck else was he supposed to do on the last possession? 2nd grade YMCA Girls teams can draw up a better play than Shaka did on that.  

I realize most of us, including myself, have been super negative about this team all year, but I’ve gotta say, I like every single guy on this team and really want them to win. It sucks that it’s so frustrating to watch them so often because of shit coaching, like that last play. We had 9 goddammed seconds to run a real play. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Great pic..... it's a Fuckup no doubt

Doesnt matter, the buck stops with Shaka, he clearly doesnt instill confidence in these guys is crunch time situations. Good coaches get players to execute properly. On an every game basis we are beating ourselves with poor discipline and mental errors. 100% on Shaka. Abject failure as a coach.

3 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

the guy who missed it is the only reason we were in the game to begin with. 

Not disputing that.  But those 2 points would've been nice there at the end.  Who knows what wouldve happened but every possession counts.   That play and the DO misses around the rim are the difference between winning and losing.  We seem to come up just a few of those plays short a lot.  

2 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Doesnt matter, the buck stops with Shaka, he clearly doesnt instill confidence in these guys is crunch time situations. Good coaches get players to execute properly. On an every game basis we are beating ourselves with poor discipline and mental errors. 100% on Shaka. Abject failure as a coach.

And Shaka will be fired and he’ll be hired by a team that ends up in the top 5. It’s the story of Texas coaches.

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Tough loss, but saw progress with this Texas basketball team tonight.

Find a way to bring that energy to future games and close out better..... got a formula to win a bunch more games in B12.... 🤘

The problem is that we don't do that.

The Texas team that shows up today easily wins 20 games. But that team shows up once every three or four games, at best.

• Like 1

Just now, Brandywine said:

And Shaka will be fired and he’ll be hired by a team that ends up in the top 5. It’s the story of Texas coaches.

Is it? Barnes was always a great recruiter and decent coach. The shock of being fired is probably what got him to re-evaluate his ways, he evolved, he became complacent here.

Shaka on the other hand, doesnt have it. He cant coach his way out of a paper bag. He might end up Top 5 in the Horizon Valley league if he is lucky. Dude is a fraud.

• Like 1

The Texas team that shows up today easily wins 20 games. But that team shows up once every three or four games, at best.

Yep. This team will look like crap one game, play average a few games and then look good for a game.

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Well Shaka is so stupid his offense is to shoot a bunch of 3s and get offensive rebounds and try and win like that. It is idiotic and if we ever got a real offense we could be decent... but that would require a coach with a brain

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

No doubt..... I'm just Shawshanking I guess

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan