The way too early 2019 LSU at Texas game discussion

4th and 5

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

LSU is one of those teams that is not nearly as good on road as home. 

True dat.

Aaaand: 

I really, really want MensaTom to put us in the Storm Troopers and make LSU wear those ugly-ass Mardi Gras leftovers. Their whites are their home unis, make 'em play in the purples.

32 minutes ago, RelaxedLonghorn said:

Literally? Didn't he go to jail for possession?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramonce has a... checkered past.

It's a VY quote, though (or close enough).

Young had turned in a particularly memorable performance at a Dec. 5 press conference, first lobbying for the Heisman, then announcing that should he fail to win it, he would be motivated to "show the world they made the wrong decision." Asked if he would be intimidated by USC, Young laughed, then replied, "Intimidated by what?" A moment later he noted that the Trojans "haven't seen the different guys on our team who are gangster."

Edited by ztejas

24 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Trolls and people who argue fantasy get down voted.  I have felt Texas should be a slight favorite since I first started to take a look at this game.  Betting lines are moving more and more in that direction.  Texas has a better DC even though LSU's is outstanding.  The offensive coaching is heavily in favor or Texas. 

LSU has slightly higher rated recruits but that did not translate into offensive production last year.  Their OL is particularly prone to being exploited by quick defensive penetration.  Every decent dual threat QB LSU faced last year left a mark on them.  I understand why anyone just reading the headlines would favor LSU.  When you look below the surface, Texas is a really bad matchup for the boys from Red Stick.

That’s completely false about dual threat QBs.   Nick Fitzgerald was completely owned.   Tua ran for 3.3 ypc last year.   UCF, lol.  Mond... do you want to compliment Aggie?  

• Fuck You 7

13 minutes ago, NotEricPrydz said:

That’s completely false about dual threat QBs.   Nick Fitzgerald was completely owned.   Tua ran for 3.3 ypc last year.   UCF, lol.  Mond... do you want to compliment Aggie?  

Feleipe Franks 7.0 ypc.

Fitzgerald 5.7 ypc (153 yards)

Tua 16.3 ypc

Mond was the one guy you mentioned who actually didn't have a great running game against LSU.

You're making up numbers.  And it's once again becoming apparent you're an A&M fan pretending to be an LSU fan.

Edited by fellside
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, NotEricPrydz said:

Was LSU winning 19-3 and only giving up just over 200 yards of total offense a made up number? 

3.3 ypc for Tua was.  Tua ran for 16.3 ypc and a TD against LSU last year.  You probably weren't watching because you were recovering from binge drinking after A&M's loss to Auburn.

• Like 1

Was LSU winning 19-3 and only giving up just over 200 yards of total offense a made up number? 

Here's a hint. Mississippi State sucks.

While you're busy over there moving your goal post over to the basketball court try to remember that the original point was that LSU has issues with dual threat QBs. 

1 minute ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Here's a hint. Mississippi State sucks.

While you're busy over there moving your goal post over to the basketball court try to remember that the original point was that LSU has issues with dual threat QBs. 

Miss St did suck.  Yet they owned K St.  Why did Tex barely beat them?   Couldn’t have been the Mensa coaching 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 20

Miss St did suck.  Yet they owned K St.  Why did Tex barely beat them?   Couldn’t have been the Mensa coaching 

Basing conclusions off of transitive results in college football mean less than 0 to me. Especially when you're talking conference opponents. Conference foes tend to know each other much better than non conference opponents and therefore often over perform against good teams as opposed to a non-conference foe. It's part of why the media's (here's looking at you Herbstreit) continued infatuation with Georgia's performances against Bama make me nauseous. No shit the guy who sucked at Saban's teat for a decade does well against him?!?! You don't say?!?! It still doesn't mean they deserve to be in the playoffs based solely off of playing Bama "close", but I digress.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NotEricPrydz said:

Fitzgerald is not a dual threat.  He's a single threat to run.  He's a TERRIBLE passer.  Even so, he ran for 7 YPC even though LSU was able to load the box against it.  It's going to be funny to watch Sam against 5-6 in the box instead of Fitzgerald vs 7-8.

I have no idea where you think Tua got 3.3 YPC.  He had 3 carries for 49 yds vs LSU.  If you don't have a calculator handy that's over 16 YPC, even including the one sack for 5 yds that properly belongs to the passing game.

UCF also didn't have a dual threat.  Maybe a worse passer than Fitzgerald and that's saying something.  He ran the ball 6 times into a loaded box for 45 yards.

We don't like aggy but that doesn't mean we lie about them.  Mond isn't that good as either a runner or passer but decent at both.  Decent runner had 16 carries for 80 yards and picked up 6-7 1st downs and a critical TD rushing.  That's giving up a lot to someone mediocre at both threats.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Fitzgerald is not a dual threat.  He's a single threat to run.  He's a TERRIBLE passer.  Even so, he ran for 7 YPC even though LSU was able to load the box against it.  It's going to be funny to watch Sam against 5-6 in the box instead of Fitzgerald vs 7-8.

I have no idea where you think Tua got 3.3 YPC.  He had 3 carries for 49 yds vs LSU.  If you don't have a calculator handy that's over 16 YPC, even including the one sack for 5 yds that properly belongs to the passing game.

UCF also didn't have a dual threat.  Maybe a worse passer than Fitzgerald and that's saying something.  He ran the ball 6 times into a loaded box for 45 yards.

We don't like aggy but that doesn't mean we lie about them.  Mond isn't that good as either a runner or passer but decent at both.  Decent runner had 16 carries for 80 yards and picked up 6-7 1st downs and a critical TD rushing.  That's giving up a lot to someone mediocre at both threats.

Tua had one broken play for 44 yards then did nothing.    His 2018 ypc was 3.3 according to espn.    What other dual threat QBs did LSU lose to last year?  

• Fuck You 6

51 minutes ago, fellside said:

Feleipe Franks 7.0 ypc.

Fitzgerald 5.7 ypc (153 yards)

Tua 16.3 ypc

Mond was the one guy you mentioned who actually didn't have a great running game against LSU.

You're making up numbers.  And it's once again becoming apparent you're an A&M fan pretending to be an LSU fan.

Aggie are the absolute worst.    They have no business being in the SEC, and have developed a homoerotic relationship with Bama.    

The original point of my first post was to ask why are you being so arrogant, and potentially setting yourself up for yet another season of disappointment, against a worthy opponent.  

• Fuck You 4

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

Trolls and people who argue fantasy get down voted.  I have felt Texas should be a slight favorite since I first started to take a look at this game.  Betting lines are moving more and more in that direction.  Texas has a better DC even though LSU's is outstanding.  The offensive coaching is heavily in favor or Texas. 

LSU has slightly higher rated recruits but that did not translate into offensive production last year.  Their OL is particularly prone to being exploited by quick defensive penetration.  Every decent dual threat QB LSU faced last year left a mark on them.  I understand why anyone just reading the headlines would favor LSU.  When you look below the surface, Texas is a really bad matchup for the boys from Red Stick.

Nail...meet hammer, his name is sushihorn...

9 minutes ago, NotEricPrydz said:

Aggie are the absolute worst.    They have no business being in the SEC, and have developed a homoerotic relationship with Bama.    

The original point of my first post was to ask why are you being so arrogant, and potentially setting yourself up for yet another season of disappointment, against a worthy opponent.  

I don't know who's going to win the game.  It's part of why I don't spend my time posting on LSU message boards and shitting on their team. 

I think the talent is close and I expect a good game.  As does pretty much everyone here.  You didn't come here to make that point though, as evidenced by the K State post. Piss off.

3 minutes ago, fellside said:

I don't know who's going to win the game.  It's part of why I don't spend my time posting on LSU message boards and shitting on their team. 

I think the talent is close and I expect a good game.  As does pretty much everyone here.  You didn't come here to make that point though, as evidenced by the K State post. Piss off.

Really?   Because the previous 20 pages I read was everyone saying UT will outscheme and win by 21-28.   The only person saying pump the brakes was nearly downvoted to ban status.  

• Fuck You 5

2 hours ago, NotEricPrydz said:

How can you objectively say TO is better than DA?   LSU gave up 21.7 per game last year vs 25.85 for Orlando.   Aranda also coached the Butkus award winner.  

How many times did Aranda face the obvious #1 offense in the country?  Orlando did it twice.  He also faced #8, #10, #12, #22 in conference.  And unlike the SEC stats there was very little padding from FCS and much less from lower tier G5 opponents.  Get rid of that fat from crappy OOC scheduling and a lot of the SECx3 mythology dies.

Aranda also had the luxury of facing a bunch of poor and one dimensional offenses in conference.  I think only KU and maybe KSU meet that description in the Big XII.

Edited by sushihorn
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

How many times did Aranda face the obvious #1 offense in the country?  Orlando did it twice.  He also faced #8, #10, #12, #22 in conference.  And unlike the SEC stats there was very little padding from FCS and much less from lower tier G5 opponents.  Get rid of that fat from crappy OOC scheduling and a lot of the SECx3 mythology dies.

Aranda also had the luxury of facing a bunch of poor and one dimensional offenses in conference.  I think only KU and maybe KSU meet that description in the Big XII.

Once.  Against Alabama.    Only Clemson and Ms St did better.   

Give it a rest with the SECx3 OOC crap.  LSU is playing UT and #21 11-2 Ut St this year.  

• Fuck You 11

5 minutes ago, NotEricPrydz said:

Give it a rest with the SECx3 OOC crap.  LSU is playing UT and #21 11-2 Ut St this year.  

Why would I give the truth a rest?  Because it hurts your sandy vag?  LSU faced the top offense ZERO times.  They did get #6 once.  That was comparable to the 3rd toughest game the TEXAS defense faced.  You're entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.  If you want to stick around here, learn to separate fact from mythology.

The 2018 stats you seem proud of were accumulated against Rice, SE Louisiana, LA Tech and (7-6 against a pathetically soft schedule) Miami.  LSU plays a tougher schedule this year but we have no stats for 2019 yet.  They will get credit if they produce against that harder slate.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, NotEricPrydz said:

Oh no!! Utah State?!? You mean that non-P5 school who lost their head coach to TTU?!?!? I'd be shaking in my boots too.

Edited by Mason Ramsey

LSU at Texas most in demand ticket for College Football 2019      Posted on 8/14/19 
quote:
#1 LSU at Texas on Sept. 7 
#2 Notre Dame at Georgia on Sept. 21 
#3 Florida vs. Miami on Aug. 24 
#4 Auburn vs. Oregon on Aug. 31 
#5 Michigan at Penn State on Oct. 19 
#6 Notre Dame at Michigan on Oct. 26 
#7 Oklahoma vs. Texas on Oct. 12 
#8 Texas A&M at Clemson on Sept. 7 
#9 Nebraska at Colorado on Sept. 7 
#10 LSU at Alabama on Nov. 9

18 hours ago, NotEricPrydz said:

Mensa coaching just 100% outed you as aggy. Probably the same dipshit aggy that was fake posting as a Longhorn fan.

Just post as yourself and talk shit, why all the stupid trickery?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I missed my bro’s 30th bday for that OSU game at home. Amazing game. No regrets. His then-wife wasn’t happy I missed the party, but my bro didn’t care of course. 

Anyone that gets bent out of shape on behalf of someone else-- when that person is totally cool with it-- is just looking to create drama.  'Bout right?  Especially for a birthday party for a grown-ass man.  Good Lord.

19 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Don’t make a fat joke. 

Don’t make a fat joke.

Dont make a fat joke.

Did the injury report say obesity and diabetus: probable?

But seriously, whatever it is, hope he recovers quickly so he doesn’t lose his spot as starting punt returner.

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/13/2019 at 6:07 PM, GoLonghornNation said:

Lol honestly though. You guys are fucked in week 2. 

Texas is back alright. Right back in the losing to Maryland with an interim coach mode. 

Do you know how fucking hilarious it is watching you beat your chests at that Georgia win ? Like. The same team got shit on by the tigers by 20. You won by 7. And even if transitive property doesntwork here, let me tell you what does. 

You return the least amount of starters in the FBS and LSU is among those that returned a metric fuckton. 

It will be fun watching your team get smeared and then bumble around looking for excuses. "Uhhh we are still back though LSU got lucky." Then herman can kiss his boys goodnight after you guys lunch mob him with your hyperunrealistic expectations. You beat one SEC team and go off the rails when its supposedly an overrated conference. Lol.

Have fun Shorthorns.

Holy shit, watching this dude out himself as a full troll after literally the slightest pushback... what a ride.

• Like 2

I can’t speak much for Texas because I don’t follow y’all that much. I know y’all have a legit QB and an all around really good team that will get better as the season progresses. I honestly think y’all can win your conference. But I also know that y’all lost 8 starters on defense and believe that the talent replacing them will overcome the experience lost. I get that and it’s a good point, and that’s why y'all will get better as the year goes on. On this board I know my opinion doesn’t matter but I feel like this is going to be an issue for y’all in the second game of the season. But honestly I don’t think that’s gonna be why LSU wins. This year LSU is gonna field it’s best defense since 2011.First off LSU is strong, deep, and experience across the line of scrimmage. Not to mention having who’s gonna be the best edge rusher in the country and future 1 round pick Chaisson. Linebacker (DA specialty) is stacked with Divinty, Queen, and Phillips. Hard to believe after losing Devin White that group would be better this year but as a unit they will be. On the back end you have Fulton (Also likely 1 or 2 round pick) along with the highest rated cornerback (Stingley) out of high school last year. I’m not trying to blow smoke but analysts believe if he was eligible he would go first round this year. And then you have Delpit and Stevens. Stevens former 5 star prospect who did really well last year is the person I think will make the biggest jump from last year to this year. Huge, fast, athletic. Now Delpit=best safety in the country. There is no argument so don’t even try. No doubt 1 round pick this year. I’m not saying LSU will win or that the game won’t be close. Based on this defense alone, if LSU with the new offense (which I really think will thrive as the year goes on) has any kind of heart beat. I don’t think Texas could overcome it. It’s going to be a great game. Good luck to y’all. Geaux Tigers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bou_10 said:

I can’t speak much for Texas because I don’t follow y’all that much. I know y’all have a legit QB and an all around really good team that will get better as the season progresses. I honestly think y’all can win your conference. But I also know that y’all lost 8 starters on defense and believe that the talent replacing them will overcome the experience lost. I get that and it’s a good point, and that’s why y'all will get better as the year goes on. On this board I know my opinion doesn’t matter but I feel like this is going to be an issue for y’all in the second game of the season. But honestly I don’t think that’s gonna be why LSU wins. This year LSU is gonna field it’s best defense since 2011.First off LSU is strong, deep, and experience across the line of scrimmage. Not to mention having who’s gonna be the best edge rusher in the country and future 1 round pick Chaisson. Linebacker (DA specialty) is stacked with Divinty, Queen, and Phillips. Hard to believe after losing Devin White that group would be better this year but as a unit they will be. On the back end you have Fulton (Also likely 1 or 2 round pick) along with the highest rated cornerback (Stingley) out of high school last year. I’m not trying to blow smoke but analysts believe if he was eligible he would go first round this year. And then you have Delpit and Stevens. Stevens former 5 star prospect who did really well last year is the person I think will make the biggest jump from last year to this year. Huge, fast, athletic. Now Delpit=best safety in the country. There is no argument so don’t even try. No doubt 1 round pick this year. I’m not saying LSU will win or that the game won’t be close. Based on this defense alone, if LSU with the new offense (which I really think will thrive as the year goes on) has any kind of heart beat. I don’t think Texas could overcome it. It’s going to be a great game. Good luck to y’all. Geaux Tigers

We lost 7 and a Hager. So really only 7.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bou_10 said:

OK, cool. Hook ‘em

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bou_10 said:

Good question hahaha yea that was pretty bad. I got one for you, if Texas is back then what’s up with the L from Maryland? 

LMAO, first game of the season after a rebuilding year vs you and your great 1st round NFL defense giving up 100 points to aggie in the last game. 

40 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Wow, with those 10 future first round picks on defense, it sounds like UT has no chance. 

Nah man I really thinks it’s gonna be a good game. Outside of LSU I pull for Texas. I really like y’all QB, dude is legit. Y’all gonna give a lot of people trouble in the next couple years

Edited by Bou_10
  • Like 1