The way too early 2019 LSU at Texas game discussion

4th and 5

Literally every Texas fan thinks the team will be better this year. It was a senior class full of limited (whether athletically or between the ears) guys trying their best, the young talented guys have been rotated in plenty and looked good, and we've finally had competent coaching with year-on-year improvement for the first time in eons.

Nah we will be worse. It was all luck, lack of motivation, and officiating bribes that allowed Texas to get 10 wins last year.

22 minutes ago, 167back said:

As for strength of schedule in '17 horns played five top 20 teams. In '18 they played  five top 20 teams. Their record was 4-6. Biggest win was #6 uga  in sugar bowl. Horns have two wins VS top 10. In '17 lsu played four top 20 teams .  In '18 they played seven top 20 teams. Their record was 7-4. Biggest win was vs #2 uga.  Tigers had five wins vs top 10 teams. LSU has played more ranked opponents. They have beaten more top 20 and have more wins vs top 10 than horns have vs top 20.

Comparing top 10/top 20 wins is misleading early in the season. Or with any SEC team. LSU beat #8 Miami in week 1. The same Miami that went 7-6 and kinda sucked. They had no business being ranked in the top 10. Auburn was ranked #7 when they played LSU, but went 8-5 including a win over Washington and a loss to Tennessee. They weren't terrible, but they weren't great either. LSU played three good teams - Alabama, Georgia, and Florida - and won one. (I don't count UCF because their best win was against Cincinnati, the only ranked team they played.) Texas played two good teams (Oklahoma twice and Georgia) and won two. LSU had more "top 10" wins, but I'd argue that Texas had better quality wins.  

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Literally every Texas fan thinks the team will be better this year. It was a senior class full of limited (whether athletically or between the ears) guys trying their best, the young talented guys have been rotated in plenty and looked good, and we've finally had competent coaching with year-on-year improvement for the first time in eons.

rotated in plenty and looked good??? you sure that's what you meant to type??

all those guys on DL might have rotated in plenty but, if that's the case they surely didn't produce while they were on the field . I'm sure you're familiar with the numbers but I will post them anyway. This is strictly Dline' 

DL - starters lost -3 - total tackles 115 - sacks 12

projected two deep on Dline

8 starts combined (5-2-1 three players) - total tackles 48 - sacks 0.5 

horns lose seven of top ten tacklers. lose  top three in sacks. lose seven of top nine in TFL 

and horn fans think the new guys will beat the numbers from the '18 team. Well lets all hope that happens after sept 7th.  

• Fuck You 7

2 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Comparing top 10/top 20 wins is misleading early in the season. Or with any SEC team. LSU beat #8 Miami in week 1. The same Miami that went 7-6 and kinda sucked. They had no business being ranked in the top 10. Auburn was ranked #7 when they played LSU, but went 8-5 including a win over Washington and a loss to Tennessee. They weren't terrible, but they weren't great either. LSU played three good teams - Alabama, Georgia, and Florida - and won one. (I don't count UCF because their best win was against Cincinnati, the only ranked team they played.) Texas played two good teams (Oklahoma twice and Georgia) and won two. LSU had more "top 10" wins, but I'd argue that Texas had better quality wins.  

Texas' best win was over OU who went to the CFP.  The second best win was over UGa.

LSU's best win was = Texas' second best.  LSU's 2nd best win was Auburn who had a LOSING RECORD against P5 in the regular season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 167back said:

You actually believe this UT longhorn team will be better this year?? You're basing that on potential more than returning production. You are really putting a lot of faith in first and second year players. 

After 2008, Texas lost 6 starters on defense.  Brian Orakpo (1st round pick),  Roy Miller (3rd round pick), Henry Melton (4th round pick), Rashard Bobino, Ryan Palmer (3 INT's) and Jared Norton (injury).

Yet the 2009 team held opponents to nearly 100 fewer yards per game.  Texas went on to an undefeated regular season and a spot in the championship game for two reasons:  They brought back an amazing college QB and the "inexperienced" underclassmen on defense actually better than the guys who left.

Texas fans are confident for those same two reasons:  For the first time since 2009 they have one of the best QBs in the nation returning and the "inexperienced" underclassmen are at that 2009 level of talent.

I have no doubt you expect your 2019 running back position to be better than 2018 even though you lost your best running back. It's college football.  Don't be so obtuse.  This is how it works.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, fellside said:

After 2008, Texas lost 6 starters on defense.  Brian Orakpo (1st round pick),  Roy Miller (3rd round pick), Henry Melton (4th round pick), Rashard Bobino, Ryan Palmer (3 INT's) and Jared Norton (injury).

Yet the 2009 team held opponents to nearly 100 fewer yards per game.  Texas went on to an undefeated regular season and a spot in the championship game for two reasons:  They brought back an amazing college QB and the "inexperienced" underclassmen on defense actually better than the guys who left.

Texas fans are confident for those same two reasons:  For the first time since 2009 they have one of the best QBs in the nation returning and the "inexperienced" underclassmen are at that 2009 level of talent.

I have no doubt you expect your 2019 running back position to be better than 2018 even though you lost your best running back. It's college football.  Don't be so obtuse.  This is how it works.

That's especially how it works when a team has back to back recruiting classes ranked #3 nationally.  Even more so when they are replacing significantly lower rated recruiting classes which were decimated by the coaching change.

6 minutes ago, fellside said:

Six is still less than eight.  Those new starters on that '09 defense how many were they Srs and Jrs?

You seem like you're an intelligent man. One is not like the other.

45-7 VS  27-24  Which one do you think is capable of replacing over half the starters on one side the ball?

here are some more numbers #4 - #10 - #13 - #1 VS #9

RB is a singular position. Nothing like having to replace eight starters on one side of the ball.

• Fuck You 5

10 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

That's especially how it works when a team has back to back recruiting classes ranked #3 nationally.  Even more so when they are replacing significantly lower rated recruiting classes which were decimated by the coaching change.

Question for you. That 5* from out west end up at UT or SC. If he's stayed out west that #3 class really isn't #3 now is it? Numbers being so tight in top 5 classes pretty sure horns would have dropped a couple of spots. At least below LSU for sure. What you think?

Can't speak for the big XII but, there are at least five SEC teams that recruit to that level on a yearly basis. Honestly classes ranked in top 7 usually are not that different talent wise.

• Fuck You 3

5 minutes ago, 167back said:

Six is still less than eight.  Those new starters on that '09 defense how many were they Srs and Jrs?

45-7 VS  27-24  Which one do you think is capable of replacing over half the starters on one side the ball?

RB is a singular position. Nothing like having to replace eight starters on one side of the ball.

6 is not 8. That's true.

It's also true that losing a 5th and 7th round NFL draft pick is not the same as losing a 1st, 3rd and 4th.

Hell in 2018 Texas lost Malik Jefferson, Deshaun Elliott and Hilton Hill.  Far superior talent to what we lose in 2019. And Texas was able to replace them and win 3 more games.  

Teams replace talent. Teams with elite recruits replace talent more easily than those without them.  I think you know this but you've chosen to make this ridiculous argument anyway.

8 minutes ago, fellside said:

6 is not 8. That's true.

It's also true that losing a 5th and 7th round NFL draft pick is not the same as losing a 1st, 3rd and 4th.

Hell in 2018 Texas lost Malik Jefferson, Deshaun Elliott and Hilton Hill.  Far superior talent to what we lose in 2019. And Texas was able to replace them and win 3 more games.  

Teams replace talent. Teams with elite recruits replace talent more easily than those without them.  I think you know this but you've chosen to make this ridiculous argument anyway.

Did you figure out my reference to those numbers? 45-7 was UT's record from '05 to '08. 27-24 was UT's record from '15 to '18'. Now you tell me what team would be in a better position to replace over half the starters on one side of the ball? A team that had been recruiting lights out for at least seven/eight years or a team that had two solid classes it's last two. A team that finished ranked all four years, three times top 10 and one of which won it all. Or a team that finished ranked ONCE?

You can pretty much book it that '09 team was inserting HIGHLY recruited Jrs and Srs into the new starting roles. Grown ass men. They weren't banking on first and second year players would step up.

• Fuck You 4

2 hours ago, 167back said:

I get the hatred for BYU. You're not over that butt whipping they put on you a few years back. Just because they are an independent doesn't mean the are not on par with at least half the P5 schools. Over the past five years these are some of BYU's victims texas, virginia, cal, nebraska. #20 boise st ( do you consider P5 quality?), cincy (2x), Arizona (2x), mich st, miss st, #20 utah and #6 wisconsin. Badgers were last year. Horns haven't beat anyone ranked higher under Hermann's coaching.  These are some schools the cougars played within one score over same time frame # 10 ucla (2x), #18 Utah (2x), wv, #14 boise, and cal.

With the big xxi playing nine conference games all that does is make sure Hermann gets to play kansas,  baylor and texas tech every year.

As for strength of schedule in '17 horns played five top 20 teams. In '18 they played  five top 20 teams. Their record was 4-6. Biggest win was #6 uga  in sugar bowl. Horns have two wins VS top 10. In '17 lsu played four top 20 teams .  In '18 they played seven top 20 teams. Their record was 7-4. Biggest win was vs #2 uga.  Tigers had five wins vs top 10 teams. LSU has played more ranked opponents. They have beaten more top 20 and have more wins vs top 10 than horns have vs top 20.

LSU goes from 8 to 9 to 10 wins and that's flat. OK. 

As for the upperclassmen I counted 21 for the horns on the two deep I saw. They lost 17 lettermen. Granted not all 17 were in the two deep but I can't see how the number of upperclassmen is that much higher in '19 than it was in '18. You know your roster better than me though.

In contrast LSU has 30 upperclassmen on two deep. Tigers return 17 players on "O" that played some serious minutes. On defense it was 17 also. That's a lot of returning experience the horns have to overcome. So 16 returning starters from the #6 team in the country. Thirty upperclassmen in the two deep. Thirty four players with significant minutes last season and 48 lettermen returning is a weak ass argument. 

You actually believe this UT longhorn team will be better this year?? You're basing that on potential more than returning production. You are really putting a lot of faith in first and second year players. 

Lol. This reads like you came straight from TexAgs, which I assume is the case. Otherwise, well, let's just say you're not making LSU fans look like a bright bunch.

Sick burn referencing a game from 2014. As if anyone was still on the roster or coaching staff from that team. You sure got me there. Like I said, if you want to count a non-conference win over a four-win BYU team, count the loss to 11-win, SunBelt champ, and P5-caliber Troy. That just further weakens your "winning percentage" argument. Be my guest there.

SEC poll inflation aside, counting the team's ranking at the time is incredibly disingenuous, and you know that. At least you do if you aren't aggy. In 2017, LSU went 1-3 against teams that finished ranked in the final AP poll. Sorry, the win against 4-8 Florida doesn't count. In 2018, LSU went 2-3 against teams ranked in the final AP poll. 3-6 over two years. A very flawed 2017 Texas team went 0-4 and 2018 Texas went 2-2. 2-6 overall. Iowa State was also just barely dropped from the final AP poll after a close loss to an 11-win Wazzu club in bowl play, but hey, fair's fair. 3-6 > 2-6. Your ranked teams argument comes down to one extra game and Iowa State getting nudged out of the polls, even with the advantage of including a meddling 2017 Texas team. Texas, uh, also never got shut the fuck out at home with game day in town in any of these games. SuCh a SuPeRiOr ScHeDuLe SeCsEcSeC!1!1!1 

Texas got Baylor, Tech, and Kansas. LSU got to play Arkansas, Ole Miss, Rice, and SELA. Calling out the cupcakes on other schedules is probably not a wise business for an aggy, err, I mean LSU fan to get into.

Your response on the progress comment either further strengthens the case for you being aggy, because surely no LSU fan would be so dumb as to not know their own schedule?

2015: 9-3 with Les, with a cupcake game cancelled bc of weather, 10-3 in normal circumstances.

2016: Chaos year, 8-4 with a  cupcake game cancelled because of a hurricane, 9-4 in normal circumstances. 

2017: 9-4 with Ed. 

2018: 10-3 with Ed. 

10-3, 9-4, 9-4, 10-3. That is the definition of a flat trend line. Now, nine to ten wins is not a bad place to have a flat trend line. Texas hasn't accomplished that in a decade. But it absolutely is and if you really don't understand that, then the federal government needs to take over education in aggyland, err, the state of Louisiana.

Texas on the other hand, has 5-7, 5-7, 7-6, and 10-4. In two years the new staff has doubled the win total. That is a rising trend line, and assuming they still teach aggy, err, tigers to count, that doesn't really need to be explained further.

Which leads me to my last point about upperclassmen, which had nothing to do with LSU. I'm sure LSU does have upperclassman leadership returning. Most teams that are winning 9-10 games annually do. My point is that it has been since 2014 at best that Texas has had upperclassman leadership that had experienced and contributed to a modicum of success. Texas now has a group of juniors and senors that have put in the work to double the win total over two years. Up until this year, Texas lacked veteran leadership that really knew how to win, and it was a disadvantage when going up against a team like LSU, Oklahoma, etc. Having that is no small thing. 

And yes, I do believe this Texas team will be better than last year, in no small part because of what I just outlined. Also, to be frank, 2018 Texas overachieved a bit. I expect 2019 Texas to win nine or ten regular season games, in line with the 2018 version, but I expect it to look a lot different in doing so. Leadership is better, talent is better, and while there will be some young guys with a lot of responsibilities on defense, trusting a sophomore to step up is a lot different than trusting a freshman. Texas isn't going to be asking a whole lot from its freshman class outside of the offensive skill positions. Winning football teams are built up the middle. OL is anchored by veterans. Nearly the entire two-deep at DL are veterans. QB is a veteran. LB has veteran leadership. Safeties are veterans. WRs have a mix of accomplsihed vets and talented young guys. CBs and RBs are really the only position with a glaring youth issue. RB is the easiest position for young talent to acclamate and shine through, and Ingram, though a sophomore, is a proven playmaker. While the youth of the CBs will show its head in conference play, LSU will not present anything they should fear from a schematic or a talent standpoint after what that group has seen in B12 play last year and in camp against this team's own group.

Now please, go back to TexAgs, err, TigerDroppings.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 167back said:

Did you figure out my reference to those numbers? 45-7 was UT's record from '05 to '08. 27-24 was UT's record from '15 to '18'. Now you tell me what team would be in a better position to replace over half the starters on one side of the ball? A team that had been recruiting lights out for at least seven/eight years or a team that had two solid classes it's last two. A team that finished ranked all four years, three times top 10 and one of which won it all. Or a team that finished ranked ONCE?

You can pretty much book it that '09 team was inserting HIGHLY recruited Jrs and Srs into the new starting roles. Grown ass men. They weren't banking on first and second year players would step up.

I'm not entirely sure how Texas' record from 2007 impacted how Lamar Houston, Sergio Kindle, Aaron Williams, and Keenan Robinson played in 2009. Considering none of them played then.

It's a dumb argument.  And Earl was a sophomore.  Aaron Williams was a sophomore. Keenan Robinson was a sophomore. Emmanuel Acho was a sophomore.

You're arguing like someone who looks at returning starters, knows nothing about the actual players, but expresses your take as exact science.

Klavon Chaisson has played in fewer career games than Sterns or Bj Foster.  But I guarantee you aren't worried about him or considering him a negative to your defense.

It's disengenuous rhetoric.

46 minutes ago, 167back said:

You talk like the 2018 class is the only place to pull talent from. Texas past four recruiting classes are, per 247, #7, 25, 3, and 9 (I think - Bru McCoy is still there for 2019 and it's listed at 3, think it was 9 before he committed. It was definitely top 10). LSU has 2, 7, 15, and 5. So basically, we're talking about both teams being built out with three top 10 classes and a transition class. Comparable at face value.

I don't know much about LSU's roster management but I am willing to bet it hasn't dealt with the attrition/freak injury bullshit that Texas has. And obviously there is the whole LSU bribing Mike WIlliams thing. So while it's reasonable to say LSU probably has a slightly higher overall talent level, talking like the talent at Texas isn't close is wrong, and it is certainly close enough that home field and the coaching advantages that favor Texas can overcome.

7 hours ago, 167back said:

This hurts me more than it hurts you, but I have neg you back to the swamp you crawled out of.

On second thought, it's pretty clear you're aggie, which is kinda swappy as well. 

10 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

the negging thing in this context is trite...you out yourself as a oversensitive twat when you do that.

god forbid an opponent think they’re going to win...how fucking dare they stand up for their team.

Nah, he/she clearly outed themselves as aggie pretending to be swamp aggie. Justice was served. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

the negging thing in this context is trite...you out yourself as a oversensitive twat when you do that.

god forbid an opponent think they’re going to win...how fucking dare they stand up for their team.

Back when I was in grad school a few of us had a discussion about who would win in fight, Bruce Lee or pre-prison Mike Tyson. The undergrad suggested Bruce. So he did some research and came back with a measurement of punching speed. He did not have Tyson’s, but he did find a value for Bruce. Unfortunately for the undergrad he quoted a figure which when worked out broke the sound barrier. Naturally, we would heckle him with a ‘sonic boom’ (from the video game street fighter) a little for the rest of the semester.

Point is, it is ok to have a different opinion. But don’t pretend to know shit one does not, manipulate stats, or make unsubstantiated claims. Congrats on embracing your conferences inner aggyness.

We have all heard about the mighty secsecsec and how they don’t lose games, they just run out of motivation.

19 minutes ago, Sock Drawer said:

Question: If this infantile cocksucker is banned, how is it that he keeps posting?

Because his avatar brings value to the board. Oh, you mean the dipshit aggy dressed in tiger clothing, I'm not sure.

2 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

It's pretty clear he was either not an LSU fan or perhaps just a complete waste of oxygen.  He tried to claim that 1 extra win in 2017- 2018 vs 2015-2016 was a sign of how great Coach O really is.  First I doubt a real LSU fan would have forgotten that scheduled automatic wins were cancelled in the earlier years: S. Alabama and McNeese State.  Second real LSU fans rarely claim greatness for Coach O.  The smart ones talk about Aranda the DC.  The hopeful ones speak of the new passing game coordinator Joe Brady.  Either way, informed LSU fans look for Orgeron to entertain them and hope he doesn't screw up.

Edited by sushihorn

5 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

It's pretty clear he was either not and LSU fan or perhaps just a complete waste of oxygen.  He tried to claim that 1 extra win in 2017- 2018 vs 2015-2016 was a sign of how great Coach O really is.  First I doubt a real LSU fan would have forgotten that scheduled automatic wins were cancelled in the earlier years: S. Alabama and McNeese State.  Second real LSU fans rarely claim greatness for Coach O.  The smart ones talk about Aranda the DC.  The hopeful ones speak of the new passing game coordinator Joe Brady.  Either way, informed LSU fans look for Orgeron to entertain them and hope he doesn't screw up.

Bringing up Bru is what also did it for me. No one outside of USC or aggie gives 2 shits about that. 

but you're not playing the SEC...you're playing LSU.

Indistinguishable at times.

LSU is a very good program with excellent players and many go on to the NFL with success. Over the past decade LSU has been better than Texas as we have floundered with coaches and players. Herman has helped turn this around and is getting Texas back to where it needs to be, and the players appear to have bought in. LSU from an outsiders perspective is still about the same. Not yet back to NC caliber, but not as far off as Texas was.

No one predicted Texas going to the Sugar Bowl last year, especially after the first game. Few know how LSU will look this year and what to expect from the new offense.

There is my measured, and banal overview of the two programs.

Plenty of issues for both teams. I have drunk the orange kool-aid a little and think Texas will be fine. I am not worried about the defense of Texas.

5 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Normally I'd agree but I have to say this one was pretty clearly here to troll, and was probably aggy at that.

Here is what I will say for LSU fans coming to game:

1) On a game by game basis LSU's fans are probably louder. For big games - recent examples being ND & USC - DKR gets loud - especially at night. The stadium will be louder than LSU fans may expect.

2) Texas is not a run and shoot, dainty offense. It is a wear you down, and punish you offense. Much is made about SEC being so physical and tough and the Big 12 not being so. Herman has built a lunch pail program at Texas. The Longhorns will be hitting the Tigers in the mouth.

3) Texas has more team speed than it has had in recent memory (shit call it last 10 odd years). LSU also has athletes - point is the Tigers aren't just going to out athlete Texas, there will be some hard fought battles.

4) The "# of returning starters on defense" piece is being overblown. In nearly every case the person taking over had plenty of minutes last season and is now another year in the program. There isn't going to be a significant drop here. This stat is being over played.

I am looking forward to this game. It will be a good one. I just recommend that any Tiger fan puts on some tape from Texas games last year and looks at how physical Texas plays. Just assuming a win because LSU is an SEC team is weak thinking. I would be worried if I were a Tiger fan at the camp issues/loss of players in camp etc. Feeling like the embers of a fire within the program getting ready to light up.

tl:dr Fuck LSU - Texas wins

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Here is what I will say for LSU fans coming to game:

1) On a game by game basis LSU's fans are probably louder. For big games - recent examples being ND & USC - DKR gets loud - especially at night. The stadium will be louder than LSU fans may expect.

This point is true. Texas fans are generally tame, but DKR gets up for the big games. I expect the atmosphere at DKR to be as raucous as a Texas crowd has been in a long time. The excitement and buzz around the program is palpable right now. Game Day will be around. All day to tailgate. I am the first one to knock Texas fans for being lame at home games but I fully expect this game to be a step up from even the recent USC/ND games.

I think the Notre Dame game was on another level from USC, in terms of crowd noise.

Yeah, honestly, thinking about it in hindsight that's true. If I think of the loudest individual moments I can remember in DKR, all but one are at that game. Probably more accurate to say I'd expect LSU to match or just slightly exceed that than to definitively go above.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Yeah, honestly, thinking about it in hindsight that's true. If I think of the loudest individual moments I can remember in DKR, all but one are at that game. Probably more accurate to say I'd expect LSU to match or just slightly exceed that than to definitively go above.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I wasn’t at ND, but Texas fight during the 4th quarter against Geno Smith WVU in DKR is the loudest I remember in a long time.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 167back said:

I will just say that I am fully confident in the fact that these “replacements” will control whatever shitty offense that your team puts out there.  If you don’t get sent to Bolivia, will you be here the week after the Longhorns give the Tigers their first loss?  Your defense better bring their best game, because LSU won’t score as many points as you think.

10 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Nothing will beat 1990 UH. Now get off my lawn whippersnappers.

Fo sho;  UH 1990 was the most consistently loud game I’ve attended at DKR.  Loudest single plays:

1. Ricky breaks all-time rushing record in 1998

2. Mark  Berry brings down Darren Lewis on 2 pt conversion vs aggy in 1990

3. Phil Dawson kicks game winning 50 yarder into the teeth of Katrina-like wind in 1995

4.  Butch Hadnot trucks 4-5 Cougar High ‘defenders’ on the east sideline in 1990

5.  First play from scrimmage (defensively) vs Mizzou in 2008

5 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

I wasn’t at ND, but Texas fight during the 4th quarter against Geno Smith WVU in DKR is the loudest I remember in a long time.

That game is the other game that stands out to me. I was plastered in the student section so it all kind of burs together, but I do remember Jackson Jeffcoat getting a sack-fumble for a TD in the end zone right in front of us. They played jump around, in which we all partook like lunatics, then replay confirmed the TD and it was like a bomb went off in my ears. That whole game was loud as hell though.

It's been few and far between recently, but when people are excited about Texas and a big opponent comes to town, the place gets up.

• Like 1

It’s funny, the loudest games I remember have either been after I was a student or before.

The ND game and WV game that have been mentioned.

1990 UH games was pretty incredible.

Im assuming the loudest while I was in school was 95 UVA (Dawson for the W)?

Maybe the home game vs ND (Westbrook vs Kinder) 96?

There was a Tech game that was pretty good..  Night game, cold as shit.  There was a pretty good 5-6 row frat brawl in the student section that I may or may not have been a part of.

I fully expect the LSU game to rival any of those.

Edited by Tylerocks

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

10/29/2005 Oklahoma State 19 point comeback. 

When Ramonce turned the corner with nothing but green in front of him on a reverse for the go ahead score DKR has never been louder. Something popped in my ear causing pain for days absolutely deafening. 

*did not attend 90 UH, did all others.

I 'member

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

10/29/2005 Oklahoma State 19 point comeback. 

When Ramonce turned the corner with nothing but green in front of him on a reverse for the go ahead score DKR has never been louder. Something popped in my ear causing pain for days absolutely deafening. 

*did not attend 90 UH, did all others.

Was 2004, but yeah, that game was a blast. And that Ramonce run was the most memorable play. Either tied the game or put us up after being down 35-7, don't recall. I do recall the halftime interview with Les Miles (I DVR'd the game) and he had this shit-eating grin and seemed very proud of himself for being up 35-14 at halftime. Then UT outscored them 42-0 in the second half lol.

2005 game was in Stillwater and VY made that dude jump on a pump fake. Then ran 80 yards. 

spacer.png

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Like 1