The way too early 2019 LSU at Texas game discussion

4th and 5

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

I agree on wanting them at full strength, or at least not any more disadvantaged than we are. It was more a comment on how big of a loss the center position in particular would be, based on who they would lose and who would replace him.

I think Shack will do well enough against their NTs. He will have help in most situations. They aren't the kind of NTs that are going to create interior pressure with quickness, ala Poona Ford. Okafor... Yeah, I'm not expecting that to go real well. That will have to be schemed around.

I figured that and was my point earlier too. I'm excited to see how this defensive line performs. LSU is a good test for that. And they will definitely test the OL too. As for Okafor, I figure Hand knows what he's doing despite my recollections of his breakdowns. He's had a full off-season to improve under Hand's guidance, so maybe he's finally turned the corner. It's interesting that earlier camp reports had them swapping Kerstetter and Okafor between RG/RT though. The latest depth chart doesn't imply Kertstetter would move there if needed, but it wouldn't surprise me either if he struggles. Kertstetter's versatility makes him a valuable piece.

8 hours ago, Fud said:

From an LSU insider

Just a heads up...
Suspensions are coming... 2 for sure and possibly a 3rd, and yes 1 of them is a starter. Not the 1 game variety either. Specific timeframes are still being decided, so until everything is nailed down, don't expect an announcement from the staff. While SIGNIFICANTLY better, the compliance issue still hasn't been completely erased.

PSX-20190826-213332.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

The mods were talking about how Orgeron could make the suspension throughout the season, and not consecutively.

That would be audacious to the point that I'd applaud it. The system is absurd, so why follow the rules?

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Haven't seen anything to that effect from the official sites or on social media.

Nice. If that's the case, I'm going to reach out to some friends that are still in school but don't go to games and buy their ticket packages to get some extra tix for the game.

4 hours ago, bolverk said:

siap: I always get a kick out of reading opponents' threads regarding visits to Austin. Here's LSU folk talking about their plans and the bars they'll visit in a couple of weeks. Fun read.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/traveling-to-austin---the-official-thread/84917463/

Should we invite them to the Surly Bartab? Lol

5 hours ago, bolverk said:

siap: I always get a kick out of reading opponents' threads regarding visits to Austin. Here's LSU folk talking about their plans and the bars they'll visit in a couple of weeks. Fun read.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/traveling-to-austin---the-official-thread/84917463/

Lol at recommending fucking torchys

32 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Lol at recommending fucking torchys

The fam all like torchys, I don't care for it at all.  Their breakfast tacos are just not good and I'm not that picky with tacos.  

Petes tacos at Maudie's are good in comparison, and there's about 100 places that make better ones in town.   Surprised they didn't mention fine dining at the oasis. 

I was reading that last night. My biggest eyeroll was when they said Rainey St was in walking distance of DKR. I guess it technically is, but I'm not walking it. But I'm also not stupid enough to go to Rainey St on a Saturday night - let alone the night of the LSU game.

39 minutes ago, Mac8111 said:

I am actually going to be in Nola the night of the game. Any suggestions on a great bar to watch the game without getting beat down with nutria pelts ?

Not if you’re wearing burnt orange or visibly/audibly rooting for Texas. Their fans get rowdy during LSU games. They’re not very polite to opponents in their territory. 

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Some smoke that the suspended starter is left tackle Charles, but it's unclear whether he's just getting suspended for Ga Southern, or for multiple games

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/something-interesting-from-todays-practice-video/85022520/

A post on that thread is saying other boards have posts that LB Divinity may also be suspended.  Nothing but rumors right now, but definitely appears to be some smoke to all this.

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

I’ll be shocked if either of those guys miss the UT game. I mean what would they have had to done?

Kill 5 strippers...while being filmed by 5 different cameras so that LSU wouldn’t be able to confiscate all of the footage? Even then, I’m not sure they miss more than Ga. Southern. 

I get it, but they've had guys miss multiple games pretty frequently in the past due to failed drug tests, which presumably this is 

12 hours ago, Modessit said:
20 hours ago, bolverk said:

I was reading that last night. My biggest eyeroll was when they said Rainey St was in walking distance of DKR. I guess it technically is, but I'm not walking it. But I'm also not stupid enough to go to Rainey St on a Saturday night - let alone the night of the LSU game.

Fuuuuuuck that. Rainey St. on a Saturday night is a clustershit. I also long for the days (a year ago) where their views on East 6th would've been true (locals hang out there). It used to be hipsterish, used to be locals, but now it's just the condo dwellers and more tourists staying in the new hotels/air bnbs. Most of them probably won't even know it's a football weekend.

1 minute ago, BurdineBandit said:

Fuuuuuuck that. Rainey St. on a Saturday night is a clustershit. I also long for the days (a year ago) where their views on East 6th would've been true (locals hang out there). It used to be hipsterish, used to be locals, but now it's just the condo dwellers and more tourists staying in the new hotels/air bnbs. Most of them probably won't even know it's a football weekend.

You booked an Austin area hotel on a football weekend lately? If you can get one, 6 months in advance, it’s like 400-500 a night.  There are plenty of people attending the game staying in air bnb’s and I would imagine a lot of them will be in that area because of the proximity.

59 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

You booked an Austin area hotel on a football weekend lately? If you can get one, 6 months in advance, it’s like 400-500 a night.  There are plenty of people attending the game staying in air bnb’s and I would imagine a lot of them will be in that area because of the proximity.

Never have, I live on the east side and generally avoid bars outside my neighborhood after games. I didn't think about that, I might check it out if it's more of a football crowd and less of a weekend tourist crowd.

17 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Nice. If that's the case, I'm going to reach out to some friends that are still in school but don't go to games and buy their ticket packages to get some extra tix for the game.

My girls had that sports pass last year. I believe you have to have a student ID to use it. 

1 hour ago, BurdineBandit said:

I don't know if it's still there but a few years ago when East 6th was starting up they had a hole in the wall bar that played 80s dance music all night. It would be packed and sweaty but hella fun. No cell phones, no egos, just people dancing the night away. Probably the most fun I've had in Austin recently.

6 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

My girls had that sports pass last year. I believe you have to have a student ID to use it. 

No problem, just reference "Back to School" and tell them you left your ID in the English professor's bedroom. Wink Wink

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

I don't know if it's still there but a few years ago when East 6th was starting up they had a hole in the wall bar that played 80s dance music all night. It would be packed and sweaty but hella fun. No cell phones, no egos, just people dancing the night away. Probably the most fun I've had in Austin recently.

Barbarella? 

• Like 2