OU Recruiting 2020: Everybody Hurts Sometimes

texifornia

18 minutes ago, texifornia said:

This is like one of those sneaky movie cuts where something big cuts the screen in half. In this case it's the fish/motor. I still have faith.

Could be a stand-ins torso as well. They can do a lot of things in post these days. 

1 hour ago, Constant said:

With sadness, I regret to inform the greater Shaggy community that Lincoln Riley is free of belly tats. Jury is still out on nipple tats, I guess. 

56 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

most obvious deepfake i've ever seen

Pretty fucking obvious that’s not actually Riley. No dicks in his mouth.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

i'm all for him flipping to them, Manning is a really good prospect.

I'd much rather see him at OU than A&M.  I'm all for OU being a top 10 team every year... better for the conference and better for us as well.  A&M needs to continue to wallow in mediocrity for a million reasons.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

i'm all for him flipping to them, Manning is a really good prospect.

Oh I definitely want the decommitment to happen. I just feel like Linguist is capable of having the obvious flip drag out while someone like Auburn hangs around and ultimately overtakes him.

Just now, Stampeder said:

I'd much rather see him at OU than A&M.  I'm all for OU being a top 10 team every year... better for the conference and better for us as well.  A&M needs to continue to wallow in mediocrity for a million reasons.

Nope. I want us running train on the conference every year while OU experiences our pain of the last decade. You need to meet some more Oklahomans and rebuild your hate reserves.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Oh I definitely want the decommitment to happen. I just feel like Linguist is capable of having the obvious flip drag out while someone like Auburn hangs around and ultimately overtakes him.

He or Lincoln was able to convince the kid out of Missouri to not decommit a couple weeks back. If Manning decommits, I think that kid does the same thing.  Landthieves seem like they will always have a potent offense, so any hit that comes from it's defensive recruiting is big.

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

He or Lincoln was able to convince the kid out of Missouri to not decommit a couple weeks back. If Manning decommits, I think that kid does the same thing.  Landthieves seem like they will always have a potent offense, so any hit that comes from it's defensive recruiting is big.

Theoretically, sure. But aTm is currently a larger thorn in our recruiting side, and wake me up when a talented defender goes to OU and actually performs. Until things change there, that should be in the equation. Meanwhile aTm having irritating fake momentum is irritating. 

I also realize I’m in the minority here, and I get that.  

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Theoretically, sure. But aTm is currently a larger thorn in our recruiting side, and wake me up when a talented defender goes to OU and actually performs. Until things change there, that should be in the equation. Meanwhile aTm having irritating fake momentum is irritating. 

I also realize I’m in the minority here, and I get that.  

I get that but if Texas can get into the CFP conversation and have a real shot of getting in going into the CCG, that thorn won't last much longer.

Just now, Thiefery said:

I get that but if Texas can get into the CFP conversation and have a real shot of getting in going into the CCG, that thorn won't last much longer.

Indeed, but thats a big IF. Its a small hole to thread and at best we’ve got 3 more years before the wheels MIGHT fall off on Jimbo. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Nope. I want us running train on the conference every year while OU experiences our pain of the last decade. You need to meet some more Oklahomans and rebuild your hate reserves.

I used to have much more hatred toward OU than A&M.  And then I actually attended several games against both opponents and felt much differently.  The only fanbase anywhere close to as obnoxious as A&M is Tech and they don't win enough to matter.  A&M is by far the biggest threat to our long term progression along with being unquestionably the most annoying.  I want them to lose every game they play.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stampeder said:

I used to have much more hatred toward OU than A&M.  And then I actually attended several games against both opponents and felt much differently.  The only fanbase anywhere close to as obnoxious as A&M is Tech and they don't win enough to matter.  A&M is by far the biggest threat to our long term progression along with being unquestionably the most annoying.  I want them to lose every game they play.

I feel where you are coming from.  There is an actual aggy fan in the community I live in here in VA.  He flashes the horns down (the horror) when we drive past each other or during our dog walks on the trail.  But until the series is resumed, I don't care.  I'll begin to worry if aggy actually WINS it's division. 

Just now, Thiefery said:

I feel where you are coming from.  There is an actual aggy fan in the community I live in here in VA.  He flashes the horns down (the horror) when we drive past each other or during our dog walks on the trail.  But until the series is resumed, I don't care.  I'll begin to worry if aggy actually WINS it's division. 

For your sake, I hope he doesn't follow Tony Grimes's recruitment. Sydney Carton says aggy leads for the blue chipper.

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

For your sake, I hope he doesn't follow Tony Grimes's recruitment. Sydney Carton says aggy leads for the blue chipper.

No he isn't a recruiting junkie or anything like that but he does follow the football season.  He was on cloud nine after the LSU game and of course the NC st bowl game lol.  Grimes and his dad had a lot of good stuff to say about UT as well.  Think they even said that they would return to see a game (official?)... so it's still early.  Never understood why so many VA blue chip prospects head out the state consistently.  

10 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Its not me, it’s what has been put it there, and I didn’t say leads. I said of the Texas schools he apparently prefers aTm. Crystal balls and shit. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Its not me, it’s what has been put it there, and I didn’t say leads. I said of the Texas schools he apparently prefers aTm. Crystal balls and shit. 

Took a quick look at CBs. Demetric Warren (lulz) for Va Tech and Brian Perroni (double lulz) is Ass to Mouth. Probably means kid's recruitment is wide open. If Grimes decides to play in Texas, then I believe he may be a package deal with his cousin.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stampeder said:

I'm very comfortable wishing the worst on two teams at once.

• Like 4

I don't understand how people still don't see the dichotomy. Anything beneficial to come to the fuckers up north will come at the expense of Texas. 

Texifornia is right. We need them to wander the desert for at least a decade and stock pile conference championships in the meanwhile. Only when it becomes a detriment to whatever conference we're in should we revisit this topic and even then, don't expect me to have any sympathy. 

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I'm very comfortable wishing the worst on two teams at once.

This too. To me, aggy is for amusement purposes only. No doubt they've got more annoying since taking their talents to secX3 but ou has been the bigger threat for longer than I've been alive. 

I don't understand how people still don't see the dichotomy. Anything beneficial to come to the fuckers up north will come at the expense of Texas. 
Texifornia is right. We need them to wander the desert for at least a decade and stock pile conference championships in the meanwhile. Only when it becomes a detriment to whatever conference we're in should we revisit this topic and even then, don't expect me to have any sympathy. 

Lincoln Riley will need to take an nfl job the same year that Texas dominates a Dallas recruiting cycle to kick off the downfall. I’ll be curious to see who the next cowboys coach is and when jerry pulls the trigger. That’s a very real landing spot for Riley and considering his assistants right now, it’s not likely they would be able to keep their continuity as they’ve done in the past

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fuck OU always and forever. ALWAYS. 

Manning is a good prospect. Aggy has a long history of ruining good prospects and Linguist is fucking terrible. He turned Charles Oliver from a promising CB with a possibe NFL future to a fucking hapless bag of skin chasing WRs. 

above all remember --  fuck OU always and forever. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Lincoln Riley will need to take an nfl job the same year that Texas dominates a Dallas recruiting cycle to kick off the downfall. I’ll be curious to see who the next cowboys coach is and when jerry pulls the trigger. That’s a very real landing spot for Riley and considering his assistants right now, it’s not likely they would be able to keep their continuity as they’ve done in the past

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to agree but I agree.  He's a bitch to deal with right now.

1 hour ago, Stampeder said:

Aggy is more annoying, ou will always be the bigger threat.

2 hours ago, Thiefery said:

Hopefully you just reply "scoreboard" when he flashes the horns down on the walks.

Edited by Sabalo

For posterity:

Alex Grinch's recruiting pitch to Washington: "He told me what it is, straight up. (OU) is hurting at defensive back. They're hurting on defense. Basically, he told me that there was not one person from the defense that could go to the NFL right now. That's different."