OU Recruiting 2020: Everybody Hurts Sometimes

texifornia

Hope this opens up the door for Washington to keep the lines open to Austin.  Especially once he sees the complete shit show defensively at ou this season..and it will be even worse now that they don't have quick strike murray to cover up for them offensively.

7 hours ago, Constant said:

Got the top player in Oklahoma back on board  

You know Andrew, there's been some really interesting advances in antiviral drugs and gene therapy. We can probably take a stab at getting that OUDNA right out and sending you to a real college.

Just now, Machinator said:

It's been in the works.

I know we had talked about the possibility a while back. This guy is a bit of a pompous ass, so to hear him admit it told me it was imminent. It had been a while since I’d seen anything on it, though, and I didn’t know how interested we were. 

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

At some point, the stacked depth chart was going to hurt us. I still think we have a good chance of flipping him later.

Fortunately we’ll have 4 safeties in the field at various times throughout the season. Hopefully that will help the playing time concerns. 

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

At some point, the stacked depth chart was going to hurt us. I still think we have a good chance of flipping him later.

I don't get the depth chart argument for Washington.. He won't arrive til next spring when Jones will have already left.  Sterns, Foster, Brown could also be gone by the spring of 2021.  Is it too much to play Special Teams for one season and learn the ropes from the best?

31 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

My OU buddy is saying Watts is about to decommit. Anyone heard anything? Where would he fall on our list of CBs?

Wells mentioned this a couple of weeks ago. A&M and Notre Dame were mentioned 

50 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I don't get the depth chart argument for Washington.. He won't arrive til next spring when Jones will have already left.  Sterns, Foster, Brown could also be gone by the spring of 2021.  Is it too much to play Special Teams for one season and learn the ropes from the best?

Some guys don’t want to sit at all. He’s guaranteed to not see the field on defense his first year. Plus, If only Sterns and Foster leave, then he’s still going to compete with Overshown, Brown, Owens, Adimora, and CTJ at least in his own class.

im not saying he’s right to let depth chart dictate things, but it seems obvious that played a role in his decision. We’ll see. If OU’s defense is dog shit again this year, I bet he changes his mind.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Some guys don’t want to sit at all. He’s guaranteed to not see the field on defense his first year. Plus, If only Sterns and Foster leave, then he’s still going to compete with Overshown, Brown, Owens, Adimora, and CTJ at least in his own class.

im not saying he’s right to let depth chart dictate things, but it seems obvious that played a role in his decision. We’ll see. If OU’s defense is dog shit again this year, I bet he changes his mind.

guys are ok sitting, if the team they are sitting on is winning championships  and putting guys in the league. 

till we are that team, playing time is a big thing. potential and direction of the team will only get you so far with some people. 

11 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

guys are ok sitting, if the team they are sitting on is winning championships  and putting guys in the league. 

till we are that team, playing time is a big thing. potential and direction of the team will only get you so far with some people. 

So in other words.. conference championship and a legit shot at the CFP this season and players like Washington are willing to sit and wait?

bama is the example. stacking 5*s. 
whats the tipping point for Texas? idk.  

Can’t use Bama as the example considering they are willing to play dirty in a way that Texas isn’t (yet). Would they still be stacking 5* the way they are if they recruited straight up? No fucking way.