OU Recruiting 2020: Everybody Hurts Sometimes

texifornia

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I forgot OU had a lead ballon of a BBQ, too

EBVg94FXoAAR1A5?format=jpg&name=smallEBVg-uxXUAE2mGk?format=jpg&name=small

Their whole class has lost steam, not sure if they have any big names lined up but looking at their list of commits they’re  rumored to lose Ryan Watts plus McClellan and Washington are potential flip candidates down the road. 

Edited by bEastTexas

22 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

It started to go down hill when Grinch channeled his inner Charlie Weiss at KU pitch.. 

Nothing like telling people you have no NFL talent on your defense to create chemistry in the locker room.  And by chemistry I mean nitroglycerin at a low boil.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

If Kliff crashes and burns, I could see NFL groupthink along the lines of: Riley = Kliff = air raid college coach— do not want.

There are a lot of possible outcomes in a given NFL season. The Cardinals getting worse this season is among the least likely. Kingsbury will get three to four years.

47 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I’m sure this will come as a shock to everyone, but they they have 15 commits, only 5 of which are on defense and their top 4 commits are all offense.

They’re a top 5 team in the country in terms of offensive talent. Defensively, I’m not sure they’d crack the top 20. 

They really aren’t in on any other big targets either so it’s not going to get much better, lucky for them Texas and A&M are going to fill up so they’ll keep Ryan Watts. 

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

We need to flip Washington when they continue to have a shitty defense this year.

Except their suckitude is apparently a recruiting selling point. Come and start because our current starters are trash! I think humiliating them in Dallas and having our other recruits live it up publicly on social media will help, though.

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Collins will have to visit somewhere else and show an interest in order to even vaguely resemble a guy that isn’t going to UT, right? Good lord, these fucking schools.

Name the last Texas legacy that went to either ou or aggy? I get it, those schools send their legacies to Texas occasionally, but I can't think the last time a Texas legacy that Texas wanted went to one of their rivals.

6 hours ago, elguapo said:

OU not taking a QB? Are they planning to take a transfer every year?

Land a 5* in 2019 and 2021, and you don't really need one for 2020. It's risky though if the 2019 kid wins the job in his second year leading to everyone transferring, and you don't have an incoming QB to play in an emergency 

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

I wish Martel had signed with aggy just for the aggy tears when he inevitably would have transferred out. aggy could’ve expanded the only title they hold: most 5 star QBs to leave a single school.

I wonder if Martel could've beat out Mond for the starting position. Assuming of course Tater didn't get wrecked by Urbs first, as per Hammster.

I don’t expect them to be what they’ve been the past few years. They are barren on the defensive side of the ball when it comes to talent. Hurts isn’t either of the past two QBs and the OL is going to need time to gel. If the offense is only 75% of what they were last year, that’s good enough for 2-3 extra lossses. They haven’t recruited well on defense and they’re not developing it. Grinch is living off of one good season at Wazzou. Riley is an offensive genius, but that isn’t good enough when there’s a lot of inexperience and the defense sucks. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t expect them to be what they’ve been the past few years. They are barren on the defensive side of the ball when it comes to talent. Hurts isn’t either of the past two QBs and the OL is going to need time to gel. If the offense is only 75% of what they were last year, that’s good enough for 2-3 extra lossses. They haven’t recruited well on defense and they’re not developing it. Grinch is living off of one good season at Wazzou. Riley is an offensive genius, but that isn’t good enough when there’s a lot of inexperience and the defense sucks. 

People are glossing over the change at QB is different this year as opposed to the last 2 transfers. Both Murray and Mayfield got a RS season to learn the offense. Hurts is a good QB, but he's been in the offense for less than 6 months. Not too mention, as you pointed out, they suffered significant losses at both the skill position and OL.