OU Recruiting 2020: Everybody Hurts Sometimes

texifornia

Visitor list for this weekends BBQ event so far. I see a couple of “flat tire” candidates.

2020: 
Nate Anderson - OT - Frisco (Texas) Reedy - RIVALS250 - OU COMMIT 
Noah Arinze
 - DE - Webster Groves, Mo. - OU OFFER
Alfred Collins
 - DL - Bastrop (Texas) Cedar Creek - OU OFFER probable
Jalin Conyers - TE - Gruver, Texas - RIVALS250 OU COMMIT
Brian Darby - WR - College Station (Texas) A&M Consolidated - OU COMMIT
Davon Graham - CB - Keller (Texas) Central - OU COMMIT
Michael Henderson
 - HBack - Irving (Texas) Ranchview - OU COMMIT
Justin Jackson
 - DE - Senatobia (Miss.) Northwest Mississippi C.C. - CU COMMIT
Quay Mays
 - DT - Senatobia (Miss.) Northwest Mississippi C.C. - WVU COMMIT
Seth McGowan
 - RB - Mesquite (Texas) Poteet - RIVALS250 OU COMMIT
Jonah Monheim - OL - Moorpark, Calif. - OU OFFER
Noah Nelson - OT - Gilbert (Ariz.) Williams Field - OU COMMIT
Rome Odunze - WR - Las Vegas Bishop Gorman - OU OFFER
Andrew Raym - OL - Broken Arrow, Okla. - RIVALS250 - OU COMMIT
Brynden Walker
 - LB - Oklahoma City Bishop McGuinness - OU COMMIT

2021: 

David Abiara - DE - Mansfield (Texas) Legacy - OU OFFER
E'Maurion 'Dooda' Banks
 - DE - Wichita Falls (Texas) Rider - OU OFFER
Kendrick Blackshire
 - LB - Duncanville, Texas - OU OFFER
Kendal Daniels
 - LB - Beggs, Okla. - OU OFFER
Travion Ford
 - EDGE - St. Louis (Mo.) Lutheran North - OU OFFER
Ethan Downs
 - DE - Weatherford, Okla. - OU OFFER
A.J. Green
 - CB - Tulsa (Okla.) Union - OU OFFER probable
Cody Jackson - WR - Richmond (Texas) Foster - OU COMMIT
Jakailin Johnson - CB - St. Louis (Mo.) DeSmet - RIVALS100 OU OFFER
L.J. Johnson - RB - Cypress (Texas) Cy-Fair - OU OFFER

Dreyden Norwood - ATH - Ft. Smith (Ark.) Northside
Daejon Reynolds - ATH - Lawrenceville (Ga.) Central Gwinnett
Camar Wheaton - RB - Garland (Texas) Lakeview Centennial - 5-STAR - OU OFFER

2022: 
Raleek Brown - ATH - Stockton, Calif. - OU OFFER
Caleb Burton
 - WR - Del Valle, Texas - OU OFFER
Maurion Horn
 - CB - Broken Arrow, Okla. - OU OFFER
Kobie McKinzie
 - LB - Lubbock (Texas) Cooper - OU OFFER
Gentry Williams
 - ATH - Tulsa Booker T. Washington - OU OFFER
Armani Winfield
 - WR - Lewisville, Texas - OU OFFER

I double checked just to be sure, but it looks like aggy never actually offered Brian Darby, which is just silly. I don't care if he is a coach's kid, taking Price over Darby just shows that Jimbo is an idiot of the highest order. I mean, sure Darby is just a three star, but compared to Price, he's fucking Jerry Rice.

56 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Wheaton's certainly going to be a busy boy this weekend. Not thrilled for back to back negative-recruiting-athons between y'all and aggy.

That's probably one of the "flat tire" candidates he's referring to.

23 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Lol you were just mad Strong slow played you (and also generally stopped recruiting in that shitty cycle), but ok

Yeah nobody from that gaping vagina defense should open their mouths.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Like 1

Landthieves will look good against all the filler on their schedule. They will roll into the OU game 5-0, highly ranked, and rested. After we slap them around, they will run off wins against WVU and KSU to perch themselves as the favorite to face us in the CCG for a rematch rematch. Their last 4 games might just trip them up (crosses fingers). I expect a good chance for each of ISU, Baylor, TCU, and OSU to be motivated and dangerous.

12 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Landthieves will look good against all the filler on their schedule. They will roll into the OU game 5-0, highly ranked, and rested. After we slap them around, they will run off wins against WVU and KSU to perch themselves as the favorite to face us in the CCG for a rematch rematch. Their last 4 games might just trip them up (crosses fingers). I expect a good chance for each of ISU, Baylor, TCU, and OSU to be motivated and dangerous.

It's all going to depend on Hurts' health, in my opinion.  He is going to have to run the ball often, given how many bodies they're breaking in on offense.  If he stays healthy, your prediction is probably accurate.  But he's going to take a similar number of hits to what Sam has taken, and we've all seen how that has cost Sam in the past, because of that.

It's all going to depend on Hurts' health, in my opinion.  He is going to have to run the ball often, given how many bodies they're breaking in on offense.  If he stays healthy, your prediction is probably accurate.  But he's going to take a similar number of hits to what Sam has taken, and we've all seen how that has cost Sam in the past, because of that.

Replacing 4 starters on that line is going to make for a messy pocket and some questionable throws. It’s likely that they use some combination of 6 to fill those new spots and the Hurts experiment flames out by TCU. Would love to play Rattler in round 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Replacing 4 starters on that line is going to make for a messy pocket and some questionable throws. It’s likely that they use some combination of 6 to fill those new spots and the Hurts experiment flames out by TCU. Would love to play Rattler in round 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubt it. I think Hurts' running will be bailing out that new OL while it gels. Riley will understand that.

Doubt it. I think Hurts' running will be bailing out that new OL while it gels. Riley will understand that.

Hurts isn’t a great runner. If he’s moving around, Riley would prefer it to be designed. Impromptu bullshit from hurts is going to strain his young oline who will get squirrely when they’re youth is exposed. I don’t think he will be able to make it through the season and I think the corners and safeties are going to make a killing blitzing the edge against his rollouts. Their offense is just going to be screen, run, rpo, run, rpo, screen and by game 6 or 7 it’ll be pretty defensible.

On 7/25/2019 at 4:49 PM, Magus Ossis said:

Thx @Goodman for this info...

Another blOU bullshit fact:

28. For the fifth consecutive year, Oklahoma has no back-to-back conference road games. Six Big 12 schools will play back-to-backs this season, six did last season as well, and eight did in 2017. But not the Sooners, since 2014. Don’t forget the gift basket for the league office, Lincoln Riley.

https://sports.yahoo.com/40-things-to-know-about-the-2019-college-football-schedule-035935239.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer_us=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvL3N4RzVzbGZPaG0&guce_referrer_cs=LgAchWpb1aJRgaHViYgfKg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Thx @Goodman for this info...

Another blOU bullshit fact:

28. For the fifth consecutive year, Oklahoma has no back-to-back conference road games. Six Big 12 schools will play back-to-backs this season, six did last season as well, and eight did in 2017. But not the Sooners, since 2014. Don’t forget the gift basket for the league office, Lincoln Riley.

https://sports.yahoo.com/40-things-to-know-about-the-2019-college-football-schedule-035935239.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer_us=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvL3N4RzVzbGZPaG0&guce_referrer_cs=LgAchWpb1aJRgaHViYgfKg

Going to need a statistician to determine the odds of this happening. And then probably a reporter (do those still exist?) to start asking questions of the league office because this seems highly unlikely to be a random occurrence.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chopper said:

Going to need a statistician to determine the odds of this happening. And then probably a reporter (do those still exist?) to start asking questions of the league office because this seems highly unlikely to be a random occurrence.  

r960-8754193e2d38a12ea22b81a7b3bd9ff1.jp

I think OU's offense will be great, but will take a step back from having the #1 S&P+ offense three years running. I think something closer to around #10 is more likely given their losses, which is still elite, but is still a step back. I don't expect the defense to take much of a step forward at all in year one of Grinch; this will take at least a year if it happens at all. 

On 7/25/2019 at 4:49 PM, Magus Ossis said:

LOL, WTF?  Did you get OU confused with Aggy?  OU tends to blow one early then roll the shit out of their schedule until shitting the bed in the postseason.  Either way, it's the offseason, times for sunshine. 

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Not that it'll make a lick of difference in the the way that school treats women, but Kennedy Brooks' Title IX accuser went public:

Good for her. Now I hope she has people who really care for her because going against ou fb will end badly. They locked up a tape of their star rb breaking a girls face, locked it up. President, AD, DA, everyone knew what happened and they made it disappear until the kid was done playing.

1 hour ago, Goodman said:

Good for her. Now I hope she has people who really care for her because going against ou fb will end badly. They locked up a tape of their star rb breaking a girls face, locked it up. President, AD, DA, everyone knew what happened and they made it disappear until the kid was done playing.

Not to mention their school president molesting male students for years without repercussions. A disgusting place. 

A quick review of her twitter is worthwhile. Not sure that it's a great look for someone accusing another person of sexual misconduct to show that much skin on twitter. Of course it doesn't justify the assault by any means -- she can wear and show whatever she wants, and shouldn't ever be victimized for it -- but it just won't help her cause much.

Not that it matters in Norman anyway.

Defense shows Mal's twitter pics to courtroom. "See? Tol' ya she wuz askin' fer it!" Case dismissed.

• Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

A quick review of her twitter is worthwhile. Not sure that it's a great look for someone accusing another person of sexual misconduct to show that much skin on twitter. Of course it doesn't justify the assault by any means -- she can wear and show whatever she wants, and shouldn't ever be victimized for it -- but it just won't help her cause much.

This is so fucking stupid. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This is so fucking stupid. 

@honolulu horn's argument is both dumb in terms of thinking (which he acknowledges), but pragmatic in terms of what's probably going to happen. The court of yokel dipshit Okie public opinion will absolutely say those things.

A good lawyer would tell her to scrub it.

Edited by texifornia