Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

7 hours ago, Bevo said:

I thought Judaism was defined by the Old Testament. Are you going back to what was written in the dead sea scrolls? And is that Judaism? And if Christianity came from Judaism or the Old Testament, I don't see how you could say that it is strictly monotheistic either since it too would have to be traced back to the dead sea scrolls.

This isn't the place or the time for this discussion. If you'd like to understand better, you should grab this phenomenal book and read it.

Now let's return to your usual discussions of aggy misery, ou sucking, and acquiring extreme amounts of talent at positions of need.

That Braun kid is large.

3 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

This isn't the place or the time for this discussion. If you'd like to understand better, you should grab this phenomenal book and read it.

Now let's return to your usual discussions of aggy misery, ou sucking, and acquiring extreme amounts of talent at positions of need.

That Braun kid is large. 

Ironically, one of the knocks on him is that he's undersized

7 hours ago, Bevo said:

I thought Judaism was defined by the Old Testament. Are you going back to what was written in the dead sea scrolls? And is that Judaism? And if Christianity came from Judaism or the Old Testament, I don't see how you could say that it is strictly monotheistic either since it too would have to be traced back to the dead sea scrolls.

What was considered Judaism in antiquity would not necessarily be considered Judaism today. Like all of the ancient religions, it's undergone a lot of evolution. Between the return from Egypt and the exile to Babylon there's significant historical/archaeological evidence that multiple deities were worshipped in the temple of Solomon/among the Israelites (Asherah for example). During the Babylonian captivity Judaism first came into contact with early Zoroastrianism, which had a profound effect on the religion moving forward.

This is a good source for further reading. 

Anyway, Nahlin and Boyd's recap of our 2019 class is up on their podcast: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/41st-acre/the-41st-acre-podcast?refid=stpr

Edited by satyanash

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

He made a visit to College Station with his father, who suddenly reentered the picture, and gave the Aggies a verbal pledge. Richardson told Texas he was going to come in for an unofficial visit on several occasions after his commitment to A&M. In fact, it became a running joke between Mike and myself. One weekend in the spring, Richardson was all set to visit Texas with one of his high school coaches. The morning the visit was supposed to happen, his father completely shut it down and didn’t allow Richardson to visit. That was the end of that and the last time we heard of any real movement with the Longhorns

This is about as blatantly cryptic as you can be about getting paid. Dameyune Craig doin work. 

5 minutes ago, satyanash said:

What was considered Judaism in antiquity would not necessarily be considered Judaism today. Like all of the ancient religions, it's undergone a lot of evolution. Between the return from Egypt and the exile to Babylon there's significant historical/archaeological evidence that multiple deities were worshipped in the temple of Solomon/among the Israelites (Asherah for example). During the Babylonian captivity Judaism first came into contact with early Zoroastrianism, which had a profound effect on the religion moving forward.

This is a good source for further reading. 

Anyway, Nahlin and Boyd's recap of our 2019 class is up on their podcast: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/41st-acre/the-41st-acre-podcast?refid=stpr

Also a good source, but boring as all hell. I have both that book and the one I recommended.

I never have time for podcasts. What's the tl;dr?

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Another great recruiting take from Rimbo regarding the 6’3, 280 lb grad transfer OL whose only two question marks are size and limited pass blocking film. 

Are you trying to tell me that 6'3" 280 lbs is not large? With a straight face?

Suchomel posted this about Braun a couple days ago
Spoiler I checked around today to follow up on Parker Braun, the two-time all-ACC OL from Georgia Tech who will be transferring for the 2019 season. 

Braun took an unofficial visit to Florida last weekend. I'm told it went well, but he's still very much looking forward to his Texas official visit next weekend (February 15). It'll be interesting to see how Texas handles Braun's visit. On one hand, you want to blow him away with everything your school has to offer, on the other, Braun isn't the type that's going to be blown away by a lot of bells and whistles. 

The factors that are important to him ... what Master's programs will be available, how he fits and if he can make an immediate impact, the strength and conditioning program. 

One note of interest ... Braun feels his he may be able to make himself attractive for NFL teams by doing some cross-training at center and guard. He's had conversations with Herb Hand about that. 

Ohio State has also been in contact and I'm told Braun is a maybe to visit there, but nothing is set up.
He also said A&M was overconfident on Shepherd up until the very end 
Spoiler I just got audio sent to me for Javonne Shepherd's signing announcement.

Gotta admit, I find it funny that there were a bunch of A&M reporters there asking A&M questions, when in fact this one has been done. Shepherd told me on Sunday night, as soon as he got home from his visit, that it was going to be Texas and I confirmed that with other sources on Monday.

Yet the A&M were still swarming him today. Of course, A&M was also extremely confident they were going to get him after he visited there. Seems to happen a lot in that market where they're a bit overconfident in their chances.

Lulz on the Shepherd bit with aggy. Sounds like my wisit to the timeshare sales at Lakeway long long ago in a galaxy far far away.

Went just to see what the fuck their scam was. Told the previous wife not gonna buy a timeshare no matter what but gonna have some fun with the salesman so dont freak when I act interested.

Went in, the clown was selling timeshares at Lakeway, we lived in Austin why would we want a fucking timeshare at Lakeway? But what the hell. Didnt act interested at first then started talking about buying two or more. Sales fool was drooling. Had him write up the papers and then went...

b7b11455adf15babb3467e9334a8ab7d.gif

and headed for the door. He tried to block the door. Lulz.

No bitch we aint buying your shitty timeshare.

aggy basically are selling a shitty timeshare. Some fools buy in to the sheep shit and will be doomed to finish 4th or lower in sec sec sec west their entire career (unless they teleport away using tp of course) while others are smart and choose wisely.

OU sucks.

21 minutes ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

They should have added No. 1 in State of Texas.  

But Horns didn't Win recruiting for the State of Texas recruits...... too much aggy would rightfully post on social media to refute #1 State of Texas claim

Edited by LTtxfan

4 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I think we can do this without CR'ing up the joint.

What we need is more Catherine Zeta-Jones. That's the kind of talent we should be recruiting. To this thread.

11814977.jpg

Cat > Kate

This is the dumbest fucking take on a thread and board full of dumb takes. For starters, no she's not. But second, if you're going to try and make it a competition, at least post pictures of the woman from the last 10 years. Ideally from the last couple years. That pic looks like it's from 2005, at the latest. She's about 50 years old now. She's aged great. But she's not Kate.

2018:

Catherine-Zeta-Jones:-Michael-Kors-show-

2 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

Better than Benedict Arnold.  I heard that guy was hoping to start immediately, but he had to take a Red Coat, instead.

Benedict Arnold in the Portal? 

Already posted.  Self imposed punishment is back to lurking for the next 2 years.

Edited by Tigersnake
already posted
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

By the standard playing Offensive Line at a p5 school? Yes, with a straight face I can say that isn't that large. 

Taylor Hamm is tall, if your point of comparison is 4th graders lining up for a ride at an amusement park. Context matters. 

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

— But it wasn’t until Sept. 15 when things really started to pick up for McCoy. That was the date of his official visit. It was there where he bonded with the Texas staff, got an in-depth look at the program, saw the Longhorns beat down USC, and when he really started to envision himself in Austin. McCoy also built a strong relationship with UT commit Jordan Whittington and started to tell other Texas pledges that him inking with the Longhorns was a real possibility. There was confidence around the Texas program after the visit, but I wanted to wait to put in a Crystal Ball until I felt like I was pretty sure. After Texas beat Oklahoma in the Red River Showdown, I was told ‘shooters take shots, so put it in’ and so I did. My confidence with McCoy grew in November as confidence around the program grew as well — from both commits and sources.

— There was no doubt in my mind that McCoy was going to sign with Texas at the time USC parted ways with his lead recruiter, Tee Martin. Then came the Kliff Kingsbury hire. That really did reignite things with McCoy and USC, and I was told his father was really wowed by the move. After a couple of meetings with Kingsbury and his official visit, we got super worried. In fact, I was told McCoy had given a silent to USC. 

This kind of shit is so fucking annoying.

17 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is the dumbest fucking take on a thread and board full of dumb takes. For starters, no she's not. But second, if you're going to try and make it a competition, at least post pictures of the woman from the last 10 years. Ideally from the last couple years. That pic looks like it's from 2005, at the latest. She's about 50 years old now. She's aged great. But she's not Kate.

2018:

Catherine-Zeta-Jones:-Michael-Kors-show-

uh. how about google Catherine Zeta-Jones and mental illness. unless you are really into crazy.

18 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

By the standard playing Offensive Line at a p5 school? Yes, with a straight face I can say that isn't that large. 

Taylor Hamm is tall, if your point of comparison is 4th graders lining up for a ride at an amusement park. Context matters. 

Sure, if you want to involve the relative size of players at his position on the field, as if that's relevant or anything. God.

And yes, Catherine Zeta-Jones is and always has been hotter than Kate, and I sure as fuck will post photos of her from any goddamned time frame I please.

catherine-zeta-jones-t.jpg

milf.

Just now, Rimbo said:

Sure, if you want to involve the relative size of players at his position on the field, as if that's relevant or anything. God.

And yes, Catherine Zeta-Jones is and always has been hotter than Kate, and I sure as fuck will post photos of her from any goddamned time frame I please.

catherine-zeta-jones-t.jpg

milf.

I mean, no one said you shouldn't post pictures at any time period. But if you're trying to prove Person A is hotter than Person B, well, again, Context Matters. Otherwise, you should probably use the proper verb tense. You know, words like was.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Yes. For a third year P5 OL, 6’3, 280 lbs is very small.

30 minutes ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

Not small for a C.  

Yeah it is. 280, especially when we’re talking listed weights, is small for a third year OL in P5. No 6’3, 280 lb offensive linemen would ever be considered large.