Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

1 minute ago, CravenTaters said:

Herman will be making the rounds on the "This is Texas Tour" on May 9th in Fort Worth. Might have one last shot to visit NaNa and put on the full court press.

Del Conte also making the visit. Should be an interesting homecoming to Fort Worth as a Texas man.

If Herman is so Mensa, why didn't we have Mike Perrin show up and pretend to be Red McCombs during the business school tour?

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

Chris Adimora oos too

I think we really are in it for Steele 

Kind of strange for Texas but Alabama and Notre Dame and Michigan have been doing it for years. OSU is pretty new at it too. Herman really does seem to mimic Urban's program philosophy minus the felonies and the fake heart attacks.

44 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

His offer list is legit and this takes away every bit of the sting from missing on cupp. Bama, Ohio St, ND, lsu, Michigan and usc. 

I wouldn't go quite that far. Cupp has better athleticism and shows himself to be a better blocker at this point, but it is certainly a great job covering for not getting Cupp.  Liebrock is interesting. He's not overly fast and I doubt he'll have great testing numbers, but he is a fluid route runner with good hands.  He shows the ability to make catches in traffic, high point the ball, and adjust to bad throws. I think he'll be a good player. He certainly needs to do some work on his blocking at this point, which most TEs that are juniors in HS need to do, but I'm not sure he'll ever be a great blocker.

Here's a video of him at an Adidas 7 on 7 event: http://cbsprt.co/2FVwchY

and here's some clips of him from the Santa Clara opening regional: http://cbsprt.co/2HVlWqf

Edited by UT Lawnghorn
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

I wouldn't go quite that far. Cupp has better athleticism and shows himself to be a better blocker at this point, but it is certainly a great job covering for not getting Cupp.  Liebrock is interesting. He's not overly fast and I doubt he'll have great testing numbers, but he is a fluid route runner with good hands. I think he'll be a good player. He certainly needs to do some work on his blocking at this point, which most TEs that are juniors in HS need to do, but I'm not sure he'll ever be a great blocker.

and here's some clips of him from the Santa Clara opening regional: http://cbsprt.co/2HVlWqf

We can all agree he's better than epps who was our only te from last cycle. Pair liebrock and wiley and that's a very good te class. 

14 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

I wouldn't go quite that far. Cupp has better athleticism and shows himself to be a better blocker at this point, but it is certainly a great job covering for not getting Cupp.  Liebrock is interesting. He's not overly fast and I doubt he'll have great testing numbers, but he is a fluid route runner with good hands.  He shows the ability to make catches in traffic, high point the ball, and adjust to bad throws. I think he'll be a good player. He certainly needs to do some work on his blocking at this point, which most TEs that are juniors in HS need to do, but I'm not sure he'll ever be a great blocker.

How many TDs can one score in a single 7 on 7 tournament? 

16 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

im withholding my opinion till I see Liebrocks MILF -sister hotness quotiant. 

Cupp has major game in the catagory.

34 minutes ago, CravenTaters said:

Herman will be making the rounds on the "This is Texas Tour" on May 9th in Fort Worth. Might have one last shot to visit NaNa and put on the full court press.

Del Conte also making the visit. Should be an interesting homecoming to Fort Worth as a Texas man.

As will Beck; I nearly ran right into him walking in to Rental Car facility at DFW.  

So, that “position of need” is still “unfilled/vacant”...

Yeah, I saw that random Liebrock CB from the USC mod last night and thought he was the commitment. The USC guy has no reason to make that pick unless he knows something for sure.

Still funny that so few people knew this was coming until last second. Our 9.95ers basically don't know shit until after word of a silent commitment leaks out. Anything before that is pretty much horseshit. 

6 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Yeah, I saw that random Liebrock CB from the USC mod last night and thought he was the commitment. The USC guy has no reason to make that pick unless he knows something for sure.

Still funny that so few people knew this was coming until last second. Our 9.95ers basically don't know shit until after word of a silent commitment leaks out. Anything before that is pretty much horseshit. 

going by the 9.95 coverage, youd have thought he didnt make it in. every article I saw had his name tagged at the bottom. 

Guess hes just a very low key guy. I like that. if they commit to Texas

13 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

im withholding my opinion till I see Liebrocks MILF -sister hotness quotiant. 

Cupp has major game in the catagory.

Well, rumor has it Liebrock is Kelly LeBrock's kid...with a surname tweak simply to protect Mom's privacy. Yeah, weird.

5 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Well, rumor has it Liebrock is Kelly LeBrock's kid...with a surname tweak simply to protect Mom's privacy. Yeah, weird.

yeah. I''ll  take late 30's early 40's Mama Cupp over 60 year old Kelly LeBrock. no matter how well preserved

4 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Fucking EJ did it again. He staged the Liebrock commit article at 10:30 and accidentally published it again and now pulled it back. 

stupid shitfuck. 

Reveal hidden contents

Liebrock.png

For a guy that (correctly) clowns on OB's stupid commit-scooping antics so much, he really sucks at not accidentally stealing kids' spotlight.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Can never have too many Braydens on a team. 

No offense to Baylor Cupp and his lovely mother, but his first name brings too much baggage.

Definitely think Liebrock has the potential to be as good as Cupp and if actually developed, then even better. There is enough TE depth that Liebrock can redshirt.

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Would that make him Steven Seagal's kid?

17 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Fucking EJ did it again. He staged the Liebrock commit article at 10:30 and accidentally published it again and now pulled it back. 

Reveal hidden contents

Liebrock.png

Hey y'all. Sorry to ruin the "Fuck EJ party," but sometimes shit happens. Unlike others, this was obviously not intentional.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2