Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

Mike Roach: Texas a major player for Arkansas DL Zach Williams

The state of Arkansas is seeing a boom in talent for the 2019 cycle. More and more coaches are flocking to the Natural State to see what it has to offer. The Longhorns have been active in Arkansas as well, including their latest offer to Little Rock (Ark.) Robinson defensive end Zach Williams. A three-star prospect, Williams holds offers from programs such as Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, TCU, Tennessee, Florida and Vanderbilt, 

Williams made his way to Austin for the Texas spring game, where he was notified of his offer, and he came away honored. “It means a lot,” Williams said. “For Texas to offer an out-of-state player a scholarship is big. The state of Texas has so much talent. When they reach out to players in bordering states, it really makes you feel special.”

Williams has an impressive offer list, but he said that Texas moved into his group of top schools. The Longhorns will be battling with Arkansas, Alabama, TCU and several others for his services. Williams said that the entire experience at Texas stood out to him. “I thought Texas was off the charts from an academic and athletic standpoint," he said. "The facilities were great, and the campus was beautiful."

Williams is already planning a return trip to Austin in the next few months. He said he’s talking with the coaches to arrange for an official visit during the summer. With the increased attention he’s receiving, Williams is looking at extending his commitment timeline. “I wanted to make the decision after spring ball at my school, but I think I’m going to push it back until later this fall,” he said. At 6-foot-4, 220 pounds, Williams is ranked as the No. 41 weak-side defensive end in the country and No. 6 overall prospect in Arkansas, according to 247Sports.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

Great news. Welcome to the 40 Brayden 🤘

There are 40 Braydens on UT's team now?! 

tumblr_mjx30qS2Or1rcaovvo1_1280.jpg

GEORGE: You know, if I could get this Coco woman down to Kruger, they wouldn't be able to call me Koko anymore because Kruger would never allow 2 Kokos.

JERRY: Sounds like he runs a real tight ship.

21 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Erick Young isn't going to solve aggy's problem at CB.  Over 200 lbs. already ( bigger than Demani ).

Damn I wish we'd offer Ford.  Great film and faster than a lot of WR and DB's.   Dude could be a terror coming off the edge.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

52 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Our class this year isn’t going quite as I’d like but still plenty of time to put together a great class. A good year on the field would be huge, moreso for 2020 than 2019. I expect we’ll be closer to #10 overall this year, but if we can put out a better product, we could get back to top 5 in 2020 and really have a national championship talented roster for the first time in about 9 years.

3 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Grant tisdale with some insane numbers. He must be pretty underwhelming as a passer for most of the big schools to pass on him.

Stingley is a freak. Would love to get him. 

I wasn't overly impressed with what I saw from Tisdale, but if he does develop into a legit playmaker, Ole Miss isn't a bad place for him to land, from a UT perspective.

Just keep at Stingley and hope Orgeron stumbles chasing his own tail.

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I wasn't overly impressed with what I saw from Tisdale, but if he does develop into a legit playmaker, Ole Miss isn't a bad place for him to land, from a UT perspective.

Just keep at Stingley and hope Orgeron stumbles chasing his own tail.

Brutal schedule for Ogre this year.  OOC game to open year vs Miami and cross-divisional matchup is Georgia.

Hell, it wouldn't be to shocking to see aggy and LSU playing that last game with winner bowl eligible and loser stays home for bowl season.

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Question for the Louisiana experts: Why is Stingley at the Dunham School and not U Lab?

Don't know if it means much but LSU 247 main mod Shea Dixon doesn't have him picked to LSU yet.  Neither does Wiltfong.

4 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
10 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:
I suspect that this new game day atmosphere will help with recruiting.

CDC is legit, glad we have a AD now.

Imagine - live music and a carnival at every home game! 

CDC kinda gets it evidenced by below:

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

good.  no reason to have dipshits inching down san jac to their sweet parking spots in between a thousand fans.  good parking spots are fun but that shit was always dumb as fuck. 

wow! Texans willing to give up car parking in order to have a more urban experience?! I need to come visit Texas again...

Those ideas about carnival/beer garden/live music...pedestrianized streets...that's where it's at.