Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

How much time did Ponamsky do? 

https://www.justice.gov/archive/usao/lae/news/2011/2011_05_17_dereck_ponamsky_sent.html

DERECK E. PONAMSKY, age 36, from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, was sentenced today by U.S. District Court Judge Jay Zainey to five years probation with the special condition of 18 months home-detention, 100 hours of community service, and a fine of $6,000, for use of an altered Coast Guard license, announced U. S. Attorney Jim Letten.

Per TFB, there are two silent commits that have not dropped. They correspond to the Carrington tweets from March 31, and yesterday.

The one from yesterday won't resolve itself for a while, maybe as late as the end of summer.

Draw your own conclusions from that.

• Like 2

Forging a coast guard license to become a river boat pilot is the most Louisiana crime ever. And he was a pilot for three years, apparently without incident. That is objectively bad ass. I fucking love it. Make that guy the AD. I would send my kid there in a heartbeat if it meant that I got to hang out with that salty old river boat gamblin' son of a bitch. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Per TFB, there are two silent commits that have not dropped. They correspond to the Carrington tweets from March 31, and yesterday.

The one from yesterday won't resolve itself for a while, maybe as late as the end of summer.

I think the end of summer one is Tyler Johnson, people have been saying he’s all Texas “but wants to enjoy the recruiting process”. Sounds like he wants some free trips

• Like 1

I assume you were also headed to Little Rock but after meeting with Giles you decided to go somewhere else. 

In my brief conversation with him, I can see why he’s a shitty recruiter. Can’t talk to anyone like a normal human.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Forging a coast guard license to become a river boat pilot is the most Louisiana crime ever. And he was a pilot for three years, apparently without incident. That is objectively bad ass. I fucking love it. Make that guy the AD. I would send my kid there in a heartbeat if it meant that I got to hang out with that salty old river boat gamblin' son of a bitch. 

I heard a rumor he was in the church rafters prior to this watching his own funeral.  Very shifty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Machinator said:

EJ also commented that the original timeframe for yesterday's silent was summer

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I think the end of summer one is Tyler Johnson, people have been saying he’s all Texas “but wants to enjoy the recruiting process”. Sounds like he wants some free trips

EJ and Suchomel have both said that Tyler Johnson has not committed. He pops up everytime we get a shh, but I don't think there's any reason to think he'll give a silent way ahead of his decision. He's in the calculator though. 

Players of some relevance to Texas recruiting invited to the Opening Finals thus far:

Marcus Banks

Noah Cain

Shammond Cooper (LB, Trinity Catholic (MO))

Rian Davis

Tyrion Davis

Kenyon Green

Chester Kimbrough (CB, Warren Easton (LA))

Bru McCoy

Nana Osafo-Mensah

Trey Palmer

Demani Richardson

Trey Sanders

Ishmael Sopsher

Chris Steele

Derek Stingley Jr.

Marcus Stripling

Marcus Washington (WR, Trinity Catholic (MO))

Garrett Wilson

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

In my brief conversation with him, I can see why he’s a shitty recruiter. Can’t talk to anyone like a normal human.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His primary goal in that interaction was probably to end it as quickly as possible.  But yeah if you watch videos of him talk g he’s not exactly a polished orator.  

26 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Players of some relevance to Texas recruiting invited to the Opening Finals thus far:

Marcus Banks

Noah Cain

Shammond Cooper (LB, Trinity Catholic (MO))

Rian Davis

Tyrion Davis

Kenyon Green

Chester Kimbrough (CB, Warren Easton (LA))

Bru McCoy

Nana Osafo-Mensah

Trey Palmer

Demani Richardson

Trey Sanders

Ishmael Sopsher

Chris Steele

Derek Stingley Jr.

Marcus Stripling

Marcus Washington (WR, Trinity Catholic (MO))

Garrett Wilson

Roschon will also be there pulling a Justin Fields

I really thought I had been on top of the shhh's but I guess not

Commits since 3/31: 
DeGabriel Floyd 3/31
Kenyatta Watson 5/1 (shhh 4/4)
Brayden Liebrock 5/8 (shhh 5/7)

I had assumed the 3/31 shhh was Floyd, but I guess not. Wonder who it is and why they're sitting on it so long then. 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I'm with you, actually. In Louisiana, this isn't really even a crime. Just a good ol boy, never meanin' no harm. 

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Really? You put together a list tracking high school kids and everyone gives you rep and thanks you. I put together a list tracking high school kids and the judge doesn't let me within 1000 feet of a school and gives my wife the kids. Fucking bullshit double standards. 

All credit to @tokamak

Edit: just saw the username, lol

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Really? You put together a list tracking high school kids and everyone gives you rep and thanks you. I put together a list tracking high school kids and the judge doesn't let me within 1000 feet of a school and gives my wife the kids. Fucking bullshit double standards. 

Be honest. We all know it was the car wash that got you in trouble...

ImpressiveDelectableKawala-size_restrict

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

I really thought I had been on top of the shhh's but I guess not

Commits since 3/31: 
DeGabriel Floyd 3/31
Kenyatta Watson 5/1 (shhh 4/4)
Brayden Liebrock 5/8 (shhh 5/7)

I had assumed the 3/31 shhh was Floyd, but I guess not. Wonder who it is and why they're sitting on it so long then. 

I guess it’s out there. Anyways, I fucked up. Floyd was the 31st.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Sometimes the 47th chromosome gets you extra creativity instead of an extra toe.