Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

32 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Haven't followed his recruitment much. Y'all like him as a take? His offer list is a bit concerning.

28 minutes ago, Fud said:

I like him a lot 

I’m with Fud. I’m not sure why he doesn’t have more offers. He’s definitely raw but the potential is there. He’s 6’6 with legit burst off the line. He’s only played TE one year and will be moving to QB next year, so a lot of projection is required to evaluate him, which is probably why he doesn’t have a better offer list. He’d be a great second TE take.

• Like 2

EJ after dark: New Crystal Ball pick in for Texas

— I have locked in a new Crystal Ball pick for Texas. This time around, I put in a prediction for four-star Mayfair (Calif.) safety Chris Adimora. According to sources, Texas really impressed him on his recent visit to Austin, and UT commit De’Gabriel Floyd has been working extremely hard on him. Adimora has a great relationship with Texas safeties coach Craig Naivar, who has been making a huge push. Adimora is planning to make an official visit to Texas in the future.

— I mentioned yesterday that there was reason for optimism with Williams Field (AZ) safety Noa Pola-Gates. The four-star prospect likes the Longhorns and is considering making a visit to UT in the near future. Naivar will actually be out in Arizona to see Pola-Gates on Monday. Texas is recruiting the state of Arizona hard and is having success there. 

— I checked in with another source close to five-star IMG Academy (Fla.) running back Trey Sanders, and he told me that Texas is a bigger player than most are making it seem. Sanders is still scheduled to visit Texas in the summer and has a growing relationship with Stan Drayton. I will have more from Sanders when I stop by IMG later this week.

— Nothing has really changed with four-star Fort Worth Nolan Catholic defensive end/outside linebacker NaNa Osafo-Mensah. I am still hearing that Notre Dame is the team to beat as his decision approaches. Texas is going to continue to work on him over the next week, but again, I would give the Fighting Irish the edge at this time.

3 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I thought we were in pretty good shape for Catalon at safety, no? I’d assume we are only taking 2 this cycle because of our success last year, so next S to commit will likely be the last, correct?

They've got Kenyatta slotted at CB I believe.  Pretty sure the plan at S is to take 2 of: Catalon/Adimora/Cine/Pola-Gates.  

* The only thinging holding up Catalon from what I've read involves Arkansas and the fact that it's never been defeated.

Edited by Scholz

3 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I thought we were in pretty good shape for Catalon at safety, no? I’d assume we are only taking 2 this cycle because of our success last year, so next S to commit will likely be the last, correct?

We frequently have three or even four safeties on the field at once. I could see us taking three if that's where the talent is. 

1 minute ago, Scholz said:

They've got Kenyatta slotted at CB I believe.  Pretty sure the plan at S is to take 2 of: Catalon/Adimora/Cine.  

Gotta think they'd take all three of those guys, if they wanted to come.  Plus, Adimora's body looks like one that could easily play as the hybrid safety/LB (the Jason Hall role) in Orlando's defense.

Just now, Katfid54 said:

Gotta think they'd take all three of those guys, if they wanted to come.  Plus, Adimora's body looks like one that could easily play as the hybrid safety/LB (the Jason Hall role) in Orlando's defense.

I added Noa Pola-Gates to that list as well.  You could be right.  

• Like 1

Two corners (Kenyatta, maybe Banks or someone else), two safeties (Catalon, Adimora), and one more DB if he's a stud at any of the positions (Stingley, Pola-Gates, Richardson,, Steele, etc, they're all longshots, but you never know)

34 minutes ago, Fud said:

Two corners (Kenyatta, maybe Banks or someone else), two safeties (Catalon, Adimora), and one more DB if he's a stud at any of the positions (Stingley, Pola-Gates, Richardson,, Steele, etc, they're all longshots, but you never know)

Could you really turn down Stingley, Pola-Gates, Richardson, or Steele?

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

He doesn't have an offer from them, it'd be a bit sad if he added them.

Wouldn't be the first time. Kids have had us in their top lists without offers before 

Edited by utfan87

2 hours ago, Fud said:

Adimora is a fucking baller 

Eh I watched his film he looks like he lacks instincts or he hasn't been coached up very well. Not reading the ball well on the snap, but he's got great ball skills def a boundary safety. 

4 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

Eh I watched his film he looks like he lacks instincts or he hasn't been coached up very well. Not reading the ball well on the snap, but he's got great ball skills def a boundary safety. 

You're fucking blind.

Edited by Fud
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Steele is our other corner. I think we are going to slow play the banks recruitment and see where Steele goes. Watson and steele are both better than banks. I'm not sure banks is worth taking an extra db.  

It finally hit me who you are. You used to post as Urinal Cake. I can't believe it took me this long. I assume this is something I'm last to the party on?

• Like 1

So you watched the first minute of the hudl and saw the one play where he bit on the fake and ran the wrong way.

Cool.

1 hour ago, Fud said:

If they can get the right ones, they'd absolutely take 3 CBs. They'd take 3 safeties if they're able to convince themselves that one can spin to LB or be dedicated as a NB. 

The clock is ticking on Richardson. If Catalon and Adimora commit in the next 45 days, I wonder if they keep working Richardson at all or merely stick to Pola-Gates and/or Cine. Adimora could well be the Richardson replacement.

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So you watched the first minute of the hudl and saw the one play where he bit on the fake and ran the wrong way.

Cool.

Actually I watched the first three minutes. He's elite with the ball in his hands and had good vision, but he does lack elite speed which his testing #s reflect with the 4.71. I would be hesitant in having him on the back end of the defense 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

If they can get the right ones, they'd absolutely take 3 CBs. They'd take 3 safeties if they're able to convince themselves that one can spin to LB or be dedicated as a NB. 

The clock is ticking on Richardson. If Catalon and Adimora commit in the next 45 days, I wonder if they keep working Richardson at all or merely stick to Pola-Gates and/or Cine. Adimora could well be the Richardson replacement.

Catalon could potentially being a great fit at nickel 

giphy.gif

JFC --- Adimora is a take for anyone in any season. 

Don't forget Jordan Patterson, if anyone looks like a clear Richardson replacement to me, it's him. It looks like he's done a good job of doing a lot of the things the coaches want to see out of him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Catalon could potentially being a great fit at nickel 

I do worry about his lack of height especially with teams now putting larger receivers in the slot it could make for mismatches. 4.45 shuttle is something that worries me with quick small wr.