Texas recruiting notes 2019

Uh, the JUCO LB we were after ( Lakia Henry ) just committed to Tennessee.  Seems odd since he was supposed to visit here soon.
https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-Vols-football-recruiting-Four-star-juco-LB-Lakia-Henry-commits-to-Tennessee-118382715
Not that odd when you consider they're nearly s desperate as aggy these days..

Let's face it, we are not going to get top recruits on one side of the ball until Beck is gone...they look at film and frankly last year sucked.  On the other side they are all being told by every other team that Orlando is gone after next year and that despite his support statements of Herman, privately he is thinking less and less of Herman as his superior and wondering if as a head coach at Texas he is just in over his head.  

• Fuck You 50

Just now, chupacabradelrio said:

Let's face it, we are not going to get top recruits on one side of the ball until Beck is gone...they look at film and frankly last year sucked.  On the other side they are all being told by every other team that Orlando is gone after next year and that despite his support statements of Herman, privately he is thinking less and less of Herman as his superior and wondering if as a head coach at Texas he is just in over his head.  

I can't possibly imagine why you have negative rep with comments like this

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ousux said:
39 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:
Uh, the JUCO LB we were after ( Lakia Henry ) just committed to Tennessee.  Seems odd since he was supposed to visit here soon.
https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-Vols-football-recruiting-Four-star-juco-LB-Lakia-Henry-commits-to-Tennessee-118382715

Not that odd when you consider they're nearly s desperate as aggy these days..

Pruitt went to to the Nick Saban School of National Recruit Talent Procurement. 

3 minutes ago, chupacabradelrio said:

Does your momma know you're typing on her computer again? Aren't you supposed to be mowing the lawn?

22 minutes ago, chupacabradelrio said:

Maybe because reality is setting in

Let's face it, we are all publicly thinking less and less of you as a poster and wondering if as a keyboard warrior you are just in over your head.   

Edited by lemonandaturd

27 minutes ago, chupacabradelrio said:

All that said and we still end up with the higher ranked, more coveted class.

Really sucks to be aggy, huh?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Gonna be a stiff competition between DL and WR to see who can make it further down their list of backup offers.

frankly, I'm not near as concerned about second and third choices at WR this year as I am at DL. WR is stocked coast to coast, and we seem to be having pull on both ends. 

the big12 is a 7 on 7 dream. DB and WR come out of here. and they know it. so we are gonna get ours.

DL, not so much. IDK if its the continual shots to the head. but DL doesnt seem to grasp what Texas is selling. is it Giles? are they all afraid of getting stuck at nose and only getting to soak up double teams to make the rest of the D look good? 

they need to solve this problem. and solve it quick. I think a good season this year will go a long way to changing the DL recruiting flow. So, i'm not that worried. but its sucks to think about it in the now.

side note:Texas still hasnt offered Jaylem Ellis. if they havent by now, that means they arent. because? reasons!!

1 minute ago, NorLa Horns said:

side note:Texas still hasnt offered Jaylem Ellis. if they havent by now, that means they arent. because? reasons!!

They've offered like 20 different OOS 4-star WRs in two weeks. I don't think they're Jaylen's biggest fans.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, chupacabradelrio said:

How's that Ignore User function coming along? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

All that said and we still end up with the higher ranked, more coveted class.

Really sucks to be aggy, huh?

hmmm. 2018 class. WR class top rated in the country. top RB in the state. Top tackle in the state. 2 4* QBs. yeah. Beck is really holding us back.

2 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

frankly, I'm not near as concerned about second and third choices at WR this year as I am at DL. WR is stocked coast to coast, and we seem to be having pull on both ends. 

the big12 is a 7 on 7 dream. DB and WR come out of here. and they know it. so we are gonna get ours.

DL, not so much. IDK if its the continual shots to the head. but DL doesnt seem to grasp what Texas is selling. is it Giles? are they all afraid of getting stuck at nose and only getting to soak up double teams to make the rest of the D look good? 

they need to solve this problem. and solve it quick. I think a good season this year will go a long way to changing the DL recruiting flow. So, i'm not that worried. but its sucks to think about it in the now.

Stuck at nose like Poona ford was?

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

How's that Ignore User function coming along? 

Ignore user function has been here from the start, but the crowdsourcing feature might be more useful at this point.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Stuck at nose like Poona ford was?

that was one of the thingsa that kept Max Wright from coming to Texas. He didnt like where he thought he'd play.

DL want sacks and TFL. they dont want to be the no-name monster inside who makes everything else tick. they want to be superstars. 

Yes, youd think "DL of the year for the conference" would turn some heads. But it hasnt

1 hour ago, chupacabradelrio said:

texags much?

35 minutes ago, chupacabradelrio said:

I'm ok with super optimism but a lot of you boys aren't paying attention.  Our mods mostly have their heads up their ass and are pumping out what we want to hear.  i am just now starting to realize that.  My bad i guess but I was just too bought in to Next Year.  

Shouldn't you have called us "baws" like the rest of the SEC Rant mouthbreathers call each other?  Also, aggy is always too bought in to Next Year.  It is turdition.  

E.J. Holland: Texas to take part in Florida satellite camp

Texas is heading back to Florida. Horns247 has learned the Longhorns have partnered with Florida Atlantic for its Lane Kiffin football camp on June 2 in Boca Raton. Texas landed four-star inside linebacker Ayodele Adeoye out of IMG Academy (Fla.) last cycle and are in on several prospects in the Sunshine State, including Noah Cain, Trey Sanders and Rian Davis. Texas will also host a pair of satellite camps in Los Angeles, one in St. Louis and and participate in in-state satellite camps in Commerce, Dallas, Houston, Marshall and San Marcos. The Longhorns will have a pair of on-campus camps as well.

This is false and you should be tortured for suggesting it.

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Apparently Javonne Shepherd told Hamm in an interview that his top 3 schools in order are Alabama, Texas, and A&M.

Bama' already has 3 OT commits.  Dunno' if any project to Guard though.

Perroni has back tracked from aggy-lock to saying it wouldn't surprise him if Shepherd ended up at any of the 3 mentioned above.