Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

12 minutes ago, Machinator said:

If Leal and NaNa were Horns right now, would be pursuing Mpagi? At some point in the fall, quite possible. In June? Probably not.

Hard to say, of our remaining targets, Zach williams is my favorite and I hope we’re still in front for him. He’s been blowing up quite a bit lately so idk of his favorites have changed.

Mpagi is a little tough to evaluate. He obviously has the frame and seems to have a knack for understanding how to play the position, so he’s got real potential for growth, but his film is not very useful because he’s a take based on potential progress, not current level of play. I think @golfclap said he hasn’t been paying long and hasn’t been lifting weights much and I know he had a bad injury his sophomore year, so the whole late bloomer/high ceiling potential is there. A lot of him being a take depends on a personal eval and his work ethic. It seems like those are both good, but kind of have to defer to the staff on that. They’ve shown to be good at Evals so far.

like CTJ said, taking a bunch of guys like him (or a class of Sweat, Williams, Mpagi and who knows who else) won’t get us to titles, but we have to get to 10 wins, hell even 8 fucking wins, before we get there.

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I assume he's an engineer. tokamak is an engineer, I assume. Huck is an engineer. texifornia is what, a lawyer? Not sure what fatkid is, but he's one of the three. The way you disappeared around tax season, I assumed you were a tax lawyer. Anyway, it's catnip and someone will not be able to hold off addressing it. 

gif+1.gif

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I assume he's an engineer. tokamak is an engineer, I assume. Huck is an engineer. texifornia is what, a lawyer? Not sure what fatkid is, but he's one of the three. The way you disappeared around tax season, I assumed you were a tax lawyer. Anyway, it's catnip and someone will not be able to hold off addressing it. 

I am actually also curious what texifornia is, don’t think it’s a lawyer. I know what Katfid is but I’ll let him decide if he wants to say.

I would rather be the janitor at Warehime’s favorite Whataburger than a tax lawyer.

Edited by UT Lawnghorn

IT visitor list for this weekend

WEEKEND VISITOR LIST (final draft)

Rian Davis, Wekiva (Apopka, FL) - LB (2019) OV: The former Texas resident (Clear Lake) is making his way to the 40 Acres this weekend for an official visit. Since moving back to Florida, he's become enamored with the Sunshine State and SEC talk. Georgia looks to have the early advantage, so Herman and Orlando have work to do.

Lewis Cine, Trinity Chrisitian (Cedar Hill) - S (2019) OV: The 6-foot-2, 180-pound safety moved to Texas from Connecticut in the off-season and is already enjoying the Lone Star state. He has a lot of Midwest and East Coast schools clamoring for his signature, including Penn State who two weeks ago. He holds 30+ offers and would be a great fit in Austin, especially if top targets Jalen Catalon and Chris Adimora join the fray.

Javonne Shepherd, Houston North Forest - OT (2019) (maybe): See below.

Kenyatta Watson II, Grayson (GA) - CB (2019) TEXAS: One of the nation's top corners made his commitment to UT in early May after invitations from almost every major program in CFB. He's coming back to the ATX with his recruiting savvy and floaties.

Roschon Johnson, Port Neches-Groves - QB (2019) TEXAS: It wouldn't be a big recruiting weekend without the #fUTure19's first pledge. RJ commands respect with a quiet confidence and is bringing his Texas-offered left tackle with him.

Jaylen Garth, Port Neches-Groves - OL (2020): The newly offered offensive lineman is on the verge of blowing up. Alabama offers tend to do that, even if they're "offers." He's transformed his body since last season and will only get bigger and stronger. He's excited about this trip. Visiting campus with offer in hand tends to offer a different perspective. We'd be surprised if long-term he wasn't a Longhorn.

Jermaine Johnson, Independence CC (KS) - LB/DE (2019): The JUCO defender is near the top of the target list because of his ability to come in and play at a high level early. He's versatile enough to play B-Backer or WDE. Texas offered early for a reason. Sell him on Texas being the short-stint in AAA before the Majors.

Mookie Cooper, Trinity Catholic (MO) - APB (2020): Lightning in a bottle, Cooper is eager to see what Austin is all about. He has major programs like Alabama, Michigan, and Ohio State filing in line for visits. The Texas staff has built a solid relationship with the 5-foot-9, 185-pound all-purpose back. 2020 QB commit Hudson Card will be his chauffeur. That's smart.

Hudson Card, Lake Travis - QB (2020) TEXAS:Speaking of UT's lone 2020 pledge, Card will be making his first return to campus since his commitment. Between he and Roschon, the QB position will have great representation with fellow recruits.

Demond Demas, Houston North Forest - WR (2020):Already a freak before taking a junior snap, the 6-foot-3 wideout has everything you covet in an outside receiver; speed, size, and hands. He'll have 40 offers and be a 5-star before he graduates. He's the second best player in his class.

Zach Evans, GP North Shore - RB (2020) (maybe): The #1 player in his class says he's trying to make it in this weekend. With as many times as he's been on campus, it's clear Texas is in great early positioning. He recently camped for coaches, including Tom Herman and Stan Drayton. Hopefully he can make it to town to cool off.

Taurean Carter, Mansfield Legacy - DL (2019): Texas offered Carter after he impressed Craig Naivar during Catalon's spring game at Legacy. His offer list is quietly impressive - Clemson, Florida, Michigan State - and at 6-foot-3, 265, he's got the frame and disposition to play the interior in Todd Orlando's schemes. Being teammates with Catalon doesn't hurt.

Chad Lindberg, Clear Creek - OL (2020): Lindberg projects as the best lineman in a very good class. He's smart, strong, and a take for any cycle. His brother will enroll at Texas in the fall, but Texas needs to be on the lookout for Stanford.

David Gbenda, Katy Cinco Ranch - LB (2019): Gbenda has the athleticism and upside to be a ball-player at the D1 level. He might be the DaShaun White of this cycle, but hopefully not inking with the Sooners. Linebackers are in short supply.

Chris Thompson, Duncanville - DB (2020): The nation's top rated safety for his class has made it clear he could see himself at Texas. He's in no hurry for a decision, but after seeing Austin twice this spring, getting him back on campus is a positive.

Jared Wiley, Temple - TE (2019) TEXAS: Wiley made sure the Temple-to-Texas pipeline continues to flow. The multi-sport athlete has the frame and ability to be a player after a few seasons with Yancy McKnight. We expect a breakout year for Wiley.

Maninoa Tufono, Punahou (HI) - ILB (2019): From the same high school as Manti Te'o, we'd probably predict him to end up at the same school mostpredicted Te'o to end up: USC. People were wrong then; maybe they'll be wrong now. After visiting Texas he'll see LSU on 6/19 and Alabama on 6/22.

Ja'Quinden Jackson, Duncanville (TX) - ATH (2020):The quarterback from DFW projects to WR in college and he's perfectly content with that evaluation. Texas looks really good here, just like with his teammate Thompson. I expect a breakout junior campaign from Jackson.

Peter Mpagi, George Ranch (Richmond, TX) - WDE (2019): The newest Texas offer might be the next commitment for the class of 2019. That Longhorn offer means a lot for the 6-foot-4, 225 weakside end. UT looks great here.

Hunter Dunn, Tomball - QB (2020): The tall signal-caller is a quarterback to watch in the future. Big kid, big arm, big potential.

T'Vondre Sweat, Huntsville - DL (2019) TEXAS: The UT pledge that's least talked about will make it back on campus.

Alec Bryant, Shadow Creek - DL (2019): Texas isn't inviting just anyone in this weekend. Bryant is also a priority. He moves well, plays heavy-handed, and is young for his grade.

LOST SHEEP TO SHEPHERD

Come in, Shepherd.

Please come in, Shepherd!

SHEPHERD!!!!

Waylon: Now (Jim)Bo and Brew really got themselves in a fix this time...

This has been a wild recruitment to try and chronicle. Most of our chronicling has been done in private because the red yarn is all over the place and we don't want to take y'all on that wild ride through Hazzard County. Anyone who pretends to know the mind of the 6-foot-6, 315-pound franchise lineman is kidding themselves. What we do know is Texas currently has the lead for the four-star from H-town. He's said as much but A&M's desperation to get him back in Brazos County indicates as much too. Could that lead change? Yes. Recall there are plenty of people who realize he'll need to be recruited through the whistle if he does commit. Getting him back on campus would be a major step in securing his pledge but there will still be a long way to go. This recruitment could drive a man to the Boar's Nest for some colbeer.

10 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

I am actually also curious what texifornia is, don’t think it’s a lawyer. I know what Katfid is but I’ll let him decide if he wants to say.

I would rather be the janitor at Warehime’s favorite Whataburger than a tax lawyer.

3l20.gif

Neither engineer nor lawyer

Edited by texifornia

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I don't track them well, and I'm not entirely sure Carrington does either. I'm sure one of the resident lawyers or accountants or engineers who jack off to tracking these things at menial levels will come along to explain shortly. This subject matter is always like a batman signal for them.

See, this is not the way to get people to do work for you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I don't track them well, and I'm not entirely sure Carrington does either. I'm sure one of the resident lawyers or accountants or engineers who jack off to tracking these things at menial levels will come along to explain shortly. This subject matter is always like a batman signal for them.

Didn't you just jump someone's shit a few weeks ago about daring to question your perceived order  of the "shh" emojis at that particular time?

• Like 7

I don't know.... "Tax Lawyers" have come in pretty handy for me before. 

Of course, if it weren't for the other tax lawyers, one would never need a tax lawyer, but I digress. 

I do like the "shhhh" thing, however.. even though I never understand what or to whom it is referring, nor do I understand "Twitter" in general ... I do understand that it is a perfect illustration of new energy vs. the "I should have hung it up years ago patheticness" of one "Station is lit" Timmy Brewster 

Edited by TtomTerrific
not sure if "patheticness" is a word

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

I linked in to your mom's butthole last night.

Not funny. His mom died 15 years ago from a colonoscopy gone bad, while checking for cancer she didn’t have. She’d written articles for Penthouse for decades, which helped educate many Surly posters and played a vital role in their future.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Not funny. His mom died 15 years ago from a colonoscopy gone bad, while checking for cancer she didn’t have. She’d written articles for Penthouse for decades, which helped educate many Surly posters and played a vital role in their future.

That explains why her b-hole was surprisingly loose.

1 hour ago, Orange^White said:

Didn't you just jump someone's shit a few weeks ago about daring to question your perceived order  of the "shh" emojis at that particular time?

I mean, it’s on this thread if you want to go find it, and, no, I didn’t “jump someone’s shit” unless you’re some sort of emotional little girl who can’t handle it when the adults in the room use a semi-serious tone. I was as dismissive then on the thread of the total count as I am now. I made the point that Smith and Adimora were both shhh’s at various points, irrespective of how we’re actually counting.  I stand by that now. But as to how many and what not, like I said, I am not really sure Carrington is paying that much attention to whether he’s got it all covered. 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

NOM has questions around him. Texas wanted him, but he wasn't separated from the pack the way some folks seem to believe. He was making an early decision, and he was good enough to lay it all out for, but he wasn't choice A while Mpagi is choice F. Recruits are always rising and falling in America. 

If I weren't a neverrepper, I would totally rep you for this.

• Like 1