Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Well, I guess we’re going to find out how real or false my side of things is. I stand by my long held position and been told there’s no reason to puss out now. I’ve owned this for 4 months, right or wrong. 

Are you referencing Adimora or EJ being a trainer lapboy?

E.J. Holland: Five Texas recruiting thoughts from State 7v7

1. The future — I saw four-star 2020 Texas quarterback commit Hudson Cardin two games today, and he was absolutely dominant. Card is growing more and more comfortable in the pocket after spending most of last season at wide receiver and is a natural passer. Card was consistently accurate throughout the day, threw some nice deep balls and was able to fit some balls in tight windows. Card has adequate arm strength but will need to continue to add weight to his frame. When he does, watch out. Card has the potential to be a special player, and he is becoming more and more of a vocal leader for the Longhorns on the recruiting trail.

2. Tough evaluation — I had an opportunity to see Texas tight end commit Jared Wiley at his spring game earlier this offseason but didn’t get a true evaluation since he only played quarterback. I did think Wiley moved well for his size and showed a lot of athletic upside. This setting was even worse for evaluation purposes. Wiley was unable to run due to 7v7 rules and stayed in the pocket all day. The three-star prospect did not see any time as a receiver. For now, he simply remains an intriguing take.

3. A late take — Rising Midlothian Heritage wide receiver Langston Anderson wants to make another cut late this summer but will likely take his recruitment into December. Texas is perfectly fine with that. If things aren’t looking up for priority targets on the outside late in the fall, Anderson would be a fine take. He has solid hands, an explosive burst and is improving every time I see him. Anderson was one of the more impressive players at the state tournament and led Midlothian Heritage to the DII championship.

4. DB city — Some of the best defensive backs in the nation in the 2020 class will reside in the Dallas-area, making it even more important for Texas to improve its efforts in DFW. Four-star Hebron safety Darius Snow is already a priority target and was one of the best players in College Station today. Four-star cornerback Dwight McGlothern, who was hanging out at the event, recently transferred to Trinity Christian Cedar Hill and has the Longhorns in his top group early on. Dallas is also home to Chris Thompson, the country’s top 2020 safety, and four-star cornerbacks RJ Mickens and Lorando Johnson.

5. QB city — The talent at the quarterback position in Dallas in the 2021 class is absolutely sick. Texas doesn’t like offering really early, but the Longhorns put a scholarship on the table for Parish Episcopal’s Preston Stone, which speaks volumes. Texas has also hosted Trinity Christian Cedar Hill’s Shedeur Sanders, who holds multiple P5 offers. Denton Guyer’s Eli Stowers was fantastic in College Station today and has the most upside of the three. While he hasn’t started a varsity game, he already holds a handful of P5 offers. This trio is special.

11 minutes ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

How the fuck does he afford a Merc. Pretty sure.i make way more that whatever he's making as a teen follower but after retirement and savings barely make it to live decent life.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

$330 a month - not too bad

https://www.mbofbrooklyn.com/lease-specials.htm?keyword=%2Bc %2Bclass %2Blease&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1NzZBRCoARIsAIaMwuuhO2KkHwzUWuvP5i4232j6WlAIdMvf6ngmxtvbdB5rIrgNQJvRtAMaAnaEEALw_wcB

On 6/28/2018 at 10:47 AM, utfan87 said:

What is the TFB write up about Texas leading for elite oos wr?

Why does everyone assume that since you own a Mercedes you have to have money? Drives me crazy when people post comments that someone on the team is driving a benz or whatever. I had an a4 in my 20s and I was waiting tables. It can happen. 

2 hours ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

How the fuck does he afford a Merc. Pretty sure.i make way more that whatever he's making as a teen follower but after retirement and savings barely make it to live decent life.

He leases a C Class. Do you even Dallas, bro? Everyone making 30 to 40k does that. 

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I know McCoy wants to start out at WR and USC will have a spot no matter what but they do have 3 WR commits already and are predicted to get a 4th that's highly rated.

We are about to have 3 highly rated wr and then you add Wright. We would be in the same spot as USC

5 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

This is how you combat momentum. You take 3* and we will take 4*

Adimora and Houston in a weeks span and Sheppard and Caldwell could go down at any moment.  Would be hilarious if Herman got Sheppard to announce on the 4th right after Wolfe and Young commit to aggy.

Bro, do you even C-class? You can lease one of those for a pretty normal monthly payment, still don't like them.

Edit- n/m I see this has been covered already

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

He leases a C Class. Do you even Dallas, bro? Everyone making 30 to 40k does that. 

I remember when SydneyCarton was in his mid-20’s and came to work one day bragging to the rest of us that he’d purchased a Lexus.  I’m not a car guy and don’t pay any attention to them but I knew enough to know that a Lexus was above this cat’s pay grade. Right?

Wrong. I’m in the parking garage a few days later and I see this 6’3”+ mongrel trying to climb out of this tiny, bright purple, rice burner of a car. It looked like a tricked out Corolla. I am fairly certain he’d stolen some Lexus insignia and had it drilled into his car. Anyway, that’s when I figured out that someone “owning a Mercedes” or what have you could mean a wide range of things. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I remember when SydneyCarton was in his mid-20’s and came to work one day bragging to the rest of us that he’d purchased a Lexus.  I’m not a car guy and don’t pay any attention to them but I knew enough to know that a Lexus was above this cat’s pay grade. Right?

Wrong. I’m in the parking garage a few days later and I see this 6’3”+ mongrel trying to climb out of this tiny, bright purple, rice burner of a car. It looked like a tricked out Corolla. I am fairly certain he’d stolen some Lexus insignia and had it drilled into his car. Anyway, that’s when I figured out that someone “owning a Mercedes” or what have you could mean a wide range of things. 

*Used Lexus. And it was blue, motherfucker. 

The real irony of this is my previous vehicle had been an actual toyota Corolla. Oh to be 24 again. 

22 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

*Used Lexus. And it was blue, motherfucker. 

The real irony of this is my previous vehicle had been an actual toyota Corolla. Oh to be 24 again. 

It’s been a while, but I’m fairly certain it was bright purple. I mostly just remember the flames on the side. 

• Like 1