Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

1 hour ago, Ravishing Rick said:

Regarding Cain, it appears his other choices may not present him with good options to shine:

1. Georgia - Based on Cain's comments he wants strong OL play, he'd get it at UGA for sure, but he'll likely have to sit behind Zamir White for 3 years.  White was the nation's top RB last year.  

2. LSU - I expect them to under perform under Ed O.   Plus Emery Jr has a good chance to end up there.

3. Penn St - Distance has to be a factor, plus the fact that Ricky Slade (5 star RB) committed there last year, and they already have a 4 star back committed this year.

And White will not even be the starter. Their starter, Swift is just a sophomore this year. Suffice it say that Georgia is not his quickest path to early playing time. 

3 hours ago, satyanash said:

(E.J. Holland) The Opening Finals: Texas recruiting scoop from Day 1

Hide contents

FRISCO, Texas — Four-star IMG Academy (Fla.) running back Noah Cainchecked in at The Opening today, so we didn’t get to talk to him. However, we spoke to a source close to his recruitment that said Cain and his mother had a productive conversation with Texas head coach Tom Herman this week. We are also told that the Cain family continued to hammer home their main concern with UT — offensive line play. Remember, Cain is not going to make a decision until December, so it is imperative for Texas to get better up front and win some games. Texas is still high on Cain’s list, but he is also very interested in LSU, Penn State, Georgia and a couple of others.

— Five-star Mater Dei (Calif.) athlete Bru McCoy was all smiles when talking about Texas today. McCoy told me that he has built a great relationship with the UT staff and is very excited about getting back down to Austin for his official visit on September 15 when the Longhorns take on USC — yes, that is going to be a monster recruiting weekend for Texas. McCoy added that Texas commit and friend De’Gabriel Floyd recruits him every single day. While USC appears to have the lead, Texas is certainly making things interesting.

— Fast-rising wide receiver Jaylen Ellis remains committed to Baylor, but he is still continuing to weigh all his options. In fact, Ellis is going to make all of his official visits and will not shut things down until late in the process. Texas recently offered Ellis, and the Longhorns remain in his top group. Ellis said he has a solid relationship with Texas wide receivers coach Drew Mehringer and hopes to get back on campus for a visit after the dead period. If Texas makes a strong push this fall, it could be enough to get him onboard.

— Texas put an offer on the table for four-star Calabasas (Calif.) wide receiver Mycah Pittman earlier this offseason. Mehringer has been in contact with Pittman and is trying to convince him to make a visit. However, there isn’t much here. Pittman told me he felt like the offer came a bit too late and added that he is close to making a decision. Oregon seems like the most likely landing destination.

— Texas is still looking for outside wide receivers, and it appears the Longhorns are circling back to four-star Mater Dei (Calif.) wide receiver Braedin Huffman-Dixon. He made a commitment to Colorado last month but visited Texas in the spring and told me he is still hopeful an offer will come his way. Huffman-Dixon said Mehringer reached out a couple of days ago and is eager to have a conversation with him at some point this coming week.

Reveal hidden contents

Fast-rising wide receiver Jaylen Ellis

According to my 9.95 thesaurus, this means Jaylen Ellis is jumping 2 grades this summer? 

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’m sorry, but how is Adimora supposed to be committing today when there hasn’t been a new “shhh” emoji from a one Bryan The Baron Carrington?

I was wondering about this. Is there one shhh emoji still in the bank from a few weeks ago?

edit: nm @Machinator was on it

Edited by Chopper

16 minutes ago, roquentin said:

These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

- Thomas Paine

Neat quote. And?

1 minute ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Definitely don't want this guy if he's already showing bad character by being late. Just too risky at this point. 

I focus instead on some quality in state 2-3*. 

Doesn't have the promptness needed to make it in the Big 12