Texas recruiting notes 2019

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Herman probably coming to Taylor vs. Mayde Creek. 

Why do so many people use tapa instead of just their browser? Y'all complain about it constantly.

I've quietly had this question as well. I'm sure there are benefits, but I'm ignorant of them

Edited by KYHorn

1 hour ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Am I the only person who wants Bru at linebacker? Man, him and Floyd would be sweeeeeeeet.

Pretty much everyone would prefer him at linebacker, but his heart is set on WR, and he'd be outstanding there too, so let him be a stud WR who pass rushes on obvious passing situations 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I like that we're expanding Jason Washington's coverage area. He's becoming what people thought Stan Drayton would be.

I See What Yah Did There.....

giphy.gif

Nice outlook for Georgia Recruiting with Washington.....

Texas has an opportunity to continue to cherry pick Georgia for years to come. Remember, Washington is arguably the best recruiter on UT’s staff, both Buford and Grayson constantly produce P5 level talent and Kenyatta Watson’s father is one of the most prominent recruiting figures in the south as he serves as an Under Armour All-America Game ambassador. That’s quite the recipe for success.

Edited by LTtxfan

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

I See What Yah Did There.....

giphy.gif

Nice outlook for Georgia Recruiting with Washington.....

Texas has an opportunity to continue to cherry pick Georgia for years to come. Remember, Washington is arguably the best recruiter on UT’s staff, both Buford and Grayson constantly produce P5 level talent and Kenyatta Watson’s father is one of the most prominent recruiting figures in the south as he serves as an Under Armour All-America Game ambassador. That’s quite the recipe for success.

So Mr. Watson is a semi-legitimate, Georgia version of Footwork King? Does he have a slightly better version of Hamm as a side kick? 

2 hours ago, Fud said:

Pretty much everyone would prefer him at linebacker, but his heart is set on WR, and he'd be outstanding there too, so let him be a stud WR who pass rushes on obvious passing situations 

In your opinion, is the more polished/lower upside Mike Evans comparison legit? 

15 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

In your opinion, is the more polished/lower upside Mike Evans comparison legit? 

I think stylistically, Bru is a quicker and more yard after the catch guy, while Evans is a play above the rim guy 

Just now, pacman said:

Anybody know if Dan Neil's son might walkon like Brockemeyer's kid?

Wonder if he could handle another 40 pounds on his frame and become an oline contributor in a couple of years.

Dan writes a weekly column on Horns 247. Very well written and insightful. I get the vibe that Dan would entertain it. They seem to really respect the process and the regional schools recruiting his son. I could easily see his son at a place like Rice. 

54 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So Mr. Watson is a semi-legitimate, Georgia version of Footwork King? Does he have a slightly better version of Hamm as a side kick? 

TFB wrote:

"Watson’s dad isn’t just your typical parent of a recruit though. He coaches and is the recruiting coordinator at Grayson HS, a powerhouse in Georgia.

In Grayson’s 2019 class, they have recruits committed to Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Texas, Florida State, Texas A&M, Nebraska, North Carolina, and more. Watson is also on the Under Armour All-American game selection committee."

His Twitter:

Coach K Watson
@therealkwat
3Step Sports / UA SouthEast Recruiting Coordinator/ UA All America Game Selection/Committee Grayson HS Recruiting Coordinator/ THE SHOW Selection Committee
Grayson GA

11 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Can't for at least 2 years, I believe.

And we wouldn't be able to recruit any players he's connected to for two years 

I'd rather him being a Texas fan in the middle of Georgia high school powerhouse football 

• Like 4

We should just do it and flip the finger towards the NCAA.  Those toothless fucks can't accomplish shit to begin with.  Selective and arbitrary enforcement of rules will be their demise once a school finally and publicly says fuck off.  

I’m in...fuck off Hamm! Not you Mrs. Hamm, crawl back under the sheets.
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

You're a shitty Troll.

ha!  I promise I am not a troll.  I am the same "mop" that posted on Hornfans, ShaggyBevo, ShaggyTexas and now here....I am a UT grad and a huge UT fan who has been following recruiting since 1995 or so.  I was really hoping we could get Leal interested.  Of course, if eggy keeps winning, I don't expect him to regardless of how well we do. But i keep hoping laggy takes a couple of losses and we find a way to win the big 12. I wonder if that would be enough to make him interested.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

ha!  I promise I am not a troll.  I am the same "mop" that posted on Hornfans, ShaggyBevo, ShaggyTexas and now here....I am a UT grad and a huge UT fan who has been following recruiting since 1995 or so.  I was really hoping we could get Leal interested.  Of course, if eggy keeps winning, I don't expect him to regardless of how well we do. But i keep hoping laggy takes a couple of losses and we find a way to win the big 12. I wonder if that would be enough to make him interested.
SUCH a troll. Your reply sounds like every other aggy who comes on here pretending to be a texas fan.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, mop said:

You're really not very good at this this. I can appreciate a good troll, but a Blindergarten troll? Weak.

4 minutes ago, DeadSalamander said:

SUCH a troll. Your reply sounds like every other aggy who comes on here pretending to be a texas fan.

mop is who he says he is. If you had any familiarity at all with posters on Hornfans and the subsequent sites, you would know that.

• Like 2