Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

TCU mod

Monday VIP Recruiting Notes

VIP ByJEREMY CLARK 11 hours ago

TCU still has a commitment from Kennedy Lewis – at the moment. Recent crystal balls have been flipping toward Texas on Monday. I’ve flipped my crystal ball as well after what I’ve heard on my end. TCU was aware Lewis was visiting Texas for an official weekend and was fine with it. As of Monday mid-afternoon, Lewis had not spoken with TCU following the visit. However, another source told me that Lewis could be decommitting from TCU by Wednesday at the latest. Again, this will not come as a shock to the TCU coaches.

- Peyton Powell is still an option as well but it looks like Texas made a huge impression while Powell was in town for an official visit. The three schools that I hear are Texas, Ohio State and TCU. It appears Texas is recruiting him as an athlete but offense is where he could ultimately end up if he chooses Texas. Ohio State is recruiting as a defensive back and TCU likes Powell as a receiver.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

TCU better be packing their shit for the Big 12 cellar.  Kansas and Baylor must be excited for a new friend to join them.  

We just beat Baylor by 6 points at home with a last-minute stop inside the redzone. Let's not start sucking our dicks quite yet. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Machinator said:

DplcVBYU0AE_MeF.jpg

Haha...so, per this guy, Herman's entire recruiting strategy is based on player evaluations made by coaches not on his staff (because he doesn't trust the guys he hired), with whom he does not discuss recruiting, for the sole purpose of damaging the potential of one specific conference foe. 

Seems reasonable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Haha...so, per this guy, Herman's entire recruiting strategy is based on player evaluations made by coaches not on his staff (because he doesn't trust the guys he hired), with whom he does not discuss recruiting, for the sole purpose of damaging the potential of one specific conference foe. 

Seems reasonable. 

#mensa

• Like 1

Henderson recently went to the doctor’s office and was told he still has room to grow, which could see him grow to 6-foot-6 or taller. According to Devils Digest, too, the 17-year old currently has a 7-4 wingspan and 12-inch hands.

He’s listed as a center by 247Sports and as an offensive tackle in his Twitter bio, but Henderson played four games on defense his junior season. He returned one interception for 53 yards, while gathering seven tackles and defending four passes. He also returned three kickoffs for 62 yards.

https://www.houseofsparky.com/2018/6/21/17489708/asu-football-texas-offensive-lineman-ladarius-henderson-commits-to-sun-devils

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, futureman said:

that’s pretty hilarious considering the biggest hands in the fucking NFL aren’t 12 inches.

the biggest hands ever measured at the combine weren’t 12 inches.  fake news. 

True and likely the kid isn't measuring to the NFL standards, having said that if he's got a larger than 7' wingspan, it's not out of the realm of possibility. 

I mean, Giannis is 6'11" and has a 7'3" wingspan and his hands are 12" thumb-to-pinky combine style ... 

giannis-hand.jpgrachel-nichols-giannis-antetokounmpo-han

11 minutes ago, golfclap said:

True and likely the kid isn't measuring to the NFL standards, having said that if he's got a larger than 7' wingspan, it's not out of the realm of possibility. 

I mean, Giannis is 6'11" and has a 7'3" wingspan and his hands are 12" thumb-to-pinky combine style ... 

giannis-hand.jpgrachel-nichols-giannis-antetokounmpo-han

That’s 24 cm, which is about 9.5 inches. 

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

This is this year’s Christian Jones that I alluded to last week. He’s a high school player at Sugar Land Dulles, unless I am botching  my memory. They’ve got a lot of high upside under recruited OLs on the radar now. 

1 minute ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Jake Smith's numbers so far.  32 TDs by mid October:

78 carries for 660 yards and 14 TD’s (8.4 YPC)
37 receptions for 836 yards and 17 TD’s (22.5 YPC)
He also has a return TD.

32 TDs total.

He’s gonna be a heisman contender here, I feel like he is so slept on with the national analysts

7 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Jake Smith's numbers so far.  32 TDs by mid October:

78 carries for 660 yards and 14 TD’s (8.4 YPC)
37 receptions for 836 yards and 17 TD’s (22.5 YPC)
He also has a return TD.

32 TDs total.

He needs to work on his return game

• Like 4
  • Haha 1