Texas recruiting notes 2019

41 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

ACL doesn’t always affect a career, but plenty of guys are a step slow after finishing rehab. It sounds like Catalon had a combined meniscus tear and ACL tear but only had the meniscus addressed at his first surgery. This is not standard. It can happen in rare cases when the MRI doesn’t show the ACL tear, guarding limits the physical examination, and only surgery reveals it. More than one knee surgery within 6 months can lead to more stiffness long-term. It sounds like Catalon is a good fit at nickel without another comp available— probably worth taking a flier. Call it circa 80% that he gets back to pre-injury level.

I have a friend who had knee surgery in the mid-late '80s to remove some cartilage in his knee, but when the doctor opened it up, he noticed that his ACL wasn't connected. They hadn't planned for an ACL repair, so he had to have a second surgery a few weeks later.

This was long before MRIs though. Two knee surgeries for one knee would suck. Best of luck to him no matter where he goes, but it might be a signal to focus on baseball. (Either way, I hope that he "takes his talents to the University of Texas".)

8 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So Patterson sucks, but Jimbo doesn't? Hot take indeed. 

I think that what they're saying is that A$M is paying so much for recruits now that Jimbo is there that you can't pull them away from A$M, but since TCU doesn't pay anything close to what A$M pays, Texas can come in and take recruits without breaking the bank. (Or not even paying at all.)

I think that everyone is hip to what's goin' down in The $tation! (HINT: It'$ more than ju$t being a lit farming town.)

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 2

Bible Aggy ain't much better folks. There's a long thread on sicem365 about how none of the Texas fans graduated from UT. Some God fearing, Christian woman/Baylor fan randomly interviewed Texas fans in the cheap seats and of course filmed it on social media. 

The most Aggy of all of the Aggy Arguments. Texas' fanbase is 95% t shirt fans. 

I guess somebody had to fill in the void after Aggy left the conference. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

Bible Aggy ain't much better folks. There's a long thread on sicem365 about how none of the Texas fans graduated from UT. Some God fearing, Christian woman/Baylor fan randomly interviewed Texas fans in the cheap seats and of course filmed it on social media. 
Isnt baylor rape aggy?

35 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Hey man you expect a bear to understand high admission standards?

2 minutes ago, Get ln My Van said:

The funny thing about TCU is how irrelevant they are in DFW. I grew up in Denton and we never once considered giving a shit about TCU, even when they were Top 5. We cared more about watching local highschool football and the UNT-SMU game than we did about TCU.

Denton is not DFW.