Texas recruiting notes 2019

53 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I'm just not going to get my dick hard over this Sanders talk, but perhaps I need to refill my prescription.  I think the best we can hope for at this point is for another Tre Watson to fall in our laps. 

Maybe one of those horses grazing in Bama's pasture will get tired of watching and decide to jump the fence to greener Texas pastures.

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

I can't wait to see whether we're going to miss out on another RB this cycle, so I can decide how to feel about this news.

Why wait?  To wit...

what does this tell us about the state of our program and coaching staff when the rb coach can’t even land a head coaching job at a MAC school???!!!

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

QB - done

RB - desperately need a second guy, preferably someone who can play early

OT - done, assuming Hookfin is in

Interior OL - desperately need someone, including a player who can contribute immediately (and preferably at center)

TE - done

Outside WR - Need a second guy, maybe not desperate depending on who returns next season. If Washington flips this becomes desperate.

Inside WR - done

DE - done, assuming Warren signs

DT - done, based on the way this staff approaches interior DL recruiting and development

LB - done, assuming Caleb Johnson is in

Outside corner - done, assuming whatever nonsense Kenyatta Watson Sr. had going on has been resolved

Nickel - Need, whether or not this is urgent depends on how you feel about someone like Chris Adimora

Field/Boundary Safety - done

Special teams - need competition at punter, but probably not going to address it with a scholarship this cycle

Guessing Tyler Owens is a Boundary Safety??

Question for all:  How do Tyler Owens & Peyton Powell compare?? 

https://247sports.com/Player/Tyler-Owens-46049296/

https://247sports.com/Player/Peyton-Powell-46055198/

Edited by LTtxfan

Talked to some people who know things earlier today so here's a quick update: 

The decision for Powell to decommit was completely the staff's idea. He ever even really had a commitable offer. The staff just let him say he was committed because they're nice guys, so really, when you think about it, this is a win for UT because it shows other recruits that our staff are good guys. 

Kind of the same thing with Mike Williams. He never actually had an offer from UT. He just showed up on the first day of practice and the coaches never said anything because it would have been super awkward. Mike recently figured out that he wasn't on the team and apologized to the coaches. Everyone had a good laugh about it, Mike included. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Talked to some people who know things earlier today so here's a quick update: 

The decision for Powell to decommit was completely the staff's idea. He ever even really had a commitable offer. The staff just let him say he was committed because they're nice guys, so really, when you think about it, this is a win for UT because it shows other recruits that our staff are good guys. 

Kind of the same thing with Mike Williams. He never actually had an offer from UT. He just showed up on the first day of practice and the coaches never said anything because it would have been super awkward. Mike recently figured out that he wasn't on the team and apologized to the coaches. Everyone had a good laugh about it, Mike included. 

You left out the part where his parents received the bill for the first semester.

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

I'm just not going to get my dick hard over this Sanders talk, but perhaps I need to refill my prescription.  I think the best we can hope for at this point is for another Tre Watson to fall in our laps. 

That would be great- a ready to contribute work horse RB, not your hard dick. 

55 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I thought this was nice until the jab at end. I wish him the best. He’s got talent but if you put the ball on the rug I don’t think anyone is going to give him negativity about leaving. Sitting on a scholarship for 3 years and being too much of a liability to trust with meaningful carries is in no ones best interest. 

44 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

"We fixed the glitch."

7 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

He’s Asian?!?

Also his dad was driving him to practice one time and they got in a serious car accident. When Mike got to the hospital the doctor said "I can't operate on him, he's my son" because it was his mom you misogynist bastard because women can be doctors too sometimes. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Also his dad was driving him to practice one time and they got in a serious car accident. When Mike got to the hospital the doctor said "I can't operate on him, he's my son" because it was his mom you misogynist bastard because women can be doctors too sometimes. 

2woke4me