Texas recruiting notes 2019

I think closetojumping said it best about Leal:  not really any interest in aggy and is just being nice because they've recruited him a while and is using this weekend as his OV so he can get it over with and never set foot in that place again.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

Wilson is officially visiting tOSU this weekend. Their Spring Game is this Saturday. 

OV to Texas 20th - 22nd. He says he'll commit shortly after. It's not ideal he's coming in on Spring Game weekend, but given his proximity he can show up early and stay late. Herman and staff should be give him plenty of attention.  If he's still on campus Sunday night,  I like our chances. 

6 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Wilson is officially visiting tOSU this weekend. Their Spring Game is this Saturday. 

OV to Texas 20th - 22nd. He says he'll commit shortly after. It's not ideal he's coming in on Spring Game weekend, but given his proximity he can show up early and stay late. Herman and staff should be give him plenty of attention.  If he's still on campus Sunday night,  I like our chances. 

Uh oh I thought you were saying this recruitment is over now you're not sounding so certain 

7 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So he is officialling during both school's Spring Games. I don't see it as a problem. If he were getting a full red-carpet at OSU and a time-constrained visit here, it would be a problem. He gets more of an apples-to-apples comparison this way. His OSU visit could be limited by his flight times, while here he hopefully stays until the last minute of the allotted time. Unfortunately it looks it will be relatively nice temperature-wise in Columbus this weekend, though rain is in the Saturday forecast. They are only hitting 45 today.

1 minute ago, rickyspub said:

So he is officialling during both school's Spring Games. I don't see it as a problem. If he were getting a full red-carpet at OSU and a time-constrained visit here, it would be a problem. He gets more of an apples-to-apples comparison this way. His OSU visit could be limited by his flight times, while here he hopefully stays until the last minute of the allotted time. Unfortunately it looks it will be relatively nice temperature-wise in Columbus this weekend, though rain is in the Saturday forecast. They are only hitting 45 today.

Wilson is from Columbus. He's fully aware the weather stinks in Ohio. 

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

Wilson is from Columbus. He's fully aware the weather stinks in Ohio. 

I lived a number of years in the Northeast, but I hadn't been back up there for a winter in over a decade. I was back up there this January and it was a fucking shock when I got hit by a moderate wind gust at 28 degrees! I don't know how often he gets back up to Columbus, but a Spring Game at 45 degrees with rain, couldn't have been a plus.

31 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I think closetojumping said it best about Leal:  not really any interest in aggy and is just being nice because they've recruited him a while and is using this weekend as his OV so he can get it over with and never set foot in that place again.

But don’t tell aggy. We know their 9.95ers won’t.  Hype machine already heating up. 

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

But don’t tell aggy. We know their 9.95ers won’t.  Hype machine already heating up. 

I can't wait until the "aggy knocked it out of the park, rolled out the red carpet, so and so was working on him all weekend, he was wowed by the facilities, Jimbo, turdition, squarely in the mix" article. 

Edited by Vertigo

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Excuse me, sir, but if the Sausage King of Chicago lacked initiative and commitment, he wouldn't have become the fucking Sausage King of Chicago.

Well, it was ousux who lacks the drive and initiative to become a day drunk, our local Sausage King is on board with also being the Sauce-age King though..

EJ said on his periscope that it looks like Demarvin Leal won’t make it to aggy this weekend for the spring game and his OV. Also said there are two other silent commits besides Carringtons shhh that we will find out within a month

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

EJ said on his periscope that it looks like Demarvin Leal won’t make it to aggy this weekend for the spring game and his OV. Also said there are two other silent commits besides Carringtons shhh that we will find out within a month

I pray that I never become enough (more?) of a recruiting degenerate to start watching EJ's periscope.

Edit: But also thanks for the info. 

Edited by UT Lawnghorn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

giphy.gif

Lulz. I was trying to not be an a-hole while also describing how awful watching EJ on periscope for recruiting info must be.  It appears I have failed.  Oh and for the record, I fully realize I am a recruiting degenerate already.

Edited by UT Lawnghorn
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Lulz. I was trying to not be an a-hole while also describing how awful watching EJ on periscope for recruiting info must be.  It appears I have failed.  Oh and for the record, I fully realize I am a recruiting degenerate already.

source.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

I pray that I never become enough (more?) of a recruiting degenerate to start watching EJ's periscope.

Edit: But also thanks for the info. 

It’s not an easy job but someone’s gotta do it and hell you sometimes get some good info to share with surly...between the talk of shitty clothing designers I’ve never heard of and complaining about chili’s/Starbucks 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Who's going to cause the most aggy tears out of Leal and Shepherd?

gotta be Sheperd. they expect him. They are trying to play spolier for Leal. and really dont expect to pull him. 

Sheperd, though? thats their guy! they already have his locker set up and everything. 

that would be the ultimate Jimbo nutshot. tears all around