Texas recruiting notes 2019

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Davis is a stud.  His film is legit.  Reminds me of Roach as you could put him as a stand up rush end, hand in the dirt, or a LB spot.  He's a take no matter what IMO.

He's a high priority for UT. There is no caveat or edit to that premise.

3 hours ago, Fud said:

With Floyd in the fold and Davis, Gbenda, Lakia Henry, and Tongue all listening to Texas to various degrees, you have to wonder how these guys are being prioritized. It seems unlikely that we'd take all five if all five wanted to come, but I could easily be wrong. 

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I can't remember where I read it, but Texas covets Davis. I think there's a lot of work behind the scenes we're not seeing. I wouldn't be surprised if he's No. 1 on their big board. 

I would take Davis, Gbenda, Henry and keep Tongue warm. 

Tongue plays at U Lab and has said he wants to play offense. Two big knocks against him. 

You guys are underestimating the interest in Tongue and overestimating LSU's pull on this one. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Get ln My Van said:

McCoy and Floyd would make me a happy camper, ya know, with my tent pitched and all.

Fucking gross. 

Edit: at least username name checks out

Edited by Viper
Username
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Fucking gross. 

Edit: at least username name checks out

Missed opportunity Viper.

Surly rules of engagement are written for your safety and for that of your team. They are not flexible, nor am I. Either obey them or you are history. Is that clear?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Dr.Dre said:

Missed opportunity Viper.

Surly rules of engagement are written for your safety and for that of your team. They are not flexible, nor am I. Either obey them or you are history. Is that clear?

dang, I always forget about Dre

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Think what he's saying is aggy thought he was visiting this past weekend when he wasn't and that he turned his visit this coming week to the spring game into his OV.

Yep apologies, it’s early. Cancelled his weekend visit to aggy and changed his UOV to the aggy spring game to an OV

Regarding DB, don't forget that we've bought a Jaden Davis lottery ticket as well. He apparently likes us enough to use one of his OVs on us.

Also, we don't talk about him much in this thread for obvious reasons, but we haven't/won't stop recruiting Brian Williams, correct?

55 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Yep apologies, it’s early. Cancelled his weekend visit to aggy and changed his UOV to the aggy spring game to an OV

Wait, he changed his UOV to an OV? Sounds like advantage aggy to me. Unfortunately we won't have Hamm's Crystal Balls to punch around here anymore.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

Wait, he changed his UOV to an OV? Sounds like advantage aggy to me. Unfortunately we won't have Hamm's Crystal Balls to punch around here anymore.

No I think it means he is using up his official when he originally wasn't so that means advantage us. I think the assumption is that he is trying to get it over with by switching visits. 

12 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Regarding DB, don't forget that we've bought a Jaden Davis lottery ticket as well. He apparently likes us enough to use one of his OVs on us.

Also, we don't talk about him much in this thread for obvious reasons, but we haven't/won't stop recruiting Brian Williams, correct?

I'm sure the staff won't give up, but Williams appears to be very secure in his commitment.

5 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

why would leal changing his aggy visit from uvo to ov visit make the asshat place a cb pick for texas?  shouldn't it be advantage aggy?

Coaches won’t have much time to devote to him due to all the game prep, other visitors, etc. Sounds like he’s almost blowing them off.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

why would leal changing his aggy visit from uvo to ov visit make the asshat place a cb pick for texas?  shouldn't it be advantage aggy?

Pretty early to be using that OV... he was going to come anyway so it probably means he is just getting it over with and making this trip free because he knows he won’t be coming back again.

Had this been an UV, they could always lure him back to take an OV later. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

You could read that he's turning 3 visits into 1.  

He was going to visit last weekend,  attend the spring game and then set up an official visit.  

Smart kid. 

Agreed. Smart people really don't need 3 visits to realize College Station sucks.

16 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Pretty early to be using that OV... he was going to come anyway so it probably means he is just getting it over with and making this trip free because he knows he won’t be coming back again.

Had this been an UV, they could always lure him back to take an OV later. 

That’s how I interpreted it. Maybe making mom or Dad happy that he is still going through the process and being thorough before pulling the trigger. Plus hard to roll out the full red carpet treatment during a spring game

8 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

They have literally all their commits on OV's too. I guess these coaches are banking on the kids doing their jobs for them.

Jimbo, that isn't how this works.

Well at least at the spring game they’ll be able to stand on the sidelines chatting with guys like Warrick Dunn and Deio...oh wait....shit

57 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

He was going to visit last weekend,  attend the spring game and then set up an official visit.  

Smart kid. 

That's what it looked like to me. If you're going to go anyway, you may as well be treated like a king and have the whole thing paid for.  I wouldn't be surprised if the A&M staff had to use the perqs of an OV just to get him into town. Who knows? Maybe it will work and get the recruit interested. Neither party has anything to lose.

I didn't think the post was that hard to understand.

59 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

Smart kid. 

In other words, one visit to college station is enough.  He seems like a cool and smart kid with the station being lit, on fire, or whatever the hell is going on there.

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Mase-Funa-45572564

Will OV to Texas, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee and Washington. No word on which weekend, yet.

I guess he's been to USC enough times that an OV is unwarranted? They've got to be all over this guy, right? I'm also surprised that BYU is getting an official. I'll take it either way.