Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

10 minutes ago, Scholz said:

If the aggys keep scheduling 3 pitiful high school teams OOC every year, their overall record will remain totally adequate.

This is accurate. They usually have 3 guaranteed wins of directional schools. (I am sure Northwestern State will really prepare them for Clemson this year.) But as long as Jumbo has more wins in his first season than Herman did in his, they will act like another NATTY was won.

18 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

This is accurate. They usually have 3 guaranteed wins of directional schools. (I am sure Northwestern State will really prepare them for Clemson this year.) But as long as Jumbo has more wins in his first season than Herman did in his, they will act like another NATTY was won.

Sure, but I guess I don't understand what you guys are seeing in order to feel like anything more than 6 wins is a probable outcome. Alabama, Clemson, Auburn, LSU, and Mississippi State are losses. Arkansas is a pick'em. South Carolina brings back a bunch of talent and a sophomore QB that just won 9 and beat Michigan in a bowl game. Kentucky is a regular bowl team now. I assume they'll roll UAB, but they were a bowl team last year and they've gone the juco/outlaw route for building the program, so they're taking chances that could pay off or cause an implosion.

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sure, but I guess I don't understand what you guys are seeing in order to feel like anything more than 6 wins is a probable outcome.

Coach Bilbo Boomhauer is coaching em up.  He's teaching eye level for his QB for God's sake!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Orange^White said:

I've read here (shaggy) that the aggies roster was shit and that they'd only win five games for the past three offseasons, yet they still win 8 every year. Maybe that will be the case this year and I will laugh hysterically if it is, but the broken record has skipped too many times for me to wholeheartedly agree with it.. 

Well, they only won 7 last year for one.

They schedule 3 free wins every year.

1 minute ago, Guest Ethan Walker said:

Seriously go read the last few pages of this “Texas recruiting thread”. 1/3 of it is about us. You guys have to let us go. We broke up with you many years ago. We’re in a better, stable conference, making a lot more money. Be happy for us. 

This is you letting Texas go?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Guest Ethan Walker said:

Seriously go read the last few pages of this “Texas recruiting thread”. 1/3 of it is about us. You guys have to let us go. We broke up with you many years ago. We’re in a better, stable conference, making a lot more money. Be happy for us. 

listen you dumb aggy, no way in hell you are making more money than us. and aggy only lives to enjoy the success of your conference mates, since you haven't won anything since the hitler,  idol of aggy, beat poland

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Guest Ethan Walker said:

The you have to let us go comment is funny coming from a person in a UT recruiting thread.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Guest Ethan Walker said:

Go check the "old rivalries" forum on texags. Also, go look at the latest revenue figures and eat your words.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Guest Ethan Walker said:

Serious question...  is there no mention of UT in the Aggy recruiting boards?

I’ll hang up and listen...

Edited by Heywood

Texas has set its first out-of-state summer satellite camp.

The Longhorns will be partnering with Lindenwood University for its Jed Stugart Mega Camp in early June in St. Louis, Missouri.

Texas is recruiting several prospects from the St. Louis-area, and landed four-star inside linebacker Ayodele Adeoye, who is a Missouri native but finished his high school career at IMG Academy in Florida, last cycle.

Texas will also hold in-state satellite camps in Commerce, Houston, Marshall and San Marcos. The Longhorns will have a pair of on-campus camps as well.

Expect Texas to continue to schedule out-of-state camps. The Longhorns made it out to Florida, Georgia and Nevada last year.

-- all via 247/EJ

Edited by golfclap
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

I feel like this thread is overrating arky chad

It's what we do.  First we made a boogieman out of Orgeron, and when that became untenable, we had to find a new savant recruiter.  With Arky Chad, we'll have to take what we can get.

• Like 1

I don't think ArkyChad is an elite recruiter. I do think that he was more than pissed about not getting at least a cursory interview much less being held at arm's length by Aggy during this coaching search. I think he'll do anything and everything to get wins vs. Aggy on the field and on the trail. He's also a very good football coach. I don't know how good he is as a CFB HC yet, but I know that his offensive prep/gameplanning is very good and that his offense will be hard to prepare for coming on the heels of Alabama. While they won't have the talent to matchup with Aggy h2h they are going to cause match-up problems at spots where Aggy lacks depth. (CB, LB). If Jimbo's 2nd slowest offense in the nation doesn't produce long drives that end in lots of 7s they are going to be in trouble. If they hit a stretch of 3 and outs (Mond) or have some turnovers (Starkel) -- Chad will find a weakness to exploit. 

Just now, Bigbend1812 said:

It’s the SEC way

indeed. saw this earlier today from The Rant -- 

Kentucky FB hasn't played a OOC P5 team other than Louisville/Indiana since they played at UNC on September 22, 1990 (28 years ago). Since then, they have not played a regular season game against a P5 team outside of the yearly Louisville (after their move to the ACC) and Indiana. 

Their future schedules are set through 2022 and have none. That will be 32 years and counting.

2 hours ago, Guest Ethan Walker said:

you’re fishing with dynamite.  make a real handle so I can rep you. 

30 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I don't think ArkyChad is an elite recruiter. I do think that he was more than pissed about not getting at least a cursory interview much less being held at arm's length by Aggy during this coaching search. I think he'll do anything and everything to get wins vs. Aggy on the field and on the trail. He's also a very good football coach. I don't know how good he is as a CFB HC yet, but I know that his offensive prep/gameplanning is very good and that his offense will be hard to prepare for coming on the heels of Alabama. While they won't have the talent to matchup with Aggy h2h they are going to cause match-up problems at spots where Aggy lacks depth. (CB, LB). If Jimbo's 2nd slowest offense in the nation doesn't produce long drives that end in lots of 7s they are going to be in trouble. If they hit a stretch of 3 and outs (Mond) or have some turnovers (Starkel) -- Chad will find a weakness to exploit. 

Arky Chad will take some shots down the field and against that slow secondary, he'll probably connect on a few.  Like you said, that game comes a week after aggy plays Bama'.  Chad and Chief will want that game more than any on the schedule.

5 hours ago, Scholz said:

If the aggys keep scheduling 3 pitiful high school teams OOC every year, their overall record will remain totally adequate.

Yes,  by all means,  let them keep thinking  they are doing great.  

Never let them think otherwise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Scholz said:

As stated before, aggy schedules these 3 patsies each year to insure a winning season and to get to a bowl.  Many of these sec teams employ this strategy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, golfclap said:

Yep. The A&M game will be Arkansas' biggest game, and Chad will spend all offseason thinking up a special game plan for them. Arky will be A&M's 4th biggest game at best, and will be an afterthought.