Texas recruiting notes 2019

Per Justin Wells:

Spoke with the father of ‘19 Grayson (GA) Kenyatta Watson today and here’s what I know: 

1. They’ve cancelled his OV to Notre Dame. They’re looking to reschedule in mid-May. 

2. Watson II and his mother might make the Texas spring game on 4/21. He’s definitely coming for his OV on April 27th-29th. 

3. Joining Watson on his OV will be Grayson teammates Owen Pappoe (LB) and Kenyon Jackson (WR). Best guess: Pappoe to Auburn. 

UT is also giving the 6-foot-5 Jackson a harder look. 

4. I feel really good about Watson and NaNa Osafo-Mensah, who will take his OV on 5/4-5/6. Notre Dame, the school UT is battling for NaNa, offered three DL this week too if that tells you anything.

Aggy will be officially in the rear view mirror for this recruiting class if and when NaNa and Wright commit.  National signing day a few years ago was fun, but watching this staff work is such a eye opening experience of what Texas should be in the college football landscape.  

Recruiting is fun again ... possibly better than when Mack first started.  The attention to detail and actually selling what is important to the kids and families while making them all feel as if they are the most important people in Austin is how it should be done.  It is obvious that our talent level is going to be much better than it has been in over a decade.

If we continue to improve execution during he season, avoid the injury bug, and get to the point where we do not have to rely on true freshman to win games, Texas will be dominant again and very soon.  I feel it for the first time in a looong time.  This program is stirring.  It’s waking up and is about to start winning in a big way.  I can’t wait until the Spring game and next season.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Yesh said:

Putting aside 5-star out of state kids that I am sure we would love to have but are longshots, it seems like we are in good shape for all of our top targets except for Richardson.

Richardson is going to take notice as the Texas wave continues.  He'll eventually come back around.  

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

He acquitted himself nicely after the poor start last year, and is off to a great start this year with Sweat, Leal, and NaNa all likely Texas commits before the season.

The start doesn't matter to anyone other than Nervous Nellies. It's the finish. If Leal commits December 1, does that mean there was poor start? No. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ron Swanson said:

Also, if you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.  But if you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

But if that man building a fire is an aggy engineer run for your life. 

Speaking of which, coaches weekend in Austin is LIT!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Picture is at least 20 years old. 

Bohls is currently transitioning into an elderly homeless woman. 

He is looks and acts like a bald version of Alex Borstein's Gap Troll from the MadTV days. 

38 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

He is looks and acts like a bald version of Alex Borstein's Gap Troll from the MadTV days. 

He reminds me of the grandfather from Christmas Vacation that blew up the cat. Senile, angry, and a complete drag on any situation.