Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

What the fuck does Drayton actually do? We will have 3 RB's on our roster next year, and we hardly run our best back. People keep saying he was injured, but he apparently wasn't injured enough to take on blocks from LB'S safeties blitzing. Why does Tom and Drayton hate using Ingram? And now we have a Jamaal Charles and Alvin Kamara clone coming in, and he'll probably be used like DJ Monroe (sore subject, sorry). I'm not sorry for saying Brown is my Charles Kamara be other kid can ball. Fuck Cain, though. Jk, good kid who chose poorly. Can't blame him, though. It's not like he got a chance to see Ingram show what he's capable of doing. /rant

I'm going to go speedball some Xanax and Busch beer. 

1 minute ago, Colt45 said:

I would say today was pretty underwhelming, correct? Signed who we expected, and didn’t land any commits we were hoping. 

In context, signing a top ten class that includes the Gatorade National Player of the Year and some instant impact athletes on both sides of the ball. I guess if you want to call that underwhelming go ahead. We missed on a few big names on signing day which sucked, but a really good class so far. If we do manage to pull in Hookfin and Shepherd, the only place that we can really point fingers would be the miss on a second RB. 

• Like 1

Just now, IDIOTsavant said:

Anybody else get a Lane Johnson vibe from Wiley (not the PEDs)? Given Herman's comment, I think he might eventually end up at tackle when he starts working with Yancy. It would seem to fit into Hand's thought process in the Athletic article posted yesterday. Just a thought.

I could see it, but I would love to see him stay as an in-line tight end that is a plus matchup in the run game. We have plenty of pass catchers in the TE group with Liebrock, Epps, and Leitao. 

1 minute ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Anybody else get a Lane Johnson vibe from Wiley (not the PEDs)? Given Herman's comment, I think he might eventually end up at tackle when he starts working with Yancy. It would seem to fit into Hand's thought process in the Athletic article posted yesterday. Just a thought.

Herman wants him at TE.  at OSU he had two guys that were 6’6” 260 and they both played a lot and both play on sunday.  liebrock and wiley are guys who can become that type of player. 

14 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

What the fuck does Drayton actually do? We will have 3 RB's on our roster next year, and we hardly run our best back. People keep saying he was injured, but he apparently wasn't injured enough to take on blocks from LB'S safeties blitzing. Why does Tom and Drayton hate using Ingram? And now we have a Jamaal Charles and Alvin Kamara clone coming in, and he'll probably be used like DJ Monroe (sore subject, sorry). I'm not sorry for saying Brown is my Charles Kamara be other kid can ball. Fuck Cain, though. Jk, good kid who chose poorly. Can't blame him, though. It's not like he got a chance to see Ingram show what he's capable of doing. /rant

I'm going to go speedball some Xanax and Busch beer. 

Not to be overly pedantic, but you can't have a speedball without a stimulant. Xanax and Busch just makes you really sleepy and drunk.

• Like 4