Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

Just now, mop said:

ok, i have been watching recruiting for decades now....i have a few questions from those who have analyzed the entire process in a more systematic way than I.

1. Do you think a player committing early tends to end up in them either not being moved upwards in the recruiting rankings due to the fact that they are "taken" and the shine is off of them for "clickbait" purposes?

2. my implied point in question 1 notwithstanding, how does a player committing to a particular school or conference help them move upwards?  Someone showed how many of age's recruits had skyrocketed upwards after committing....do you believe those same players would have skyrocketed upwards in the same trajectory had they committed to the University of Houston?

Get this shit off the recruiting thread. 

Better question: What coaches should be fired (and possibly thrown in prison) because of their sub par recruiting? I think Giles should be charged with war crimes under the Geneva Conventions. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Get this shit off the recruiting thread. 

Better question: What coaches should be fired (and possibly thrown in prison) because of their sub par recruiting? I think Giles should be charged with war crimes under the Geneva Conventions. 

He was just following orders from Hermann (Goering).

• Like 3

Wells on Hookfin w/ quotes (SIAP)

Spoiler

The Sugar Land Dulles OL, who was into Texas for the longest and started thinking Baylor was the move for silly reasons, just told me he’s postponed his signing date/time. 

“I just don’t know when I’ll sign right now,” said Hookfin. 

When asked if he’s leaning Texas or Baylor, the 6-foot-5, 265-pound tackle said he just doesn’t know yet. 

Just another twist and turn in this short, but weird recruitment. 

Two sources say Texas is trending here. Herman had a conversation with Hookfin earlier today. It might’ve brought this back to where it once was.

50 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

Pretty nice troll job. Both Sam and Mond wear #11.

Serious question, but at what point do recruiting shenanigans like this start to negatively impact the way colleges approach these trainers? If I were Texas and Shepherd flips to aggy and FWK is pulling elaborate trolls on the recruits behalf, that doesn't scream long term relationship. He could be damaging himself with whichever school loses out.  

1 hour ago, Machinator said:
  1 hour ago, FizzleFish said:
Herman said he needed to add speed to the team. What commits on both sides of the ball did he sign to address this?

Jake Smith

Jordan Whittington

Tyler Owens

Caleb Johnson

David Gbenda

Kennedy Lewis

Kenyatta Watson

Jake Smith

Jake Smith

Fixed

Edited by CobbInLimbo

Just now, Vertigo said:

Serious question, but at what point do recruiting shenanigans like this start to negatively impact the way colleges approach these trainers? If I were Texas and Shepherd flips to aggy and FWK is pulling elaborate trolls on the recruits behalf, that doesn't scream long term relationship. He could be damaging himself with whichever school loses out.  

They don't Pandora's box is open. 

Play with fire you get burned. Credibility is hard to establish and once it is broken, had to reestablish and makes others wary. 

Just now, Vertigo said:

You would think but these guys worship these trainers and coaches are forced to work with them because of that relationship. 

I would like to hear a story with fwk getting a guy a scholarship to play at like new Mexico highlands or some small place. But that won't move the needle for his ego so we won't be trying so hard to make a difference in that kids life 

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

Now I'm just a simple country lawyer, but my understandin' of how those dang 'ol economics works is that when you control a limited resource (giant fast football players) that are in high demand from many many different buyers (college football teams) well you can just about do whatever it is you please and they can all kiss your fucking ass. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Making it simple..

What coach is going to say - hey I don't want any of those future 4* and 5* athletes you are training?

What athlete is going to say - hey you train and place lots of 4* and 5* guys I not training with you?

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Lol Brown is absolutely reading all the articles saying our RB class sucks

I really like this kid. The one thing I notice with him over a guy like Glass is that he seems to have a better knack of getting through the trash and up to the second level with the speed to make you pay. Katy RB's like Glass don't even see a defender until they are 5 yards downfield and he is far less explosive at the second level.