If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

28 minutes ago, RPM said:

I suspect the Major station announcement on Monday is this current group is taking 10-3. Did you like them 4 Marconies? I hope you did very much cause they ain't coming back at this rate.

They could get a fifth based on body of work to date but I don't think a sixth is likely based on what is going on currently.

55 minutes ago, RPM said:

I suspect the Major station announcement on Monday is this current group is taking 10-3. Did you like them 4 Marconies? I hope you did very much cause they ain't coming back at this rate.

I think it's announcing some mixture of Donnie, Monty, Bass, and McClearin will take 2 shows from 10-3. 

I listened to a bit of McClearin's announcement show from Wednesday and he said his current station wanted him to stay but he got an opportunity he couldn't pass up and is leaving on good terms with everyone. Said he can't say anything else until Monday. 

Then the ticket announces a station announcement for 10 am Monday. Just way too much of a coincidence for Matt to not be part of it. 

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

They're both shit. I've met Knoxie in the wild and he's a complete piece of shit.

The minute Rhynes walks away from The Freak, that station is done. However, if Hang Zone winds up there and takes over morning or afternoon drive, that could be something.

Wild Knoxie - and I know you’re in Park Cities too - is terrible. Yet, he is better at local TV than Skin, who is fucking terrible. 

Wow. Dan and Jake got a cease and desist from Cumulus over the Dumb Zone YouTube audio and podcasts. So I guess some of the $6.90 a month is going to lawyers now. 

Not a surprise. I figured the use of Zone would trigger a response. Auto Zone was Auto Shack when they started and got sued by Tandy; hence changing to Auto Zone.

There's no way just the word "Zone" could be in violation of intellectual property law. I think Cumulus knows this but they're being cunts threatening legal action simply as sour grapes to fuck with them knowing they won't be on a position to lawyer up and fight. 

I'd like to know what they specified is the violation. Seems like this is a case of weaponizing civil law. 

In the 7-25 DZ Episode they mentioned something about learning a lot about business, and how business days work. Then went on to say something about 12 Tuesdays. I’m blindly assuming it’s supposed to be a 90 day blackout(no racist) from end of contract or last day on air. (I’m not doing the math)

In the 7-25 DZ Episode they mentioned something about learning a lot about business, and how business days work. Then went on to say something about 12 Tuesdays. I’m blindly assuming it’s supposed to be a 90 day blackout(no racist) from end of contract or last day on air. (I’m not doing the math)

They were talking about learning it takes 8-12 business days to get an LLC. They were joking about not knowing what a business day was and were saying that Tuesday is the only business day because they do the “Business Tuesday” segment. It didn’t have anything to do with their non-compete.

There's no way just the word "Zone" could be in violation of intellectual property law. I think Cumulus knows this but they're being cunts threatening legal action simply as sour grapes to fuck with them knowing they won't be on a position to lawyer up and fight. 
I'd like to know what they specified is the violation. Seems like this is a case of weaponizing civil law. 

I’m speculating like everyone here. No one knows wtf it’s about. These two are coming off as Dumb and Dumber when it comes to the business of show business. Pretty typical. I know a lot of musicians and many have had record deals. None made any real money on them due to stupidity about business.

1 hour ago, futureman said:

those fucking dipshits should have just stayed at the ticket and kept the train rolling.  what they've done is beyond stupid.  it angers me.

Yes. It makes me like them both less. 

They called themselves the Dumb Zone often during their show. There was a Conrad “The Dumb Zone…” drop they’d play as well. It seems really dumb for them to have used that. Both because they used it on air, and because it’s just not a good name to market yourselves as.

I wonder if Dan and Jake’s noncompetes are worded differently. Dan’s contract seems to have been 5 years old, while Jake’s was written in the last 12-15 months. If anyone’s noticed, the dumb zone patreon only says “Dan McDowell and friends” and does not mention Jake.

Edited by nolongerU2horn

On 7/29/2023 at 3:38 PM, nolongerU2horn said:

I wonder if Dan and Jake’s noncompetes are worded differently. Dan’s contract seems to have been 5 years old, while Jake’s was written in the last 12-15 months. If anyone’s noticed, the dumb zone patreon only says “Dan McDowell and friends” and does not mention Jake.

i thought that was a strange thing to see. also assumed it has to be contract related - plus they have been going out of their way to make it clear Dan is the one "running things" behind the scenes ("i set up a tiktok", "i am a video editor now", etc)

they also hid their earnings stats from the patreon, if anyone cares.

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

i thought that was a strange thing to see. also assumed it has to be contract related - plus they have been going out of their way to make it clear Dan is the one "running things" behind the scenes ("i set up a tiktok", "i am a video editor now", etc)

they also hid their earnings stats from the patreon, if anyone cares.

Yeah but you can just do the math as it still shows the member count. 2845 X $6.90/month= $19630 /month. $235,566 /year. Not sure how much Patreon takes of that and then you have self-employment taxes. They're going to need to get some sponsors to make more money. I'm not sure how many more Ticket fans they'll grab. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Yeah but you can just do the math as it still shows the member count. 2845 X $6.90/month= $19630 /month. $235,566 /year. Not sure how much Patreon takes of that and then you have self-employment taxes. They're going to need to get some sponsors to make more money. I'm not sure how many more Ticket fans they'll grab. 

they have a ton of upside on that once they start consistently putting out content btw.

i would have handled this differently (free episodes for a couple of weeks until you get your stuff together - or at least your cadence) but they have a ton of upside on that. if you truly think that the ceiling is <3000 patrons you are wrong.

i fully expect them to have sponsors, even if it's the typical podcast ones. i would think they should be able to get some more local advertisers as well.

Edited by NoName

Dongovan + Matt Mclaren from 10-1

I hope Donny got a raise for the extra hour but I highly doubt it. 

Sean Bass + Mino from 1-3. Monty as producer! You know Monty will play the Danny role and have lots of content. 

So Blake.........?

Edited by mdmost

Major announcement is:

10-1 --> Donny + Matt McClearin

• extra hour will "lean on a lot of you guys" (other hosts) lol
  • Corby was late trying to park the car lol

1-3 --> Sean Bass and Mino + producer Monty

• BIG YIKES
  • that show isn't going to be great. wow. THAT is the replacement for Hang Zone? lol

edit: evidently the show info leaked on Friday at TexAgs of all places lol https://texags.com/forums/37/topics/985308/497

Edited by NoName

1 minute ago, Frank The Tank said:

Yep. Pretty sure my ticket listening has just been reduced to sporadic Musers segments and podcasts from here on out. Give me my Dumb Zone boys and I guess more productive work days. Yay. 

musers + top 10 is all i am left with now

Take Sean Bass' boring ass out of it and that would have been the best case scenario for me. I really like the 10-1 and if Monty takes more of a lead and Bass just stays out of it most of the time that will be good too. 

I understand why they put Bass as host because of tenure but that was a bad idea. He sucks on the air. Monty and Mino are great together on Sundays and already have the chemistry and show name that works. Should have had them with Blake producing and move Bass to Hardline to replace Mino. 

But either way this is great. No reason to pay for a podcast like a dunski. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

I'm surprised they made it that high initially but it's nowhere near the 20k or whatever people were throwing out. You do have to wonder if a lot of that is from the initial shock and it'll dwindle down over time as people get used to the new ticket and get tired of paying $7 a month for what they've always gotten for free. Support from change only lasts so long. Sirois' twitch stream got a huge bump in membership the first month after he left and did Gordon's live show but after a few months most of the growth was gone. 

Good on them for getting around 3k subs initially. That's more than I thought they could. Good luck to them being able to keep it. 

Cumulus gives zero fucks. They torpedoed 1/3 of their programming over petty issues. D & J will come out on top of this.

The actual scenario is that D&J don’t come out on top as they have no money to drive subs, just the residual fandom that has likely come over. They have likely hockey stocked their demand curve and further growth will plateau. Cumulus may give no fucks but it really doesn’t matter. The P1 is a myth they perpetuate but it doesn’t pay the bills.

32 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Take Sean Bass' boring ass out of it and that would have been the best case scenario for me. I really like the 10-1 and if Monty takes more of a lead and Bass just stays out of it most of the time that will be good too. 

I understand why they put Bass as host because of tenure but that was a bad idea. He sucks on the air. Monty and Mino are great together on Sundays and already have the chemistry and show name that works. Should have had them with Blake producing and move Bass to Hardline to replace Mino. 

But either way this is great. No reason to pay for a podcast like a dunski. 

Sean Bass is The Ticket's program director or whatever the fuck Dick Hicks was before he bailed for TMS. He's not taking a board op gig. He was going to be a host or producer or just stay slotted in his current role, which he'll probably continue to do from here on anyways.

The engineering today is just shit-tastic. Probably not their fault but the electricity dropouts (that's probably unavoidable) but the speaker "bleed" when somebody gets excited sounds low-budget AF. Oh yeah, a Cumulus station.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of today's announcement. I'm a Ticket P1 until the Musers leave. The Hard Line isn't terrible and I genuinely like Corby and Gen X. I could do with or without Bob there's no way you can leave afternoon drive to Corby and Davey alone. I think the station is going to struggle from 10-3 for at least a little bit, if not longer.

• Hook 'Em 1