If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

31 minutes ago, RPM said:

#badtrolljob

I don’t think he was trolling.  It was a bad take, and Jub gets enough grief here that he thought it’d fly. But whatever.  Most of y’all are full of bad takes. 

9 minutes ago, pops said:

Jub and gordo with no Jr is so much better than just Jr and gordo. 

Jub is a s simpleton and his hot takes suck. But when he just embraces that he's Chris Farley he's fantastic. 

I agree with your tenor, but don’t think he’s a simpleton. I think a lot of his hot takes suck, and they’re not as thought out as a Bob or Junior. And he’s not convicted a lot of times. But some of his hot takes are correct and hilarious because he IS convicted and gets so irritated - Romo’s golf prowess being the best example of this.

But as a general good guy, a stabilizing force, and funny goofball, he’s great. Jub is one of my favorite guys, particularly the way he plays off Gordo, and when callers call him a bitch and his reactions. I don’t think people realize how talented he is with voices, because Gordo overshadows him. 

17 minutes ago, pops said:

Jub is a s simpleton and his hot takes suck. But when he just embraces that he's Chris Farley he's fantastic. 

This is how I finally let go and just accepted Greggo's stupidity for what it was -- sheer ignorance. He could be damn funny, mostly by accident. Turns out he was a pretty shitty human IRL. Conversely ...

3 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I agree with your tenor, but don’t think he’s a simpleton. I think a lot of his hot takes suck, and they’re not as thought out as a Bob or Junior. And he’s not convicted a lot of times. But some of his hot takes are correct and hilarious because he IS convicted and gets so irritated - Romo’s golf prowess being the best example of this.

But as a general good guy, a stabilizing force, and funny goofball, he’s great. Jub is one of my favorite guys, particularly the way he plays off Gordo, and when callers call him a bitch and his reactions. I don’t think people realize how talented he is with voices, because Gordo overshadows him. 

... JubJub might be Simple George but he's likable as fuck. Just a down-to-Earth, all-around good guy. I'll shit on him from time to time, like you do with family, but the Musers are not the Musers without all three. I'll take any combo as long as it involves Gordo, though. It's just not the actual Musers.

• Hook 'Em 1

The "One True Muser" is the weakest link. Junes knows his strengths and weaknesses and mostly stays in his lane. He's a great straight man and reads scripted material well. It's when he has to create content and perform solo that he fails. Doocy is the far superior 4th Muser.

You can't really tell anything specific from the legal filings at this point and the mediation proceedings are all confidential, but it appears they are still negotiating.  There was an agreement between the parties that D&J wouldn't post any new content until 8/29. Based on D&J's Motion to Extend Deadlines filed yesterday it appears the TRO Hearing is being reset to Sept. 12th or later.  I would imagine the Cumulus lawyers asked to extend the prohibition on posting content until at least Sept. 12th, but they either caved on that or might've just been outlawyered because the TRO agreement wrote in a specific date and not "until the time of the hearing".  Or it could be that there is some tentative outline of a settlement and they are just working out specific details before informing the court and making an announcement.  Either way, it is pretty clear that at the moment both sides are committed to mediating and working it out privately through that process and not through a public hearing and further litigation.  I would guess they will have some sort of settlement either by the end of this week or by the 8th.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RPM said:

The "One True Muser" is the weakest link. Junes knows his strengths and weaknesses and mostly stays in his lane. He's a great straight man and reads scripted material well. It's when he has to create content and perform solo that he fails. Doocy is the far superior 4th Muser.

Not Buying It Mark Burnett GIF by Coupled

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RPM said:

#badtrolljob

6 hours ago, pops said:

Yes it was sarcastic. But, it did highlight what we all knew. Gordo is the greatest there is. He was on the Donnie show yesterday and was great. Love Gordo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think Doocy would become tiresome if he was a regular.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, C-Man said:

Yea I like Doocy just fine but never gotten the fascination with him as a full time addition (which he wouldn't do anyway).  He's on what maybe 15-20 times a year?  He does well in those spots but to the point think his bag would get a little shallow if he had to do it 200+ times a year.  The mark of greatness is what do you have on June 1st when the Rangers are already 10+ games out of first place, the Stars have been bounced from the playoffs, the Mavs didn't even make the playoffs, the Cowboys, NFL and College Football is still 3 months away and you are already 100 shows into the year.  

Edited by Surly Bevo

Yea I like Doocy just fine but never gotten the fascination with him as a full time addition (which he wouldn't do anyway).  He's on what maybe 15-20 times a year?  He does well in those spots but to the point think his bag would get a little shallow if he had to do it 200+ times a year.  The mark of greatness is what do you have on June 1st when the Rangers are already 10+ games out of first place, the Stars have been bounced from the playoffs, the Mavs didn't even make the playoffs, the Cowboys, NFL and College Football is still 3 months away and you are already 100 shows into the year.  

Doocy Diaries is apparently a beloved bit but it’s an immediate punch out for me during dry dock.

17 hours ago, C-Man said:

Agreed. I already think he’s tiresome with some bits. The diary deal isn’t funny and wasn’t after about 2 of them. I do like Doocy though. 

15 minutes ago, futureman said:

image.thumb.png.c6bcb44c5f1f08f7598e491a7d4bf751.png

this is what the beginning of the end looks like. 

gun-to-head-nodding.gif

7 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Agreed. I already think he’s tiresome with some bits. The diary deal isn’t funny and wasn’t after about 2 of them. I do like Doocy though. 

I've heard nothing that would leave me to believe otherwise and he fits in seamlessly with the three Musers.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, futureman said:

image.thumb.png.c6bcb44c5f1f08f7598e491a7d4bf751.png

this is what the beginning of the end looks like. 

Bass is so terrible. He tries way too hard to be contrarian, white guilt, and liberal guy. He relishes zigging when nobody cares whether his zigging or zagging because he sucks. 

Mino is one weird looking dude. He’s MUCH better than Bass. But he’s still not that good. Highest and best use is a drop maestro as a board op. 

Bass is so terrible. He tries way too hard to be contrarian, white guilt, and liberal guy. He relishes zigging when nobody cares whether his zigging or zagging because he sucks. 
Mino is one weird looking dude. He’s MUCH better than Bass. But he’s still not that good. Highest and best use is a drop maestro as a board op. 

Gosh, don’t bog!
  • Haha 1

Also, picks with friends is absolutely gutted now with not just Dan and Jake missing but chappy and Blake gone as well. Over half of the talkers turned over… to mino? Mcclearin? Sheeeeiiiiit

oh and jub is on his deathbed, only semi joking. 

• Rage+1 1

54 minutes ago, bluto said:

Also, picks with friends is absolutely gutted now with not just Dan and Jake missing but chappy and Blake gone as well. Over half of the talkers turned over… to mino? Mcclearin? Sheeeeiiiiit

oh and jub is on his deathbed, only semi joking. 

they killed the single most entertaining thing on the station. dammit.

14 minutes ago, C-Man said:

The online nerds are saying Fight Night was very poorly attended at The Factory this evening.

I wouldn’t go to a ticket gathering of any kind but in the event that I were to go I think the prospect of having jake and dan there in some capacity would make it more palatable.  I don’t blame the texzilla p1s for not wanting to see matt mcclearin and mino ringside. 

31 minutes ago, futureman said:

I wouldn’t go to a ticket gathering of any kind but in the event that I were to go I think the prospect of having jake and dan there in some capacity would make it more palatable.  I don’t blame the texzilla p1s for not wanting to see matt mcclearin and mino ringside. 

Same. I went to one or two Charity Challenge On Ice events at Reunion and then the basketball game against the girls HS basketball team at Moody/SMU but I don't think I've ever been to another Ticket "outing" in 25 years in the Metroplex. The hockey games were fun and the basketball game was epic.

17 hours ago, Hermanator said:

I think Jub is the next to leave and not because he wants to leave. 

I think you’re a fucking idiot. 

17 hours ago, bizzle said:

they killed the single most entertaining thing on the station. dammit.

Tap the brakes. I can easily name 100 more moments that have been far more entertaining, and several recurring segments / events that are far more entertaining. Oh no, we won’t be able to hear Chappy!