If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

Echo what everyone else is saying.  In prior years this was prime ticket listening.  I've tried (including listening to some top 10 on the app) and yet to hear a segment I find really compelling or funny.  I mean they are in fucking Vegas.  Came here to see if I was just somehow missing the good stuff.  Agreed loss of D&J really apparent so far this week.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, bluto said:

Hearing mino cash out up $3 and the rest of the pure vag-ness from them this week is such a far and sad cry from the wheels off Miami Super Bowl week with chael unchained. 

I tuned in for the first time in months while he, George and Sean were trying to make a segment out of their cab ride to the strip driven by a cabbie from South America named JFK. They even had a recording of the conversation to play. It was horrible radio by three guys trying very hard to be funny. I see no reason to tune back in unless Gordo is present. 

10 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

I tuned in for the first time in months while he, George and Sean were trying to make a segment out of their cab ride to the strip driven by a cabbie from South America named JFK. They even had a recording of the conversation to play. It was horrible radio by three guys trying very hard to be funny. I see no reason to tune back in unless Gordo is present. 

Did they ask the driver where they could find some pussy around here?

Is tonight the U2 concert? Expect 10 segments tomorrow about how it was the greatest concert ever. 

@Skipper is right. Super Bowl week was the pinnacle of “we can do what they do but they can’t do what we do.”  So much gold. And now half the day sounds like segments Guy Sports would be ashamed of. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Is tonight the U2 concert? Expect 10 segments tomorrow about how it was the greatest concert ever. 

@Skipper is right. Super Bowl week was the pinnacle of “we can do what they do but they can’t do what we do.”  So much gold. And now half the day sounds like segments Guy Sports would be ashamed of. 

I still chuckle thinking of Gordo goading Nasty Nestor into choking him under his silly beard lmao

• Haha 2

On the drive home I did catch Corby and Dave in character as gay secessionists interviewing some poor unsuspecting practice squad player.  It wasn't the quality of some of the great bits from the past, but I did chuckle out loud a couple of times.  I'm actually interested to hear about 10 minutes of the U2 reviews tomorrow as the concert/experience sounds cool and I haven't read any detailed reviews online to date, but I suspect @Jive Turkey is right and that topic dominates airtime.

22 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

curious

22 hours ago, mdmost said:

I guess the disinterest has caught up with him again. 

Let's just say that those are the terms with which it is being discussed in by just about everybody. 

so he's going to be around for 18 months? or the freak is?

what joke that spite station was.

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

Bullshit. Sirois and Danny are better than anything in the ticket. Including the musers. Honestly the only talk local to DFW worth listening to anymore. 

That's backed up by any kind of ratings? Right? They must be out there fucking killing it.

They tied themselves to a guy who has given a fuck for about 6 months of the last decade. It sucks for them, truly. 

Obviously, I'm sad for Jub that his brother passed away. I'm also sad for Jub that he missed out on Emmitt Smith being on because I know how much he loves to drop lines from past Emmitt Herradura spots whenever he interviews Emmitt. 

Back to the sphere concert with U2 they talked about a bunch, why would you buy floor level standing tickets to an experience that was “4D” with visuals sounds aromatics air like a fucking Disney ride? They hyped all those features of the venue and 4 had standing floor tickets and the other 4 had semi obstructed views. They said it wasn’t cheap many times too. 

just listened to the e-brake on the app... I didn't listen live this morning but I'm curious if the shot at cruz in aledo made it on the air, because it's not edited on the top 10.

for anyone that didn't hear it one of the callers said "cruz in aledo, you know he's queer" and gordo and craig both acted unamused and said "dump that, dump that" and moved on quickly.  did that go undumped this morning?

Bullshit. Sirois and Danny are better than anything in the ticket. Including the musers. Honestly the only talk local to DFW worth listening to anymore. 

Based on their lousy ratings it’s you and 14 others actually paying attention. IHeart will be moving to Laotian Pop or just political commercials 24/7.
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Based on their lousy ratings it’s you and 14 others actually paying attention. IHeart will be moving to Laotian Pop or just political commercials 24/7.

24/7/365 Christmas music

Edited by NoName
  • Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 10:22 PM, futureman said:

just listened to the e-brake on the app... I didn't listen live this morning but I'm curious if the shot at cruz in aledo made it on the air, because it's not edited on the top 10.

for anyone that didn't hear it one of the callers said "cruz in aledo, you know he's queer" and gordo and craig both acted unamused and said "dump that, dump that" and moved on quickly.  did that go undumped this morning?

It was dumped

• Hook 'Em 1

Those of you complaining about The Ticket — have you checked out the Freak lately? Flipped it over on the way home from the office this evening. Julie Dobbs apparently had full control of a segment where they were talking to some divorcee that they were maybe setting up on a date with some guy coming on next. Woof.

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

Those of you complaining about The Ticket — have you checked out the Freak lately? Flipped it over on the way home from the office this evening. Julie Dobbs apparently had full control of a segment where they were talking to some divorcee that they were maybe setting up on a date with some guy coming on next. Woof.

https://www.theunticket.com/does-tc-fleming-have-game/

The freak should just change back to the eagle and do Sirois and Danny 6-10 am then alternative/rock the rest of the day. Once the people come back for the music they'll discover the morning greatness and ratings will improve. Right now they're a hidden gem because no one wants to listen to the garbage that's on that station 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/13/2024 at 10:57 PM, C-Man said:

Freak morning show podcasts are badass. 

• Like 1