If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

1 hour ago, NOMAAA said:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-downbeat/id1650477555?i=1000648099259

musers in the am. Downbeat podcast the rest of then day until dumbzone eppy comes out is the way to listen. 

are you suggesting we miss out on the epic midday radio lineup of donny, matt mclearin, sean bass, and david mino? 

fuck that's almost painful to type.  and to think dan and jake used to be on the ticket three hours a day.  sad stuff.

• Rage+1 1

On 3/14/2024 at 2:12 PM, CBT said:

The roundtables have been great.

finally made my way through all of them. really just makes me insane they couldn't get the entire situation to work. curious what law cumulus flew in that appeared to have no idea what it was doing.

42 minutes ago, bizzle said:

finally made my way through all of them. really just makes me insane they couldn't get the entire situation to work. curious what law cumulus flew in that appeared to have no idea what it was doing.

I'm not a lawyer, but I thought it was very interesting that the labor lawyer basically begged the Cumulus lawyers to get their own labor attorney. Dude even gave them a bunch of recs.

It's interesting to go back through this thread and look at the wide swath of land that existed between the early prognostications about how Dan and Jake were going to get taken to the woodshed and what eventually happened. Well, I guess they did get taken to the woodshed, but not in the manner that people were predicting. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Dan and Jake's friendship (actually it was TC who struck up the initial friendship with the 2 of them) with Matt Bruenig and Philip Kingston really turned out to be a big factor in their corner.  And I can't help but think that Dan didn't already start piecing this together long before he made the decision to quit.  I don't know whether it's due to being from the Midwest or what, but Dan is fairly well studied in labor issues and has exhibited a keen interest on the subject throughout his time at the Ticket.  For a year or so prior to quitting he spearheaded a number of segments specifically targeting non-competes and issues surrounding the subject.  He'd routinely reference Bruenig on the topic and give  thinly veiled comments that were obviously aimed at Cumulus.

Dan's much sharper than he let's on and despite his demuring to the contrary, he probably  discussed a number of these issues with Bruenig long before they quit. In fact, I specifically remember Dan bringing up the exact NRLB rule that was ultimately the basis for Dan and Jake's complaint with the NRLB against Cumulus in a segment on The Hang Zone. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Dan and Jake's friendship (actually it was TC who struck up the initial friendship with the 2 of them) with Matt Bruenig and Philip Kingston really turned out to be a big factor in their corner.  And I can't help but think that Dan didn't already start piecing this together long before he made the decision to quit.  I don't know whether it's due to being from the Midwest or what, but Dan is fairly well studied in labor issues and has exhibited a keen interest on the subject throughout his time at the Ticket.  For a year or so prior to quitting he spearheaded a number of segments specifically targeting non-competes and issues surrounding the subject.  He'd routinely reference Bruenig on the topic and give  thinly veiled comments that were obviously aimed at Cumulus.

Dan's much sharper than he let's on and despite his demuring to the contrary, he probably  discussed a number of these issues with Bruenig long before they quit. In fact, I specifically remember Dan bringing up the exact NRLB rule that was ultimately the basis for Dan and Jake's complaint with the NRLB against Cumulus in a segment on The Hang Zone. 

man you are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overrating Kingston and his impact to the case. notice how much impact he had in the actual trial?

i know this is the case with lawyers in general but Bruenig is very good in his lane and offers less than nothing outside of it

both are also tremendous assholes - which is fine

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, statsman said:

Is this for real? What’s the story?

1000% real.  gordon bought the plot next to oswald's at shannon rose hill.  he's going to dig his own grave and then have a budd dwyer press conference while he's down there.

Edited by futureman
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, statsman said:

Is this for real? What’s the story?

Gordo bought two plots at Sparkman Hillcrest. After Gordo dies, LHO will be exhumed and they'll be buried together in the bathtub in a non-consensual embrace.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2024 at 1:45 PM, NoName said:

man you are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overrating Kingston and his impact to the case. notice how much impact he had in the actual trial?

i know this is the case with lawyers in general but Bruenig is very good in his lane and offers less than nothing outside of it

Kingston went to the Baylor school of attention whoring with his buddy Clay Jenkins.  Anything to keep his name out there. 

Dumb zone is hitting its stride. Harolobos was fantastic today. What is he doing talking to a low level podcast??  Amazing. 

First one with him was great too. Highly recommend.
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, bluto said:

Finally signed up for dumb zone, good lord cumulus effed the listener. 

the difference between TDZ/THZ and Sweet Spot is huge. and i say this as someone who likes Monty a ton.

glad the ratings are working out for them, and if they think that's a long term solution - then good luck - but it is a monumental step down in quality across the board.

On 3/19/2024 at 1:45 PM, NoName said:

When Kingston was on council he was notorious for pulling his signs if you had other candidate signs in your yard he didn't like. He would do it whenever he felt like it, even if you were hanging out on your front porch he'd pull it and walk it home 

He’s surely not going to spend his eternity at Shannon rose hill. It’s turned into a really shitty neighborhood. My grandparents and a ton of relatives are there; can’t find them but can drive straight to Oswald. My clients come to town and like seeing it if there’s no time for TSD

21 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

Jub talking music is a beating. Those earwigs are in space along with the jardiance song. The aliens will just launch a massive world exploding bomb right down the line back to us to make it stop.

image.png.3e5ea15eda99562da37786007259bdfc.png

Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator is the preferred nomenclature.

On 3/28/2024 at 12:38 PM, Rex Kramer said:

And his plot purchase is a bit.   I’m sure his family is thrilled at the notion of him resting alongside LHO for eternity.

yeah bud it’s not a bit; he’s being buried there.  and also he has no family.  his parents are dead and his siblings are married.  gordo is a loner who lives in an apartment complex.  do you even listen to the station?