2019 NFL Combine thread: Boyd, Davis, LJH, Omenihu, and Gary Johnson receive invites

Machinator

12 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Noah Fant seems like a TE/WR hybrid.... gonna be valuable in hurry-up situations.  Not sure where he's positioned in Mock Drafts but type of player that puts a team like Indy, Texans, 49ers or Jags in contention for Superbowl (assuming Foles goes to Jacksonville).

Crazy that Texas State TE at Combine but not Andrew Beck.....

Edited by LTtxfan

14 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Noah Fant seems like a TE/WR hybrid.... gonna be valuable in hurry-up situations.  Not sure where he's positioned in Mock Drafts but type of player that puts a team like Indy, Texans, 49ers or Jags in contention for Superbowl (assuming Foles goes to Jacksonville).

Crazy that Texas State TE at Combine but not Andrew Beck.....

Looks like I'm wrong.... 2nd Rd projection and 3rd tight-end off the board.  One Mock Draft projects him #42 to Bengals....

42. Cincinnati Bengals: Noah Fant, TE, Iowa 
The Bengals need a new tight end, as Tyler Eifert can't be counted on to remain healty.  Noah Fant is an athletic marvel, notching a 41-inch vertical in spring testing. He needs to improve his blocking, but his receiving ability should allow him to be a first- or second-round pick. 

Edited by LTtxfan

Not a very good 2019 RB Draft Class.  I think Kentucky's RB is overrated.... looked slow yesterday.  Projected 2nd Rd, #46 in one Mock Draft, and I just don't see it.  For me he's a 3rd Rd or later RB.

46. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Benny Snell Jr., RB, Kentucky 
This is actually the Redskins' pick, but the Buccaneers acquired it via the trade I proposed in the first round. The Buccaneers didn't have any sort of running game last year. They'll need to change that in order for Jameis Winston to avoid throwing lots of interceptions. Benny Snell Jr. is a tough runner who could sneak into the first round, but will probably be chosen in the 35-50 range. 

Edited by LTtxfan

31 minutes ago, Machinator said:

What are folks hearing about Ed Oliver??  Interesting some teams want to see him in LB drills.  One Mock Draft has him at #7....

7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Ed Oliver, DT, Houston

I've been mocking a quarterback to the Jaguars for as far as I can remember. However, in the wake of the hire of John DeFilippo as offensive coordinator, I believe there's a good chance that the Jaguars will pursue Nick Foles to be their next signal-caller. DeFilippo coached Foles when the two won a Super Bowl together during the 2017 season, so the pairing makes a ton of sense. With quarterback being off the table, the Jaguars can take a defensive lineman. Yes, another one. Jacksonville is loaded up front, but it also has one of the worst cap situations in the NFL. There's a good chance the Jaguars will have to cut Malik Jackson and/or Marcell Dareus, plus Calais Campbell turns 33 in September, so Oliver would be a great, cheaper replacement in 2020 and beyond. Oliver was a highly productive defensive lineman for Houston, recording a ridiculous 22.5 TFLs as a freshman. He was a monster this season before getting hurt and currently projects to be a top-10 talent in the 2019 NFL Draft.  

27 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Ah yes, the silly season is in full swing, where all the fans and scouts and coaches forget what happened Sept-Dec and fall in love with SPARC workout warriors in shorts and tank tops.

SPARC translates more to the NFL than what you did in college, unfortunately.