2019 NFL Combine thread: Boyd, Davis, LJH, Omenihu, and Gary Johnson receive invites

Machinator

16 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

It's terrible.  He tested terrible and frankly, he may be drafted as a TE developmental project now.... if he's drafted.  I know that sucks to say (write), but his tests are worse than anticipated and he didn't have high expectations.

Our dudes have been testing for shit st the combine so far 

13 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

I’d probably say 5-7 at this point. He may go a little higher if he can improve his 40 to like a 4.6 on his pro day. Regardless, I think he’ll be a great value for some team. I don’t like the Pats, but I’d like to see LJH go there cuz I think he’d kill it with Brady and Belichrk is on record as saying he thinks the 40 is stupid, so he may see real value in a guy like LJH.

So 5th to 7th round is your prediction, and my take that he should have stayed in school is stupid? At the very least, he would have a degree, had he stayed in school. As it stands now, he is in jeopardy of being undrafted, with no plan B. There were 42 receivers invited to the combine and LJH was in the bottom few in every drill.  There will be many, many more who will better his numbers in their respective pro days.

Just now, FloridaHorn said:

So 5th to 7th round is your prediction, and my take that he should have stayed in school is stupid? At the very least, he would have a degree, had he stayed in school. As it stands now, he is in jeopardy of being undrafted, with no plan B. There were 42 receivers invited to the combine and LJH was in the bottom few in every drill.  There will be many, many more who will better his numbers in their respective pro days.

He can come back and get his degree later.

• Like 2

The performances of Longhorns in this combine are an illustration of our recent struggles. We have had an offense that produced almost zero in the way of big plays....a major reason for this is that our best offensive player was slow. Our defense had to blitz almost every play to get pressure, and that’s because our beatbox DL was pretty slow as well. 

The fact is, these numbers aren’t a sure fire indicator of future stardom, as much as they are a confirmation to what the film shows. Brighter days are ahead as Herman has brought in much better athletes in these last few classes.

• Like 5

So the argument QBs make about not throwing at the combine, is they want to throw to their WRs. It makes sense as it takes time to build that timing and connection. 
But why don’t the WR ever use that excuse? 
Because WRs are supposed to catch everything. Doesn't matter who the QB is. Just how it is.

Interesting... May be tough year for free agent DL

The Patriots don't appear to be in too much of a rush in trying to bring back soon to be free agent Malcom Brown. New England has yet to reach out and have conversations with the defensive tackle regarding a potential return to the club, according to Kevin Duffy of the Boston Herald. 

The Patriots did decline Brown's fifth year option last offseason, so their lack of urgency isn't too surprising. In fact, the Patriots may just let their former first round pick hit the open market and see what he fetches after a so-so season in 2018. The defensive tackle played in 15 games during the regular season (14 starts) and was able to total 39 tackles and one quarterback hit. In the playoffs, he totaled four tackles in three games played. 

Despite his struggles, Brown is seemingly held in high regard in the Patriots locker room. Back in December safety Patrick Chung even noted that Brown's one of the most underrated players on the team. 

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/Article/Patriots-havent-spoken-to-Malcom-Brown-about-a-return-129619613/

Edited by LTtxfan

This is a great visual representation of what I was talking about last night. I couldn’t imagine taking a WR with that bad of a shuttle and 3 cone AND terrible production in college in the top half of the first round, yet that’s where a bunch of people seem to be projecting him now. 
He won't be walked to change direction. He's going to be somebody's "all 9 all the time" guy...(he's, he will run other routes , too, but y'all understand the point.)

58 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Lol. We have one guy who’s actually finished more than half his testing and he was never expected to light up the combine.

But still, my point remains. To this point our dudes have been testing for shit. Not that I care that much, just an observation. 

32 minutes ago, Snacks said:
2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:
This is a great visual representation of what I was talking about last night. I couldn’t imagine taking a WR with that bad of a shuttle and 3 cone AND terrible production in college in the top half of the first round, yet that’s where a bunch of people seem to be projecting him now. 

He won't be walked to change direction. He's going to be somebody's "all 9 all the time" guy...(he's, he will run other routes , too, but y'all understand the point.)

Definitely. I just can’t imagine spending that high of a pick on that kind of player.

3 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I’d say marquies Goodwin and his 4.25. He didn’t really have the best career at Texas, especially when how consider what he’s doing in the NFL. That 40 time got him drafted in the 3rd round.

Goodwin wasn't a pure football guy.