2019 NFL Combine thread: Boyd, Davis, LJH, Omenihu, and Gary Johnson receive invites

Machinator

6 minutes ago, satyanash said:

At 6' 3", 230 lbs. That's just disgusting.

Kudos to whoever managed his S&C

I think he's closer to 6'4", 240 lbs. But still insane. Read the article at the link I posted above - it mentions the group that turned him and how he hated giving up strawberry milk.

Just for the record, there is zero chance Metcalf is at sub 2% body fat. I don’t know what method the combine uses but he is likely closer to 6-8%. Kind of laughable that it’s been reported as such...

Elite bodybuilders don’t even get close to 2%. As far as I know it would be potentially fatal to be that low.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, gurt said:

Just for the record, there is zero chance Metcalf is at sub 2% body fat. I don’t know what method the combine uses but he is likely closer to 6-8%. Kind of laughable that it’s been reported as such...

Elite bodybuilders don’t even get close to 2%. As far as I know it would be potentially fatal to be that low.

Just came here to post that. Wouldn’t some of his organs stop working if he had less than 2% body fat? 

13 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Didn't watch any Ole Miss football really. How much of a game changer was DK Metcalf? I get the 40 time and his physique but how good was he?

He was solid but nothing mindblowing. AJ Brown was their WR1 and the truly special talent.

He did do this after scoring in the Egg Bowl, which was just delightful:

Screen_Shot_2017_11_23_at_10.05.06_PM.0.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Didn't watch any Ole Miss football really. How much of a game changer was DK Metcalf? I get the 40 time and his physique but how good was he?

67 catches for 1228 yards and 14 TD's in 3 seasons.

edit; He's not Megatron and the comparisons are dumb.  

Edited by SDG
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

LOL at this comp...Megatron was an absolute stud on the field at WR at Ga Tech.  Metcalf looked like JAG too many times at Ole Miss.

Yeah, Megatron’s college numbers were incredible when you consider the type of offense he played in

17 minutes ago, Machinator said:

What a fucking douche clown. 

Running a 4.35 40 at 6'5" 240 and at 6'3" 230 is totally different. 

Also Megatron was the most gifted all around WR in NFL History (come @ me) and tore it up in college. 

37 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

If you didn’t hear much about him playing in the SEC/ESPN, that pretty much answers your question. Maybe it changes in the NFL

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ztejas said:

What a fucking douche clown. 

Running a 4.35 40 at 6'5" 240 and at 6'3" 230 is totally different. 

Also Megatron was the most gifted all around WR in NFL History (come @ me) and tore it up in college. 

Randy Moss says hi as does his production.

Ohio State with 3 of the top 7 wide receivers in the 40.  Campbell - 4.31, McLaurin - 4.36, Dixon - 4.41

35 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

Randy Moss says hi as does his production.

Ohio State with 3 of the top 7 wide receivers in the 40.  Campbell - 4.31, McLaurin - 4.36, Dixon - 4.41

Shit... we could debate Moss/Calvin until the sun came up. 

But yeah, just my opinion. Calvin was a bit more physical and a bit better in traffic. Randy was a better deep threat and TD scorer.

• Like 1

LJH and Collin Johnson both are guys who make contested catches instead of creating separation. I'm maybe a little surprised LJH ran a 4.75, but I didn't expect him to do all that well at the combine. Lots of people thought it was a stretch taking him out of high school due to his lack of position and lack of elite athleticism. He's proved people wrong once before, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he does it again in the NFL if he gets his shot. Dude is still pretty damn new at WR and is already good at the little things. That shows elite instincts and work ethic. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Machinator said:

13 reps on the bench for LJH.

33.5 vertical

9'11'' broad jump

4.29 short shuttle

How's that shuttle, comparatively?

Also, not to knock the kid, but all those talking about his work ethic do remember he's been suspended a couple times, right?

Edited by texifornia

He's down to 210 lbs. I doubt it's a work ethic issue.  He's just not a combine athlete... he's a game day athlete.  He's going to drop unless he can rehabilitate those numbers in a serious way at Pro Day, but he'll make a roster.

32 minutes ago, Hook'Em0608 said:

LJH and Collin Johnson both are guys who make contested catches instead of creating separation. I'm maybe a little surprised LJH ran a 4.75, but I didn't expect him to do all that well at the combine. Lots of people thought it was a stretch taking him out of high school due to his lack of position and lack of elite athleticism. He's proved people wrong once before, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he does it again in the NFL if he gets his shot. Dude is still pretty damn new at WR and is already good at the little things. That shows elite instincts and work ethic. 

The little things? He's not a great route runner, he does catch the ball well though.

That shuttle is underwhelming, he'll need a strong pro day to get drafted.