2018 Beer

HenryJames

13 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Anyone seen Grand Cru yet?

I have seen neither the Grand Cru nor the Dubbel Coffee Porter.  That Porter sounds delicious!

Did find the only sixer of this in my HEB this morning. It is first I've seen this season.  This afternoon's gonna be nice!!!

liveOakPrimus.jpg

I haven't seen the Celis Grand Cru or the porter on my grocery store shelves yet.  They're stocking both bottles and cans of white, probably using up an extra shelf slot for that.  I asked them to stop.

Plan on doing my "vertical" of last year's Primus vs. this year's Primus during the Longhorn game.  Wish me luck.

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

I haven't seen the Celis Grand Cru or the porter on my grocery store shelves yet.  They're stocking both bottles and cans of white, probably using up an extra shelf slot for that.  I asked them to stop.

Plan on doing my "vertical" of last year's Primus vs. this year's Primus during the Longhorn game.  Wish me luck.

Good luck we’re all counting on you and props on your discipline on having Primus left from last year, the nectar of the Gods!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MoJames said:

The options in Midland Texas are awful. Thought I might find some Austin options but nope.

One thing I like in Lubbock is the variety of New Mexico beers that I do not get all of the time in H-town.  No such luck in Mitlin with the La Cumbre, Santa Fe Brewing, or Sierra Blanca brews?

On 11/21/2018 at 4:52 PM, DDD Dad said:

I’m not.

I’m kind of done on heavy stouts. Still have tons of KBS and BCBS and others in my fridge and no real interest in opening them.

I could be a friend to you...

I don't get the BCBS hype anymore.  So many local breweries are making fantastic barrel aged beers.  There's nothing special about the Goose Island version anymore, in my opinion.  
Saw a picture of a massive crowd lined up at a store somewhere waiting for it. I assume it was for the variants, but I still don't get it.

45 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I don't get the BCBS hype anymore.  So many local breweries are making fantastic barrel aged beers.  There's nothing special about the Goose Island version anymore, in my opinion.  

I sort of agree and sort of don't and part of it is just because of where I live. We have only a couple of local barrel aged stouts worth buying here, and some of them are in the $15-$20 range for a bomber. Get tons of Fremont Dark Star (one of the best there is) but also goes for $18 a bomber. CBS is $25 a bomber, although I can still find KBS for $20 a 4 pack. If its coming to having to wait in line for an hour or two to get the variants I would agree and also cause of price, but being able to walk in and get a 16.9oz BCBS for $10 between now and probably February is better than most other options I would have and its a safe choice to say it will be better than many of the alternatives. 

Went and picked some up BCBS on Friday without waiting.  Some douchefuck wearing a BCBS hat was hanging around the shelves trying to act like he invented beer and telling everyone what other beers they should buy.  I'm going to go ahead and say being the guy who wears a BCBS hat to BCBS release is infinitely worse than wearing a band's tshirt to go see that band play.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Continental Op said:

Went and picked some up BCBS on Friday without waiting.  Some douchefuck wearing a BCBS hat was hanging around the shelves trying to act like he invented beer and telling everyone what other beers they should buy.  I'm going to go ahead and say being the guy who wears a BCBS hat to BCBS release is infinitely worse than wearing a band's tshirt to go see that band play.  

Image result for pcu movie

• Like 3

Gonna be in the Austin/SA area about a month from now and need some local beer recs.

I'm a fan of IPAs (not that into lactose IPAs) and pilsners, wife is into sours and cider.  Dad and his wife will be along and they don't really drink beer (wine/liquor) but will go for something mild and refreshing.

Whaddaya got?