2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Thank god that’s over. Hopefully, this “day off” leaves them rested and ready to hit the road for 7 games with a bad enough taste in their mouth to have a good road trip. This minor league candle has about burned down. Need to start getting folks back soon.

46 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Thank god that’s over. Hopefully, this “day off” leaves them rested and ready to hit the road for 7 games with a bad enough taste in their mouth to have a good road trip. This minor league candle has about burned down. Need to start getting folks back soon.

I feel like someone makes this lament every time there’s a loss over the last month. And then they just go out and win the next series.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

So……you’re saying it’s working and should continue?

Yes, I’m saying they should replace Springer, Altuve, and Correa with AAA players. Obviously.

Im saying the hand-wringing is overblown. It literally is working - I’m not saying that, the results do. They’re going to be fine until they get everyone back, whether that’s next week or next month.

Lulz, nobody here is handwringing in the slightest. Well, not me anyway. You may have read too much into my post. I am and have been more than pleased with what this club is doing with all personnel available. Games like today happen with the best of lineups. And I hope, and expect this outlier will motivate them for this road trip. That said, I am ready to see them start getting some guys back.

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’m saying our minor league system is stacked. I feel bad for the players that are mlb ready 

hell, even super Jack is starting to show life 

This is a “problem” that every MLB club aspires to have. After all the years of support I have given to this team, I am more than gruntled to find this organization have to “deal” with it.

Unless we're worried about more injures, or think some of the current ones are more serious, not sure why we'd trade for hitting. With Alvarez doing well, Tucker still available, and other replacements doing ok, I don't think hitting is a concern. If were going to trade let's go for pitching. 

Unless we're worried about more injures, or think some of the current ones are more serious, not sure why we'd trade for hitting. With Alvarez doing well, Tucker still available, and other replacements doing ok, I don't think hitting is a concern. If were going to trade let's go for pitching. 

While I agree with you to an extent....posting this after getting shutout is ballsy lol

Veteran bet for a deep WS run 

Lunhow said yesterday they we have about 30 players on their trade watch list, mostly pitchers. He said this week they’ll amp up the evaluations and in some cases get the discussions going. He expects to be a late player in the trade game, if a move is made.

he stated, when everyone is back - this is a roster that can win it all 

4 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Are you kidding me????? Replacing Tyler White with Edwin would be a huge upgrade. Also Gurriel hasn't been the best 

20 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

Are you kidding me????? Replacing Tyler White with Edwin would be a huge upgrade. Also Gurriel hasn't been the best 

Replacing White a fungo would be a huge upgrade. And yes Yuli isn't having the best of years. I just think if they're going to move some players they should opt for pitching. But I'm ok with getting both if it doesn't cost too much. 

That’s on my to do’s tomorrow or Wed...

Let me know if I should save my time
It was ok...i mean just tried it cause its the cool thing to do. Spent $10 for small spaghetti plate, 1 hot dog and a soda. They have messed up hours so make sure you go before 4 or something

Yeah, Encarnacion would have made some sense - rotating in at DH and 1B. Alvarez is still a bit of a wild card and Gurriel has been pretty bad this year. 

But when the injured guys are back, the upgrade is probably less important than bolstering the pitching staff. So it makes sense that they'd have interest in Encarnacion, but wouldn't overpay for him. 

I mean, we have to save some money to apply to Scherzer's $100 M or whatever it is that he's still owed over the next couple of seasons after we acquire him in a couple weeks. (No, I don't really think this has any chance of actually happening, but I'm going to pretend for a moment.)

5 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Because why wouldn't you want a guy that is on pace to hit 40+ HRs on your team, when you could have guys that haven't proven they can. You trade for Edwin because he's a better hitter than half your team when it's healthy. The only guys he would be behind would be Altuve, Springer, Bregman, and perhaps Brantley.

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Because why wouldn't you want a guy that is on pace to hit 40+ HRs on your team, when you could have guys that haven't proven they can. You trade for Edwin because he's a better hitter than half your team when it's healthy. The only guys he would be behind would be Altuve, Springer, Bregman, and perhaps Brantley.

i think the point is that without knowing which players are avail on our end, most of us just want to make sure we have the guys we need to deal for the pitching that we want.

1. sp3

2. 7th inning rp

2a. possible lefty rp

3. another lefty bat/1b type 

that's my hanukkah list.