2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I had to look up that Round Rock game.. not often you see this in the bottom of the ninth:

11715ce001f1088ffe3754e75bc7a905.jpg

None other than our independent league pickup...Felipe Paulino...doing most of the damage. 7 runs on 6 hits. Retired one of the 8 batters he faced.

Brendon McCurry came on and allowed all 3 guys he faced to reach to finish the job

Glad we got Zach and not Robbie
Classic game by Ray.
6 up, 6 down
Then in the third:
Double
Walk (T White! Who’s 1-14 for LA)
Sac bunt
Sac fly (1-0)
Walk
Double (2-0)
IBB

Gets out of it leaving bases loaded after 29 pitch inning

Little quick to judgment. Final Ray line:
6 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 3 BB. Against a pretty stout lineup.

Little quick to judgment. Final Ray line:

6 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 3 BB. Against a pretty stout lineup.

Yep

He was probably a Turner hit away from being chased in that game in that inning I posted and ended up settling down to give his team a chance to come back and win

On the other side, Beuhler is going to be touuuugh in Oct if he keeps up what he’s doing.

He only went 6 because of a high early pitch count but looked dominant

47 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Yep

He was probably a Turner hit away from being chased in that game in that inning I posted and ended up settling down to give his team a chance to come back and win

On the other side, Beuhler is going to be touuuugh in Oct if he keeps up what he’s doing.

He only went 6 because of a high early pitch count but looked dominant

You know who else looks dominant,  your motherfucking Houston Astros 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, patrickdrinksbeer said:

the altuve homer to the conoco porch off maeda after we’d fallen behind by 3 again is my all-time favorite swing of the bat.

It was right after he almost hit a home run on a hanging slider before.  So Maeda felt he had to throw him a fastball.  Never throw Altuve a fastball.

2 hours ago, patrickdrinksbeer said:

the altuve homer to the conoco porch off maeda after we’d fallen behind by 3 again is my all-time favorite swing of the bat.

I guess you also have to put Chris Burke in the conversation. But I’m thinking Marwin against Jansen was as big as any. 

Just now, Gut Wagon said:

I guess you also have to put Chris Burke in the conversation. But I’m thinking Marwin against Jansen was as big as any. 

It gets lost in all the other big hits in that game but that Springer home run is my favorite. Right after he made a big error he crushes one. On a different note here's an interesting article about how Judge has lost his pull power this season.

https://www.mlb.com/news/aaron-judge-slugging-to-opposite-field-in-2019

35 minutes ago, texashorne said:

After game 2, I told myself there would never be a better baseball game in my lifetime and a few days later this happened. 

I was at Game 2 and was selfishly basking in the glow of having attended the greatest Astro game ever... and then Game 5 happened.  I got over it pretty quickly.