2019 Texas Rangers Thread

Vic Mackey

I seriously doubt Joey Wins MVP because I think we should probably treat Trout like prime MJ.  Of course he's the MVP. But Gallo is a fucking stud. Leads the AL in OBP, OPS and OPS+..  Might reach last years WAR by tonight  

I bet Trout hits 6 HRs this weekend.  

They aren't far off.  Got an ACE in Minor.  Got a game changer in the line up.  Plus some other solid to pretty good pieces. 

Not near as good or as deep as Houston but competitive.  

Wish we would've gone after Machado.

Using the opener + Sampson has had pretty good results and assuming they continue to do that you have to feel good on 3/5 of the time through the rotation. I have no hope with Smyly ( he's pitching tonight).  I wouldn't mind seeing the opener + Jurado.  Shelby Miller needs to never see the mound again.  He's worse than Chan Ho Park, Sydney Ponson, and numerous others.

If they just had one more MORP they be so much better off - obviously.

There's only so much you can do with a stretched thin BP.

I think id leave LeClerc in the fireman role as opposed to moving back to closer.

I'm interested to see who moves when Willie comes back.  Delino or Nomar.  

3 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Actually, Elvis could have easily caught it as well.

Elvis could have caught it. But Pence had an easy line to the ball. Lol at the desk saying "Pence couldn't have gotten there"

My ass.

Legendary baseball writer Gerry Fraley dies after cancer battle

Described by those who knew him as gruff, smart and unflinchingly fair, Fraley spent most of his career covering the Texas Rangers, a beat he first inherited in 1989. He also previously covered the Philadelphia Phillies and Atlanta Braves, as well as a variety of other stories across baseball and throughout the world of sports.

"You didn't have to draw any pictures for him," former commissioner Bud Selig told The Dallas Morning News. "He knew. He understood. You could trust him. He was fair, honest, a great reporter."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/media/2019/05/25/gerry-fraley-dies-dallas-morning-news/1234974001/

12 hours ago, ztejas said:

Elvis could have caught it. But Pence had an easy line to the ball. Lol at the desk saying "Pence couldn't have gotten there"

My ass.

Looked to me like they both pulled off at the last second because they were afraid of a collision.

I saw Houston's Adam Everett's career cut short by just such a collision.

Also, I'm not sure Kelley's stuff is good enough for a closer role. I thought Martin was doing pretty well there. What happened?

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

18 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Looked to me like they both pulled off at the last second because they were afraid of a collision.

I saw Houston's Adam Everett's career cut short by just such a collision.

Also, I'm not sure Kelley's stuff is good enough for a closer role. I thought Martin was doing pretty well there. What happened?

Kelley was terrible. I don't get putting a different closer in for each inning. Leclerc was doing fine as was Chavez.

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Legendary baseball writer Gerry Fraley dies after cancer battle

Described by those who knew him as gruff, smart and unflinchingly fair, Fraley spent most of his career covering the Texas Rangers, a beat he first inherited in 1989. He also previously covered the Philadelphia Phillies and Atlanta Braves, as well as a variety of other stories across baseball and throughout the world of sports.

"You didn't have to draw any pictures for him," former commissioner Bud Selig told The Dallas Morning News. "He knew. He understood. You could trust him. He was fair, honest, a great reporter."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/media/2019/05/25/gerry-fraley-dies-dallas-morning-news/1234974001/

He deserves his own thread. 

But, Evan's was the best eulogy I read.