2019 Texas Rangers Thread

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

He should.  Will he?

He’s definitely got something different going on. His delivery looks a little smoother.  A lot more bite on his offspeed pitches.  I hope he keeps it up.  What a freaking gem of a trade return if so 

17 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

He’s definitely got something different going on. His delivery looks a little smoother.  A lot more bite on his offspeed pitches.  I hope he keeps it up.  What a freaking gem of a trade return if so 

Yeah well Ryan drese looked like an ace for half a year too. 

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Yeah well Ryan drese looked like an ace for half a year too. 

Oh I hear ya. I was mainly saying it would be good to gain at least a competent starter out of him.  He seems like a nice 3/4/5 to me, and he’s pitched like that for the last few weeks 

6 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Oh I hear ya. I was mainly saying it would be good to gain at least a competent starter out of him.  He seems like a nice 3/4/5 to me, and he’s pitched like that for the last few weeks 

Yep.  They may have something with Jurado and Sampson.  Feel good about what they have with Minor and Lynn.  Just survive Smyly

At the very least it buys the guys in Frisco and Nashville more time.

30 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Yep.  They may have something with Jurado and Sampson.  Feel good about what they have with Minor and Lynn.  Just survive Smyly

At the very least it buys the guys in Frisco and Nashville more time.

Precisely.  I was t terribly upset with Palumbo’s effort yesterday.  I think he’s got the stuff to make a solid lefty starter.    Shower early.  Made a few mistakes and left the ball up and paid for it.  He’ll learn 

19 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Precisely.  I was t terribly upset with Palumbo’s effort yesterday.  I think he’s got the stuff to make a solid lefty starter.    Shower early.  Made a few mistakes and left the ball up and paid for it.  He’ll learn 

Yep. I liked that he appears to have pretty good stuff and not afraid to challenge guys.  

He missed time with TJS too.  So he's missing maybe 100 innings of seasoning. 

Hopefully we get to see him up in September.

Weird fact I didn't even realize yesterday. Both ends of a double header were pitched entirely by rookie pitchers for the Rangers.

Today's starter matchup doesn't look favorable, but the bullpen should be rested.

22 minutes ago, DougO said:

Weird fact I didn't even realize yesterday. Both ends of a double header were pitched entirely by rookie pitchers for the Rangers.

Today's starter matchup doesn't look favorable, but the bullpen should be rested.

Is it ever favorable with this bum on the hill. We need to ship or cut Smyly yesterday 

Fucking A’s are our Kryptonite...still, a 7-4 home stand is solid.  This road trip will be telling, really need to at least split with Boston and take the Cincy series.

Fucking Smyly is beyond worthless....

Edited by Ignatius

40 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

good.  It's obvious that they know there's a problem with Smyly and Odor.  I don't get the feeling that this is a case of Wash running out Michael Young everyday batting clean up.

Makes me wonder where we would be if Jason Hamels hadn't retired before opening day.

LSB has a good article about if Texas should buy or sell or both.