2019 Texas Rangers Thread

Vic Mackey

Odor has always been “the chosen one”. When other players underperform, they get traded, they get sent down to the minors, they get benched. When Odor underperforms?  We let him try to “play his way through it”. Everytime he gets a hit, his shelf life is extended by another 2 weeks. It doesn’t matter if he’s 1 for his last 20, that hit looked so good! Put him in the lineup another 2 weeks damnit!

• Like 1

When push comes to shove, management wants to be able to say, "we gave him every chance." I guess Odor has a lot of fans. The scrappy, stylized little fighter with a big bat. In the second part of the season,, it will be time to choose a #1 lineup - one they can go with when the big guns come to town, when the season is on the line.

It might just come down to who do you want on the bench - Odor or DeShields. One is faster and is hitting pretty well. Of course, I still think we're going to package an outfielder (or two) and an infielder and try to get a solid starter in the rotation.

Guzman homered last night. His batting in the last few weeks is better than I thought. Forsythe has done everything they've ask him to do. I'd take him over Odor in a heartbeat. Cabrera has to be a little nervous. Suspect he'll start at third tonight. In the last 7 games, he's hitting .111. Forsythe, .360. Guzman, .333, Mazara, .400 (FWIW), Odor .167.

Odor sucks. Chavez was throwing heat last night. Everything was so clean - I get it's Detroit but he's putting the ball wherever he wants right now. 

Really we should have hung 8 or 9 on the board but a W is a W. Let's sweep it out now. 

1 hour ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

When push comes to shove, management wants to be able to say, "we gave him every chance." I guess Odor has a lot of fans. The scrappy, stylized little fighter with a big bat. In the second part of the season,, it will be time to choose a #1 lineup - one they can go with when the big guns come to town, when the season is on the line.

It might just come down to who do you want on the bench - Odor or DeShields. One is faster and is hitting pretty well. Of course, I still think we're going to package an outfielder (or two) and an infielder and try to get a solid starter in the rotation.

Guzman homered last night. His batting in the last few weeks is better than I thought. Forsythe has done everything they've ask him to do. I'd take him over Odor in a heartbeat. Cabrera has to be a little nervous. Suspect he'll start at third tonight. In the last 7 games, he's hitting .111. Forsythe, .360. Guzman, .333, Mazara, .400 (FWIW), Odor .167.

Santana is better than forsythe. The team has cheap control of him until the end of the 2021 season. He should definitely be kept.

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

I mean, he’s tied for second in baseball in WAR rt now 

Thats why i go back and forth on moving him.  Say you make it to wildcard and you've got an opportunity to throw him or Lynn.  I feel pretty good about those two taking the mound and lets see what happens.  

5 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Thats why i go back and forth on moving him.  Say you make it to wildcard and you've got an opportunity to throw him or Lynn.  I feel pretty good about those two taking the mound and lets see what happens.  

Me too.  I’m at the crossroads of extending him for 2-3 years on top of his current deal, or trading him for a haul.  But if we’re gonna hang around, I think he and Lynn could keep us in a series 

Edited by Trey3216

Odor back in against a RHP. June Calhoun gets another (well deserved) start.

Texas Rangers Starting Lineup

Shin-Soo Choo - DH

Danny Santana - 1B

Elvis Andrus - SS

Nomar Mazara - RF

Joey Gallo - CF

Willie Calhoun - LF

Logan Forsythe - 3B

Rougned Odor - 2B

Tim Federowicz - C

Ariel Jurado - P

Forsythe's third straight start at third. Something is going to happen there. Looks like a final test to see if they need Cabrera or Forsythe. He might be a little nervous. Bobbled the first ball hit to him, but got the out. 0 for 4 yesterday. Of course Forsythe can plan any other infield position, but so can Santana, apparently. Obviously, we're looking to make a trade.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

14 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Forsythe's third straight start at third. Something is going to happen there. Looks like a final test to see if they need Cabrera or Forsythe. He might be a little nervous. Bobbled the first ball hit to him, but got the out. 0 for 4 yesterday. Of course Forsythe can plan any other infield position, but so can Santana, apparently. Obviously, we're looking to make a trade.

Forsythe or Cabrera are the obvious ones to trade. They both old and aren’t controllable after this year.