2019 Texas Rangers Thread

Vic Mackey

I’d like to follow the Rangers to Tampa sometime. I’ve seen most of the great stadiums and I think I’d like to focus on the notoriously bad ones. Makes for good sports storytelling later.  

For instance- one time I went to O.co in Oakland. Not even sure it’s still called that. The bathrooms were 1 inch deep in piss and beer. Stadium was mostly empty except for there was a group of like 20 dudes that apparently go to a lot of games sitting behind me. They were obnoxious and drunk/high as fuck, but it was actually funny and they kept buying me beers and throwing arms around me because I was a visiting fan (they don’t see many) and I was  also rolling solo. Ended up eating street tacos, drinking heavily and hanging out with a group of hipster chicks after the game - all with this group of dudes. 

The whole place was a total dump, food terrible, Rangers lost, but I had a damn good time. 

Also- I have like a 20-2 all time road record with this team. Surprisingly good. Losses are this one against the A’s and a loss against the Tigers on the backend of a doubleheader facing Verlander. We won the first game and it was like 8-0 at the end of the first inning. Hamilton, Kinsler, and maybe someone else all hit multi-run homers in the first. The tigers fans were... upset. 

Anyway. /csb

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

So we're one game behind Tampa Bay (this weekend's four game series) for the #1 Wild Card slot. The Indians and Red Sox are hot on our ass. And 4-1/2 behind the Stros

And one win away from 10 games over .500...unreal.

1 hour ago, Gucci_Suit said:

I’d like to follow the Rangers to Tampa sometime. I’ve seen most of the great stadiums and I think I’d like to focus on the notoriously bad ones. Makes for good sports storytelling later.  

For instance- one time I went to O.co in Oakland. Not even sure it’s still called that. The bathrooms were 1 inch deep in piss and beer. Stadium was mostly empty except for there was a group of like 20 dudes that apparently go to a lot of games sitting behind me. They were obnoxious and drunk/high as fuck, but it was actually funny and they kept buying me beers and throwing arms around me because I was a visiting fan (they don’t see many) and I was  also rolling solo. Ended up eating street tacos, drinking heavily and hanging out with a group of hipster chicks after the game - all with this group of dudes. 

The whole place was a total dump, food terrible, Rangers lost, but I had a damn good time. 

Also- I have like a 20-2 all time road record with this team. Surprisingly good. Losses are this one against the A’s and a loss against the Tigers on the backend of a doubleheader facing Verlander. We won the first game and it was like 8-0 at the end of the first inning. Hamilton, Kinsler, and maybe someone else all hit multi-run homers in the first. The tigers fans were... upset. 

Anyway. /csb

Hah, I went to a weekend series in Oakland 7-8 years ago and had a very similar experience.  They have like less than 200 real fans but the ones they do have party like it’s their last night on Earth.,,,

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ignatius said:

Hah, I went to a weekend series in Oakland 7-8 years ago and had a very similar experience.  They have like less than 200 real fans but the ones they do have party like it’s their last night on Earth.,,,

Right! Exactly. 

I remember this one dude, early 30’s,  sitting there barely able to focus his eyes, yelling “leeehts ghhooo, ohhhland ehhhs!”. Sounded like he was from Manitoba or some shit.  Dude was wearing 70’s A’s gear too.  

Also some crazy baseball going on right now. Elvis running into outs and some other shit that resulted in a run. 

2 hours ago, Ignatius said:

They may be, they live in Oakland 

22 hours ago, Gucci_Suit said:

I saw the Rangers play Tampa at the Trop a several years ago.  Darvish was pitching against Alex Cobb and was scoreless through 7 or 8 innings and Elvis hit a HR that was the difference.  

From the way you described it, O.co sounds a lot worse than the Trop.

Rangers had a brutal stretch of a shit ton of games in as many days (I think one more than days since one was a double header). That was supposed to be the stretch that did them in and prove them as pretenders. But they actually came out on the other side better and stronger. We were supposed to be one of the worst teams in baseball and historically bad. But they are a fun team to watch and don't lack talent. Pitching a lot better than expected. No idea if they can keep it up in the second half but for now, very fun to watch.

12 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Rangers had a brutal stretch of a shit ton of games in as many days (I think one more than days since one was a double header). That was supposed to be the stretch that did them in and prove them as pretenders. But they actually came out on the other side better and stronger. We were supposed to be one of the worst teams in baseball and historically bad. But they are a fun team to watch and don't lack talent. Pitching a lot better than expected. No idea if they can keep it up in the second half but for now, very fun to watch.

They played 21 games in 20 days and came out of that with a 12-9 record. Pregame yesterday on the radio had interview with Woody, he said that Pence wanted to go but that they want to be careful with him. He'll get some swings in Frisco before he gets back with the team. Interview 2 days ago with Pence he said he understands being cautious, he's been doing this long enough that he understands that it's a process. Also said that he'll be ready for the All Star game.

Gallo just laid down a sweet bunt, lol. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

I mean, that ball was absolutely scorched.  Can’t wait to see the stat cast  on it 

https://twitter.com/Rangers/status/1145395671853391872

Edited by futureman
fucking cunt shit bitch motherfucker how in the name of hitler’s asshole do you fucking imbed tweets fuck fuck piss fuck

Does anyone know when the game would be postponed to? Will this just create a doubleheader on one of the following days? 

(obviously RIP to Skaggs - bigger than baseball - just curious)

Edited by ztejas

Does anyone know when the game would be postponed to? Will this just create a doubleheader on one of the following days? 
(obviously RIP to Skaggs - bigger than baseball - just curious)
Gonna be made up in August, not on this trip.

Assuming they don't have any same off days, I think the rule is that it has to be made up at the next possible time. Which would be the series starting August 19th. 

That happened with the Beltre retirement. By rule, they had to play a double header that day even though it wasn't the most convenient.