2019 Texas Rangers Thread

Vic Mackey

Holy S, watching the replay of Choo's homer. Dying laughing as a fan takes it off the gut trying to catch it and falls over..

Not sure if it will link to the exact video, but it's at the 26 second mark of the 'Rangers rock 5 homers in 9-8 win' video

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/astros-vs-rangers/2019/07/12/566811#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=videos,game=566811

Holy S, watching the replay of Choo's homer. Dying laughing as a fan takes it off the gut trying to catch it and falls over..
Not sure if it will link to the exact video, but it's at the 26 second mark of the 'Rangers rock 5 homers in 9-8 win' video

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/astros-vs-rangers/2019/07/12/566811#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab=videos,game=566811

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyRage said:

That wasn’t gut.  That hit dude square in the face and he was unconscious before he hit the ground 

Edited by Trey3216

Re Solak, sounds like there are about to be a few more changes. If there are two positions where we didn't need anyone, it was outfield and second base. Yet they go after Solak and give up a 100mph reliever with some control problems. I don't think they would consider trading Odor unless someone really promising popped up - and maybe that's what has happened.They've got Santana playing second and first, so Forsythe's only value is at third. If they're going to trade or cut him too, then I guess they're willing to let Gallo backup at third. Or can Solak play third? I also wonder if Willie's bloom is off the rose. Has the league figured out his weakness?

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

1 hour ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Re Solak, sounds like there are about to be a few more changes. If there are two positions where we didn't need anyone, it was outfield and second base. Yet they go after Solak and give up a 100mph reliever with some control problems. I don't think they would consider trading Odor unless someone really promising popped up - and maybe that's what has happened.They've got Santana playing second and first, so Forsythe's only value is at third. If they're going to trade or cut him too, then I guess they're willing to let Gallo backup at third. Or can Solak play third? I also wonder if Willie's bloom is off the rose. Has the league figured out his weakness?

They won’t consider trading odor because who wants a .195 hitter making $15 million per year or whatever it is. 

• Like 1

Houston owned Ranger hitters yesterday. Willie got two hits, Mazara, Andrus, Odor got one each. That's it. Gallo got walked a couple of times. They didn't want to be out there in that heat. Santana and DeShields, two of the most productive hitters, didn't start. Each pinch hit. Santana walked in a run.

Guzman's at .200 (.100 in his last four games.) His D is good, but not that good. I really think they've got to do something there. I actually think Forsythe is a better option. He's shown a little more consistency when he gets the reps. Odor is batting .260 in last 4 games. Santana, .460 in last 4.

Cabrera is batting .091 in his last 4, .125 in his last 20. That's just plain not acceptable. I know a Forsythe error cost us game 3 on Sat, but maybe it was a bad bounce. Tough one to handle in the rain. I'll take him hitting .250 any day over .100.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Solak this week. Pence is supposed to be back too.

I think it would be a mistake to trade Mazara. He is still a bit rough around the edges, but quite a mature hitter for his age. I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up being the best overall hitter of the bunch in time. He has the tools, I want to see what he does with a little more time.

Edited by DougO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SurlyBDR said:

I like the kid's potential, but he's gotta grow up. I understand to a degree, but he's cried about it seemingly every single time.

Might as well give Calhoun the nickname “squeak little bitch scolari” because that’s how the rangers treat him.

Calhoun's been optioned to make room for Pence.

And let me add -- every time someone says something bad about Odor, he does something good. So here goes: He and Cabrera can't fucking hit. What the fuck is management hoping, that they will get hot - during the final weeks of the season? Even if they get on a streak - so fucking what. What are the odds they'll be on that streak in the goddamn playoff run?

So far tonight - they're 0 for 4. Not even close to getting a hit. We had two on, in the second I believe, when they combined to kill the fucking rally.