2019 Texas Rangers Thread

Vic Mackey

48 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Minor and Lynn are a solid 1-2. Much better starting pitching than I expected when the season started. Wish Minor could get some better run support.

They’ve definitely been a wonderful surprise.  Add on the surprise from Jurado and Sampson and it’s really not a terrible staff.  Just need to find a #5.  I mean, it’s not a championship rotation, but it could be good enough to get you to the dance 

hot take - rangers should make a move for Clint Frazier now that his trade value is relatively modest as the odd man out in the yanks crowded outfield depth chart. would love to see what he could do with consistent playing time.

Edited by Henry Hill

7 minutes ago, Henry Hill said:

hot take - rangers should make a move for Clint Frazier now that his trade value is relatively modest as the odd man out in the yanks crowded outfield depth chart. would love to see what he could do with consistent playing time.

I'd heard his defense is terrible.  Is that true?  Any idea?

5 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Michael Young getting his number retired now.  

Anytime you can honor a 24 WAR player, who bitched about losing his position to better players, for eternity you definitely have to do that.

well now that we have Young in we can start working on Charlie Hough.

15 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Smyly gave up back-to-back-to-back home runs.  Why are we keeping this scrub around?  This is Scott Erickson and Aaron Myette level bad.

Yeah, the radio guys had to get out the record book to see who the last Ranger pitcher was to do that. May of 2017, A.J. Griffin vs Detroit in the first inning.

4 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

lulz. failure/traded + run out of town to the team that is winning all the time now, with the biggest bust on the team in the on deck circle, while apparently some ranger just k'd.  what an excellent troll.

I view it as "aspirational".

We need to trade for a good starter. We need Gallo back. Sorry to see Forsythe's woes continue. He was doing well when he was getting the playing time. Odor is running hot and cold. When he's on, you think "how can we trade this guy." Then he slumps big time. Bottom line to me is that he strikes out too much, doesn't put the ball in play. Package Odor with either Mazara, Guzman or Forsythe. Hasn't Santana played some second? Or is my mind playing tricks.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

21 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

LSB has some photos of the real thing up.  That giant space between the tiers in left field is real.

One would think it has a purpose, possibly with light or airflow. Of course, it's a place where they could always cram in more seats or suites or fancy stadium amenities in the future.

Odor makes some nice plays at second, but he also creates a lot of nice plays by Guzman with his wild AF throws. Guz seems like he makes him look good a lot of times.

Odor's ego and seemingly limited intellect don't give me a lot of hope that he will ever be able to correct his flaws at the plate.

• Like 1

I had been wondering recently if this was a possible thing. He had a couple of decent years as a starter a while back, but to switch back at age 35 seems a bit risky. I guess it's a chance worth taking, without acquiring another arm.

I had been wondering recently if this was a possible thing. He had a couple of decent years as a starter a while back, but to switch back at age 35 seems a bit risky. I guess it's a chance worth taking, without acquiring another arm.

Lol, at what point does Bartolo get a call?