2019 Texas Rangers Thread

Vic Mackey

22 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So who had 40 wins on June 20?

I had 40 Ws on September 20th. 

3 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Headed out there this evening.  Hopefully I don't melt 

It's not as bad today. Kind of breezy and not quite as warm. 

Still hot as fuck though so good luck. 

Kelley is always good for a run or two. I guess there's no way Chris Martin coulda gone for an extra out or two?

Guzman, Cabrera, Federowicz O-fors. Woodward seems more than happy to pull a hot Forsythe late in the game to insert Guzman to face a RHP, but he sure didn't return the favor tonight late when the .209 Guzman was facing an LHP

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

Sucks Lynn's streak of 8 straight quality starts ended in the first inning tonight. But holy shit he's come back. That was this season's most important signing, imo.

Edited by SurlyBDR
If not Forsythe, streaky hitting be damned

I was at the game last night.  A few thoughts:

1.  I hope this version of Nomar sticks around

2.  Chi Sox outfielders threw some absolute lasers to gun down 3 different runners

3.  My wife brought up the topic of if the players own or rent their homes and where do they live.  I told her the only players that bought homes in the DFW area were probably only those on a long-term contract.  So then I went to Baseballreference to look at the contract situation.  Holy shit I didn't realize how top heavy the list was with of course Choo sucking the most cash, followed by Elvis, then Roughie.  After that it's nothing more than 3 year/$30 mil type contracts for a few of our starters.  Once we have Choo off the books next year, I can't imagine a team having more money to spend than us.  I mean, fucking Joey Bats is making less than 69% of the team.  I knew Jon Daniels sucked, but the payroll situation is absurd.

4.  I'm going to miss The Temple.  It looks better than ever and I can't believe they're going to tear it down and put up another Minute Maid.

Pretty small crowd today, judging from the TV coverage. Wimps don't like the heat. I would love to be there with a photo pass shooting the game on a beautiful afternoon.

Very pleasant second inning.

Edited by DougO

14 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:
39 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:
Guzman 0-3, Cabrera 0-4. These guys play good D, but both have been sucking wind on O.

Nadel said on the radio broadcast that Pence should be back on Tuesday and Gallo on Thursday.

They need to figure out a way to keep Santana in the lineup. He’s been one of our best players this year.

41 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Or gallo back to cf and forsythe at third. 

Anyway, this team isn’t winning the west or any playoff series, so I hope they still entertain trading assets if the return is great. If not, look to add bullpen and give it a go. 

I wouldn’t ride them off completely. MLB playoffs are crazy. Just get in and anything can happen.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Or gallo back to cf and forsythe at third. 

Anyway, this team isn’t winning the west or any playoff series, so I hope they still entertain trading assets if the return is great. If not, look to add bullpen and give it a go. 

I wouldn't mind seeing how Cabrera responds to a little competition. He can do better. Meanwhile we get some different looks at ways to score runs.

If Gallo, Mazara, DeShields and Odor continue to improve, we'll be very competitive offensively. Pitching health is always a mine field. That's why we need one more good starter. Things go right, we might take a first round series.

3 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

I wouldn't mind seeing how Cabrera responds to a little competition. He can do better. Meanwhile we get some different looks at ways to score runs.

If Gallo, Mazara, DeShields and Odor continue to improve, we'll be very competitive offensively. Pitching health is always a mine field. That's why we need one more good starter. Things go right, we might take a first round series.

I hope we’re not pinning our hopes on Odor improving. He had a short stretch where he hit the ball well last season but for the most part, he’s been a sub.200 hitter for the last 2 years.

On 6/24/2019 at 11:07 AM, CowtownHorn said:

Surprising. Can’t wait to see what this offense can do when Gallo and Pence get back in the lineup. Went to the game yesterday...Rangers are 3-0 in games I’ve attended this year. I should go to more games.

From from what they were saying on the radio earlier, looks like Gallo will be back in the lineup this evening.   I know that’s been the plan for a while, but good to not see setbacks 

Deshields is the odd man out because he can't DH and you have to have 4 of Gallo, Mazara, Choo, Pence, Calhoun in the lineup IMO and then you have Santana.

has Pence ever played 1st? I know Gallo doesn't want to play 3rd and maybe he shouldn't but man a lineup of Gallo/3B, Choo/LF, Mazara/RF, Calhoun/DH, Pence/1B, Santana/CF, Forsythe/2B, Fedo/C, Andrus/SS would be crazy.  I think it is the 9 best hitters we could put out there that have any chance of fielding reasonably.  I know it would never happen because Guzman is too valuable at 1st it seems and Gallo just hates 3B.

Odor is such a fucking boat anchor.  Calhoun not having any position potential hurts some as well.

17 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Nice Start. Up 2-0 first inning. Rougie grounds to pitcher with runners on second and third to end the inning. Gallo walks. Mazara singles for first run. Forsythe long sac fly for second.

Such a terrible at bat by Odor. I really wonder what it'll take for him to finally get benched.