2019 Texas Rangers Thread

Vic Mackey

On 4/30/2019 at 10:25 PM, Longhorn Al said:

100+ RBI by the All-Star break was another cool accomplishment (Juan Gonzalez)

then pitchers found out they could throw a breaking ball outside the batter's box and he'd swing at it. 

On 5/7/2019 at 12:57 PM, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I remember finding out about Mathis' signing and Beltre's retirement announcement on the same day.  I said that was the darkest day in Rangers' history.

October 27, 2011 and nothing else compares

Pence is the better player right now. I'm good with it although I like DeLino 

For the record, I don't think Pence is a better player just right now. Pence deserves a roster spot, no matter where he plays. 

Edited by SurlyBDR

10 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Too bad he doesn't get the loss. Had the score been 3.2, Choo probably would have stayed home and tagged up to tie the game. He knew his run didn't matter. LeClerc has gone to shit.

That Choo running was weird.  I was always taught don’t move if you’re on third.  Was he really taking the score into account so he took off you think?

36 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

That Choo running was weird.  I was always taught don’t move if you’re on third.  Was he really taking the score into account so he took off you think?

I would think someone who has played that much baseball would know that the only run that could change the outcome of the game was at first base.

13 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

We lost because the lineup was terrible last night.

we were facing a left handed starter and had odor, Choo, gallo, Mazara, Guzman, and Mathis all in the lineup. That’s 5 lefties and a guy who can’t hit. Great.

Great point. Woodward should take every opportunity to let most of these players know that they aren't locked into a starting job. A little competition will be good for them.

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looks like they are going to use the Opener tonight with Chavez getting the call followed by Smyly.

I'm excited about their use of the opener.  Chavez isn't good enough to give high pressure situations.  Smyly has been meh.  See of you can piece together 6 or 7 innings out of that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Seems like this team had a lot more going on when Forsythe (.276) and Santana (.307) were getting regular ABs. Does this team have some sort of a "can't lose your position because of injury" understanding?

Odor is the front offices favorite player because he punched Bautista. Only reason I can think of. He didn’t earn the extension or all of the playing time based on his play on the field.

Daniels should be given his walking papers. There is nothing to evidence that he is capable of building a competitive team. Whether he ever did is of course a matter of argument but it’s pretty clear that he has not made enough of the right moves in more than 5 seasons now.

6 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Daniels should be given his walking papers. There is nothing to evidence that he is capable of building a competitive team. Whether he ever did is of course a matter of argument but it’s pretty clear that he has not made enough of the right moves in more than 5 seasons now.

The owners haven’t really invested in the team at all this year and it shows.  It’s all about “the new stadium”, but when are we going to fill that stadium with good players?

The owners haven’t really invested in the team at all this year and it shows.  It’s all about “the new stadium”, but when are we going to fill that stadium with good players?

Oh sure they suck as well but even when they did have a more open checkbook Daniels failed to do anything meaningful with it. It wouldn’t be a winner but it also is probably not the complete shitshow it is now if he had

23 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Don’t worry, we’re gonna go after Nolan Arrenado in the off-season.    Oh wait, nvm 

• Haha 1